Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return! (THE END)  (Read 72133 times)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return! (IUFB6)
« Reply #105 on: September 17, 2019, 11:50:14 AM »
Welcome back to The Price is Right, everybody! George, it's time to call one more contestant down. Who do you have?

GEORGE: I have GameshowFan9001, come on down! You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

(Walking 2007)

(cheers and applause)

Nice to see you, GameshowFan9001. You're going to get one chance to bid, and everyone else will get their last chance to bid. Here comes the prize.

GEORGE: Here's Jimmy, and he's coming down to Bidder's Row with a handy navigation system. (Cue 68) (applause) Whether it's driving down the road or hiking in the woods, take this Garmin GPSMAP navigation system with you. Battery-powered, and also comes with an AC adapter, and its maps are updated continuously, so you'll never get lost again.

Thank you, James.

BIDDING ORDER: GameshowFan9001, 123123123, Archviler, mechamind

Let's have the first bid from Gameshowfan9001.

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return! (PG5)
« Reply #106 on: September 17, 2019, 02:40:49 PM »
I'm gonna go with $777.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #107 on: September 17, 2019, 10:32:11 PM »
$895 please

Offline Archviler

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #108 on: September 18, 2019, 08:52:00 AM »
$999

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Joker's Wild ...and deadly.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #109 on: September 18, 2019, 10:47:54 AM »
Someone already did it once, so...

$5.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return! (PG6)
« Reply #110 on: September 18, 2019, 11:15:47 AM »
The bids are $777 from GameShowFan9001...

DING!

...$895 from 123123123...

DING!

...$999 from Archviler...

DING!

...and $5 from mechamind.

DING!

Well, it's not everyday that someone would bid $5 on a prize, but I think you may be on to something here. Now, before I reveal the price, I just want to say good luck to Archviler and 123123123, who were down in the Row when I came through the Big Doors, and still are now. Unfortunately, at least one of you will not make it up on stage because its the final One-Bid. Who's going to win? Time to find out. Actual...retail...price...is: $699! mechamind wins with that $5 bid!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(Walking 2007)

(cheers and applause)

Come on up here to the Turntable, mechamind, and we have a very special prize awaiting behind the Big Doors. George, what is it?

GEORGE: It's a new SUV! (Manuela models it in Door #3) (Truck/Van Cue) (cheers and applause) It's the 2019 Ford Escape S, featuring a 2.5-liter engine, 6-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive. This is the Ford Escape! (Manuela drives it out on stage, and to the front of Contestant's Row)

Follow me out front, where Manuela is with your new SUV! We're going to play the Card Game, and all you have to do is to be within a certain amount of the Ford Escape without going over. First, we're going to use this special deck that will determine how close you have to be. Give me a number from 1 to 7, so we can start the game.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #111 on: September 18, 2019, 01:24:59 PM »
I'll try something between the single digit bids. Give me a 3.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #112 on: September 18, 2019, 01:49:57 PM »
OK, your pick is 3, and we have...a $2,000 card!

DING!

So all you have to do is get within $2,000 of the actual retail price without going over, and you'll be driving it home today. Now we're going to play with this standard 52-card deck. You can cut the cards if you want to, then I'm going to spread them all out on the table here. Before we begin, let me tell you that all numbered cards are multiples of $100, so if you draw a 2, you'll add $200, and a 10 is worth $1,000. Face cards are worth $1,000, and aces are wild; you can either play them right away or save them for later. As always, we will start you off with a bid of $15,000.

You can either give one number at a time from 1 to 52 for each draw, or to save time, you can give me all 52 random numbers at once and your stopping bid; it's all up to you. Remember, you have to come within $2,000 of the actual retail price without going over.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #113 on: September 18, 2019, 03:17:14 PM »
I'll do quick and random. Stop at $19,800 or more, or stop immediately if I get an Ace. I'll decide a price later.
________

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #114 on: September 18, 2019, 03:32:56 PM »
Sure, that can be arranged. As soon as you PM me your random numbers, the game will proceed.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #115 on: September 18, 2019, 04:15:34 PM »
Sent. And to make my post public...

If I get an Ace, set the final bid to $20,700.
________

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #116 on: September 18, 2019, 07:49:23 PM »
And away we go with your first draw: 35, which is...the Ace of clubs! So what do you want to do?

If I get an Ace, set the final bid to $20,700.

So let's make your bid $20,700...

...and end it right there. After just one draw, you've picked up an Ace, and this just made history as the quickest Card Game playing ever. Let's put the winning range up there.

DING!

Now, if the SUV is anywhere between $20,700 and $22,700, it's yours. Show me the price of that Escape...NOW!!!

MRRRRRRRRP!/Losing Horns

Well, a couple more cards would've given you a chance, but alas, you stopped too soon. However, there's still the wheel, so you will get a shot at redemption there.

(applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

We'll have the second Showcase Showdown after this, and then the Showcase round will follow that. Stay right there!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return! (SCSD2)
« Reply #117 on: September 18, 2019, 08:00:03 PM »

Welcome back to The Price is Right! We've brought out the Big Wheel once again, and one of these three players will be in the Showcase round later on. If you get a dollar in one spin or a combination of two spins, you get $1,000 and a Bonus Spin, in which you would win $10,000 for 5 or 15, and $25,000 for the dollar, so you could win as much as $26,000 before you are through.

SPINNING ORDER:
mechamind ($699)
geniusinmath ($9,792)
JayC ($26,717)

First things first: I need each of you to give me three numbers between 1 and 20, and your minimum stopping score. Good luck to all three of you!

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #118 on: September 18, 2019, 09:55:21 PM »
Ah, darn it. Must be used to all the very small cars I've seen lately. :P

15 and 11, and 14 if necessary.

I'll stop on 70 cents.
________

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #119 on: September 18, 2019, 10:01:51 PM »
6 and 12, and 3 if necessary.

I'll stop on 75˘.