Author Topic: Meredith Vieira's 25 Words or Less -- Episode 9/16  (Read 1302 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Meredith Vieira's 25 Words or Less -- Episode 9/16
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 05:45:40 PM »
Well, IIRC, the trailing team gets to select first from the first set of words, with the right to go first alternating thereafter. Therefore, because there are five sets of words, the trailing team gets to pick first three times, and the leading team twice. This tends to balance things out...provided that the contestants are smart enough to strategize their selections.

I wonder if they'd force certain selections....if it came down to where the last one would mean a loss automatically potentially even before they played. Not sure they could do that though but I would wonder.

Offline thatvhstapeguy

• In the Audience
  • Deinterlace everything!
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2019, 05:59:52 PM »
I've been catching the series from time to time, and two stations in my area air it. I enjoy it, although it sometimes seems to be a bit cheap (I can't tell you how many GSN series I've watched with a $10,000 top prize). The theme music isn't great, but that's OK because they only play it for a max of like 30 seconds or something.

The single most irritating thing about this show is the timer in the maingame. It took me a while to figure out that the timer stops at 45 seconds as opposed to going all the way around for 60. It'd be nice if they put the clock on the screen too, and with actual digits.
(I know, I'm really nitpicky.)
Only recently did it finally click that my hazy memory of a post-Showcase Big Wheel spin came from an MDS.

Offline pricefan18

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2019, 06:03:06 PM »
I've been catching the series from time to time, and two stations in my area air it. I enjoy it, although it sometimes seems to be a bit cheap (I can't tell you how many GSN series I've watched with a $10,000 top prize). The theme music isn't great, but that's OK because they only play it for a max of like 30 seconds or something.

The single most irritating thing about this show is the timer in the maingame. It took me a while to figure out that the timer stops at 45 seconds as opposed to going all the way around for 60. It'd be nice if they put the clock on the screen too, and with actual digits.
(I know, I'm really nitpicky.)

I was surprised they didn't either.....kinda a throwback to beat the clock I suppose but still yeah not wild about it. This is also a show that could probably benefit from returning champs at $10,000 a show...but that's just me.