Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return! (THE END)  (Read 72138 times)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return! (PG6)
« Reply #120 on: September 18, 2019, 10:36:56 PM »
9, 15, and 3 if necessary. Stop only if I have the highest score.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return! (SCSD2)
« Reply #121 on: September 18, 2019, 11:29:37 PM »
Looks like we're ready to spin the wheel. mechamind, start us off!

(wheel beeps)

The second Showcase Showdown has its first spin on the way, and it's coming to a stop on...

...25 cents, and I know for sure you're going to spin again, right?

MECHAMIND: Yes, I'll go again.

(wheel beeps)

You just need 75 cents for the dollar and a Bonus Spin. As long as it's not more than that, you'll be fine. Oh, not 80! GET OFF THAT 80!!!

MRRRRRRRRP!

(audience groans)

Over by a nickel, that's got to hurt. Well, thanks for playing, and best wishes in your future endeavors. Now geniusinmath will spin.

(wheel beeps)

Around and around it goes, and I see in your future...

...about 60 cents. Now are you going to keep it or spin?

GENIUSINMATH: Spin again.

(wheel beeps)

And JayC, if he goes over, you are in the Showcase. Your most ideal spin right now would be 40 cents, and here it comes, HERE IT COMES...YOU GOT IT!!!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(Dig We Must 2007)

(cheers and applause)

It's $1,000 and a Bonus Spin coming up for geniusinmath! Right over there you go, and now it's time to see if JayC can match that score. Go ahead.

(wheel beeps)

You know that the only thing you can do right now is get a dollar. Now don't give up, because you'll have another spin to take.

You have 75 cents, now try for 25 cents.

(wheel beeps)

You need just 25 cents in this spin, no more, no less. And here it comes, will it make it? WILL IT MAKE IT??? NO!!!

MRRRRRRRRP!

(audience groans)

Sometimes the wheel can play dirty tricks on you, but you already won a lot of money in Hot Seat, and I hope you had lots of fun today.

(resets wheel to 5-cent space)

So this means, geniusinmath, that you will be in the Showcase at the end of the show. But first, you have to take this Bonus Spin. Remember, a green section is worth $10,000, and a dollar is worth $25,000. Think you can do it? Go for it!

(wheel beeps)

There goes the Bonus Spin for some extra money. However, I don't think you're going to get any more...

(Dig We Must 2007)

...but you will be in the Showcase round with $1,000 in your pocket, and you could win even more fabulous prizes. We'll be back after this.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return! (SHOWCASE)
« Reply #122 on: September 19, 2019, 12:11:40 AM »
(TPIR Theme 2007)

Here we are in the Showcase round, with geniusinmath as the top winner, and tpiradam as the runner-up. Each of you will have a Showcase of lovely prizes to bid on, and the one of you who is closer to the actual retail price without going over will win it. But if you are the winner, and you're $250 or less away from the retail price of your own Showcase, we will give you both Showcases! And geniusinmath, after you see the first Showcase, you can decide whether you want to bid on it or pass to tpiradam and wait for Showcase #2. Get ready, gentlemen, because here comes the first Showcase!

(Splendido)

GEORGE: This Showcase starts with a kitchen island. (Rachel models it in front of Door #1) (applause)

From the Home Depot comes this Hodedah kitchen island that's finished in fine polished oak, and includes a spice rack and towel holder. Next, prepare some meals in your kitchen with these new appliances! (Door #1 opens to reveal them) (applause)

From the Home Depot, this GE stainless steel appliance package includes a four-burner electric range, microwave oven, dishwasher and side-by-side refrigerator/freezer with ice dispenser. And you might want to serve your culinary creations in this dining room set! (James models it behind Door #2) (applause)

From the Ashley Companies, this dining room set includes a Charmond dining room table, a Charmond dining room buffet and china and six Veranda dining chairs. And set a lovelier table with this Noritake Holly & Berry Gold 40-piece dinnerware set, with service for eight people. And when the meal is over, gather the whole family around and play some beautiful music on this baby grand piano! (Manuela models it behind Door #3) (applause)

This Yamaha GB1K baby grand piano is a perfect addition to your home, with a bright ebony finish, gold accents and matching bench. So it's a kitchen island, a stainless steel appliance package, a dining room, and a baby grand piano, and it's all yours if the price is right!

So I need to know just one thing, geniusinmath: Are you going to bid on this Showcase, or pass it to tpiradam?

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return! (SHOWCASES)
« Reply #123 on: September 19, 2019, 06:17:21 AM »
I am going to pass.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #124 on: September 19, 2019, 09:42:03 AM »
So tpiradam, this is your Showcase; what is your bid on it?

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #125 on: September 19, 2019, 06:29:49 PM »
$24,325

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #126 on: September 19, 2019, 06:56:08 PM »
And your bid is $24,325.

DING!

Now geniusinmath, this is your Showcase!

(The Big Banana, full cue)

GEORGE: This Showcase celebrates the return of Host Your Own on Golden-Road.net. And it all starts with a catamaran! (Devin models it in a bathing suit behind Door #2) (applause)

From boats.com, this Hobie Cat Wave Classic includes a single trampoline, and is easy to set up. Next, we're sending you to a place where you can play all day and party all night: exciting Miami! (Manuela models it on plasma screen behind audience) (cheers and applause)

You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Miami, Florida, for a six-night stay at the Sheraton in Downtown Miami. Close to all the major shops and attractions, including legendary South Beach. Daily breakfast is included. Finally, if you thought that got you excited, then you ain't seen nothing yet, because we want you to take a look at your brand-new car! (Rachel models it behind Door #3) (cheers and applause)

It's the 2019 Mini Cooper Convertible, featuring a 1.5-liter turbocharged engine, six-speed manual transmission, front-wheel drive and custom racing stripes. So it's a catamaran, a trip to Miami, and a new convertible. You can call it the ultimate comeback, but only if the price is right!

Well geniusinmath, here's your chance to win a car! Give me a bid on that.

Offline geniusinmath

« Reply #127 on: September 19, 2019, 07:00:42 PM »
Oh wow! I always wanted a convertible. I will bid $25,624.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #128 on: September 19, 2019, 07:05:03 PM »
So $25,624 is your bid.

DING!

(applause)

(TPIR Theme 2007)

Now the question is: Who's going to win their Showcase, geniusinmath or tpiradam? We'll have the answer after this.

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #129 on: September 19, 2019, 08:04:25 PM »
I smell a major garf on the Cooper showcase...

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 26/The Return! (THE END)
« Reply #130 on: September 19, 2019, 08:08:15 PM »
(TPIR Theme 2007)

Welcome back to The Price is Right, and hopefully we'll have a winner in our first episode back. Let's start with tpiradam, who bid $24,325. Actual retail price: $27,670, for a difference of...

DING!

...$3,345. (applause) Now over to geniusinmath we go. You bid $25,624 on your Showcase, and the actual retail price is: $43,916, for a difference of...

DING!

...$18,292. tpiradam is the winner!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(TPIR Theme 2007)

(cheers and applause)

tpiradam has won $33,867 on our first show back after a long hiatus, and what a great feeling it is. Now, before I sign off, I want to send a special get-well wish to Amber Lancaster, who is recovering from complications due to the birth of her son that almost took her life. Hang in there, Amber, and here at The Price is Right, we want you back. And I also want to remind you to help control the pet population, and have your pets spayed or neutered, because it's the right thing to do. We'll see you next time, and thanks for watching. Goodbye, everybody!

(end credits roll)

GEORGE: This is George Gray speaking for The Price is Right, a Fremantle production!

Here's the final tally for this episode:

tpiradam ($33,867)
JayC ($26,717)
geniusinmath ($10,792)
wpghi5 ($1,099)
mechamind ($699)
tpir04 ($650)

The three newest pricing games in the rotation (Vend-O-Price, Hot Seat, Gridlock!) made their HYO debuts here. Also, all of the other three games were played for the second time, with only Check Game seeing the opposite result from its initial playing (a loss in Episode 9). Card Game was also lost in Episode 11, and Clock Game was also won in Episode 14.

In preparation for the return, I created a new set and graphics over the summer, because I didn't want to host again without a full suite of them. As before, I will play retired games in addition to the active ones, as well as my own creations, which I will also do graphics for eventually, but I will no longer play the fan-created ones that were on BigJon's PC game, considering that he apparently plagiarized those ideas (and also, how he antagonized cu2010, Prizes and the other moderators on this site). Let me know what you think of the new graphics; I would really appreciate the feedback.

In future episodes, I will do episodes based on Big Money Week and Dream Car Week, as well as April Fool's Day and maybe a throwback show using the lineup from a Barker-/Carey-hosted episode. However, the first two shows will be renamed Big Money Special and Dream Car Special, respectively, with all six games offering cash prizes in the first example and more-expensive cars in the other.

I was going to use all five models for this episode, but given Amber's pregnancy issues, I decided to leave her out. However, this was Devin's first episode, so there you have it.

And finally, here are the TPG results:

Archviler - Grocery Game/Dice Game/10 Chances/Cover Up/Joker/Spelling Bee
geniusinmath - Add Em Up/Joker/It's Optional/Punch-a-bunch/Do The Math/1/2 Off
mechamind - Triple Play/Gridlock!/Any Number/Grocery Game/Bonus Game/Lucky $even
PatrickRox80 - 3 Strikes/Do the Math/Give or Keep/Safe Crackers/Line em Up/Grocery Game
Hag - Triple Play/Do The Math/Bullseye/The Phone Home Game/Rat Race/Side By Side
JayC - Lucky Seven/Punch a Bunch/Clearance Sale/Balance Game 06/Pick a Pair/Dice Game
wpghi5 - One Right Price/Let Em Roll/Penny Ante/Now... or Then/Give Or Keep/Any Number
123123123 - Make Your Move/More or Less/Most Expen$ive/Now...or Then/1 Right Price/Pathfinder
tpir04 - Punch-a-Bunch/Most Expensive/Money Game/Joker/Bullseye '72/Bullseye '76
GameShowFan9001 - Any Number/Balance Game '06/Check Game/Do the Math/Freeze Frame/Gridlock!
tpiradam - Credit Card/One Away/Super Saver/2 for the Price of 1/Pathfinder/Make Your Move

The winner is GameShowFan9001! Because he got two games right, he will get a First Four pass if he signs up for Episode 27.

The floor is now open for your comments.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2019, 08:11:11 PM by Teddy »

Offline geniusinmath

« Reply #131 on: September 19, 2019, 08:16:26 PM »
At least I did my very first pricing game ever. Great job tpiradam.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Joker's Wild ...and deadly.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #132 on: September 19, 2019, 08:42:01 PM »
Fun times, even though we couldn't get those cars. It was an honor to play!
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #133 on: September 19, 2019, 08:57:27 PM »
That was a great show Teddy thank you for having me!

Offline Archviler

« Reply #134 on: September 19, 2019, 09:01:50 PM »
Great show, thanks for the effort, Teddy. I liked it. Shame I didn't make it onto stage, I haven't gotten to watch TPIR the last year or two due to life circumstances and it shows.