Author Topic: Side-By-Side refresh [SPOILERS]  (Read 20257 times)

Offline bonkers77

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: Side-By-Side refresh [SPOILERS]
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2019, 03:19:19 AM »
horrible, with useless elements.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2019, 03:34:32 AM »
They have done some great work on some of the recent refurbishments such as 3 Strikes and Bullseye.  Not so much for Side by Side.   It now looks really tacky and boring in my opinion.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2019, 04:00:02 AM »
They have done some great work on some of the recent refurbishments such as 3 Strikes and Bullseye.  Not so much for Side by Side.   It now looks really tacky and boring in my opinion.

I wouldn't call it boring.....more overdone. It's too busy.

Offline Joe

• In the Audience
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2019, 10:25:56 AM »
Perhaps if we're lucky they saved the old prop.  Maybe if someone who works at CBS is reading this they could "accidentally" burn it, take a chainsaw to it, etc.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2019, 10:40:40 AM »
Perhaps if we're lucky they saved the old prop.  Maybe if someone who works at CBS is reading this they could "accidentally" burn it, take a chainsaw to it, etc.

Oh spare us the drama. It's a game set. No one needs to burn anything because you don't like it.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline Drew72

• 5/2/2003
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • TPIR Alumnus
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2019, 10:46:47 AM »
It looks like they swiped it from the 1966 Password set.  Would fit in very well there!  It was a little jarring seeing it at first but it has a fun retro feel to it.  I agree that the "Sorry" graphic is missed.
Contestant - May 2, 2003 and played One Right Price - Won trips to Montreal and Mazatlan!

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2019, 11:01:08 AM »
Perhaps if we're lucky they saved the old prop.

They probably recycled parts of the old one into the new one.

It's not overloaded with unnecessary electronics. That's a plus.

"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline bagels

• Outside in Line
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2019, 11:28:55 AM »
Dear God, that's an eyesore.

Yeeeeeah, I don't like it either. That just looks bad, not gonna lie. The lack of "Sorry" after a loss makes it worse. I already miss the ice block design. I loved that look. I wish they would go back to that.

Offline Josh444

• TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2019, 11:44:16 AM »
It was such a dramatic change at first, that I didn't know what to think. I actually don't mind the design, I kind of like the retro look and "Howard Johnson" logo.

I think the staging doesn't help, maybe just go back to playing it by the doors (or perhaps on the Turntable?).

SBS isn't the only game to have received a larger prop, there is one more to come.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2019, 12:00:40 PM »
It looks like the color scheme was chosen to complement/match door 1. I'd want to see the game in its usual place before reaching my final opinion.

Is there any other part of the TPIR set or any other prop that's designed to evoke the 1950s?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2019, 12:02:35 PM »
SBS isn't the only game to have received a larger prop, there is one more to come.

All I can think of is Double Prices getting a set similar in size to Shower Game.   :-D
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2019, 12:13:55 PM »
Looks fine. It can do without the star though. And I’ll surely miss the “Sorry” graphic from the old set.
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline Joe

• In the Audience
« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2019, 12:58:00 PM »
Oh spare us the drama. It's a game set. No one needs to burn anything because you don't like it.

I suppose you're right.  Probably my last post was a bit ambiguous anyhow.  Just for clarification, it's the new prop I don't like and I wouldn't be disappointed if they just got rid of it, whether doing so involves burning or not.  I find it very tacky looking.

Offline Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2019, 05:09:11 PM »
The old set was one of my favorite pricing game sets on the whole show. Hell, the main draw for the game is how amazing it looked! It wasn't exactly the greatest game on the show, but by God, did it look fantastic!

Way to suck all the life out of the game. This may just be my least favorite pricing game set change in the show's history.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2019, 05:19:34 PM »
I'm sorry, but the pastels are old. They are fading. I thought it looked terrible in HD. While the new set could use some minor work atop, I like it better than the new one.

2 for 1 also needs the same treatment
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]