Author Topic: Could a new dvd collection of price is right episodes hit soon?  (Read 14402 times)

Offline Zoob2223

• Outside in Line
Could a new dvd collection of price is right episodes hit soon?
« on: September 10, 2019, 10:25:37 PM »
I think fremantle could release a DVD and/or blu ray compilation soom which could include the long awaited bob barker episodes where fur coats are presented. I sent in my 50 blu ray disc proposal with 300-400 episodes including pricing game debuts and season premieres and other memorable episodes. I think frenantle could announce it soon but you all have to show your support for it.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Could a new dvd collection of price is right episodes hit soon?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2019, 10:31:52 PM »
Yeah....you'll be waiting a while.....for furs especially seeing as Buzzr had the debut opening w/fur one bid prize up and then truncated it to just the opening soon after. It's sad honestly, but the reality. Likely won't ever see them till Barker passes, if even then. And don't expect any others beyond that either unless you know something I don't, which is doubtful.

Offline ThomHuge

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2019, 10:33:58 PM »
Yeah....you'll be waiting a while.....for furs especially seeing as Buzzr had the debut opening w/fur one bid prize up and then truncated it to just the opening soon after. It's sad honestly, but the reality. Likely won't ever see them till Barker passes, if even then. And don't expect any others beyond that either unless you know something I don't, which is doubtful.

I can't believe I actually have to say this...

...but don't feed the troll. This thread will probably either get locked or made to disappear as soon as Steve sees it.

Offline Zoob2223

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2019, 10:38:04 PM »
I can't believe I actually have to say this...

...but don't feed the troll. This thread will probably either get locked or made to disappear as soon as Steve sees it.

You see, this is the negativity that this board emphasizes. All I did was just submit a proposal. How is that trolling?

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2019, 10:43:30 PM »
I see a lock coming on; as for the possibility of seeing Barker's episodes after his death, my thinking is that his estate will honor the ban and not allow those fur coat episodes to ever be seen again, given his longstanding support of animal rights. After all, GSN never aired them when it had the rights to TPIR, so there most likely won't be a reason to believe that Buzzr will show them either. Long story short, the only way you can see furs on the show again would be if you or a friend has tapes of the show or has uploaded the to YouTube. While I do support the possibility of having more Barker episodes on DVD (aside from the Best of TPIR set that was released in 2008), this is clearly wishful thinking.

Offline Zoob2223

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2019, 10:45:43 PM »
I see a lock coming on; as for the possibility of seeing Barker's episodes after his death, my thinking is that his estate will honor the ban and not allow those fur coat episodes to ever be seen again, given his longstanding support of animal rights. After all, GSN never aired them when it had the rights to TPIR, so there most likely won't be a reason to believe that Buzzr will show them either. Long story short, the only way you can see furs on the show again would be if you or a friend has tapes of the show or has uploaded the to YouTube. While I do support the possibility of having more Barker episodes on DVD (aside from the Best of TPIR set that was released in 2008), this is clearly wishful thinking.

There are still many without furs that are stored away.

Offline EvilChameleon

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2019, 11:57:18 PM »
Jay Williams, is that you? Talking about submitting proposals and all that.

Offline Chelsea

• Executive Producer
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2019, 11:59:32 PM »
Fun fact: Furs aren't the only barrier to Price reruns airing on a network or being released to DVD.  The show uses a LOT of licensed music starting from around 1975 carrying through the late 1980s.  All of those uses would have to either be paid for or else screened out. 

Same goes with furs.  Bob is adamant, do not air those.  Fine.  Well, which episodes have furs?  So you basically have to screen every show through 1982-ish for that, too. (Fun fact:  Screening and taking a "fur ban" very literally is why leather made it through sometimes.  Because even though the intent was to not show that, either, leather isn't fur, and some screeners likely took the no fur thing very literally)

Screening is a time consuming chore, especially if you don't have notes.

DVD as a whole is a failing market, and you're not likely to see niche releases the way you would have ten years ago.  If vintage Price shows up anywhere (besides Buzzr), something similar to their deal with Amazon is most likely and even that's a longshot. 

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2019, 12:10:49 AM »
I think fremantle Fremantle could release a DVD and/or blu rayBlu-ray compilation soom soon which that could include the long(insert hyphen here)awaited bob barker Bob Barker episodes where fur coats are presented. I sent in my 50(insert hyphen here)blu rayBlu-ray(insert hyphen here)disc proposal with 300-400 episodes (insert comma here) including pricing game debuts and (insert comma here) season premieres and other memorable episodes. I think frenantle Fremantle could announce it soon (insert comma here) but you all have to show your support for it.

I tell you what: if this Blu-ray compilation becomes a reality, I will unlock this thread.  Otherwise, this is all meaningless jabber about something that has a <.01% chance of happening.

Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker