Author Topic: PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1973 - END)  (Read 38577 times)

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1973 - END)
« on: September 19, 2019, 12:59:53 PM »
It's back!  :biggrin:

1973 will be another half hour show. Thank you to all who participated last time, I'm looking forward to doing this again!

I have modified my ground rules due to a couple of incidents on last show. Here they are:

• I will PM you if you've been chosen to "Come on down!" I will also send you a PM if you've made it to the Showcase.
  • All deadlines are 24 hours.
  • Miss a deadline during the One Bid, and it's an automatic pass. Miss a second One Bid, and you'll be ejected with another contestant called down to replace you.
  • Miss a deadline during a pricing game and it's an automatic loss.
  • Miss during the Showcases and you'll lose your chance to bid. The next highest winner will take your place.
  • If timing is an issue for you, send me a PM and we'll work things out.
  • All instances of cheating will be treated as a missed deadline. If you are caught cheating a second time, you will be blacklisted from participating in my shows.
  • Audience participation is encouraged.
  • Have fun!

Here is the interview qualifier this time around:

Your first year as a page on The Price is Right is going great. So great, in fact, that you've attracted Mark Goodson and Bill Todman. They want to promote you to a writer! They've thrown a curveball at you to get your feet wet. Match Game '73 has been picking up steam in the ratings so they want to do a little cross-promotion. Your task? Come up with some fill-in-the-blank Match Game questions themed around The Price is Right. Of course, they have to be suitable for a daytime audience.

This episode will start no-later than Sunday, September 22 at 7:00 PM EDT. Sign-ups will end 72 hours after this post unless I don't have at least seven people in the audience pool.

Who's in?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 01:00:05 PM by therealcu2010 »

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1973 - Sign-Ups)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2019, 04:31:56 PM »
1973, huh?

The CBS exec said, “Unlike some shows, the Price is Right would never rely on gimmicks like a big spinning wheel to draw eyeballs. During sweeps week, we’ll just have contestants bid on a lifetime supply of _____.”

Good thing Richard Dawson is on Match Game, cause he could NEVER make it on a different game show. He and his friends once attended a Price is Right taping, and they gave awful advice. The contestant playing Lucky Seven said, “I shouldn’t have listened to Hogan’s ______.”

“Dumb Dora was soooo dumb...” (How dumb was she?) “...when she was playing Double Digits and the host if she understood the game, she drew a _____.”
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 04:56:34 PM »
"Dumb Donald is so dumb..." (How dumb is he?) "...When he was playing Lucky 7 he thought it was 7 ______."

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 06:37:20 PM »
I'll bite.

"Say, did you hear that The Price is Right thinks cars are getting too expensive? Lemme tell ya. From now on, instead of cars, every episode will offer at least one ________."

"Dumb Dora is sooooooo dumb, ("HOW DUMB WAS SHE???"), when Bob Barker asked her to bid on her Showcase, she didn't bid in dollars, she bid in __________!"
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2019, 04:02:15 PM »
I'm in!

"Dumb Dora is soooo dumb, when she was on The Price is Right and played the game Any Number, she gave Bob her ______!"

"That game Bullseye on The Price is Right was so hard, whenever a contestant played it the audience ______ed for them!"

"It must be difficult for Johnny Olsen to announce both Match Game and The Price is Right. At yesterday's Price is Right taping, rather than Come on Down! he accidently told contestants to _______!"

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2019, 09:33:16 AM »
Going to extend sign-ups because I only have four in the audience. The show will start 7:00 PM EDT tomorrow at the earliest.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 11:42:27 AM »
I'll join the fray.

Man, those crowds for Price is Right tapings can be something else. Figures that right before they go in the studio, they start blasting ____ on the stereos.

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 11:53:32 AM »
"Man, Price Is Right has been getting a lot more gimmicky lately.  They had this weird gimmick special the other day that was dedicated to _______."

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 12:00:44 PM »
I'll play!

"Dumb Donald is soooooo dumb... when he played Range Game he thought he was actually playing for a _______."

Yes, that was an easy Round 2 question!
1,729 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 08:19:58 PM »
Sign-ups are now closed! We will kick this episode off in a few hours.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1973 - IUFB #1)
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 11:44:21 PM »
*1972 intro*

George Gray: A fortune in fabulous prizes may go to these people today if they know when The Price is Right!

gamesurf, come on down!

JayC, come on down!

PlinkoMan, come on down!

And tpir04, come on down!

You are the first contestants on The Price is Right!

*1972 Main Theme*

And now, here is the star of The New Price is Right, PatrickRox80!

*stands behind door number two as it opens, then jogs out on stage, accepts mic from Anitra and bows*

Me: Welcome to The Price is Right! That's right, with one episode already under our belt, we can no longer call ourselves new. We have another episode lined up with lots of prizes to give away, and we're going to have a lot of fun doing it. This will start with the first item up for bids. Tell us about it, George!

George: It's some fun baseball equipment!

Get into the national past time with this Heater Deuce 95 pitching machine which can launch baseballs at speeds of up to 95 miles an hour with strike zone accuracy. Plus...

Hit one out of the park with this Louisville Slugger Prime 919 bat, weighting in at 30 ounces and measuring at the official Major League length of 33 inches. Also, improve your defense with this Rawlings baseball glove and twelve officially sized Rawlings baseballs.

And we will present all that equipment to the one of you four who bids nearest to the actual retail price without going over.

The first bid of 1973 belongs to gamesurf. What do you bid?
« Last Edit: September 23, 2019, 11:49:46 PM by PatrickRox80 »

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2019, 12:37:09 AM »
Twelve baseballs, you say?

$512 dollary-doos.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2019, 07:54:30 AM »
Five-twelve says gamesurf.

JayC, you're up next.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2019, 10:16:48 PM »
$730 please Patrick.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2019, 10:28:35 PM »
$730...

*ding*

PlinkoMan?