Author Topic: Possible Pre-emption alert 9/26  (Read 6837 times)

Offline MrZone

• 10/24/01
  • TPiR Alumnus
Possible Pre-emption alert 9/26
« on: September 26, 2019, 08:32:32 AM »
I think most of us knew this was bound to happen after Tuesday’s announcement, and this may be the 1st of many this season.

Sorry to link politics in here, but you already know sources are needed for this one.

?s=21
« Last Edit: September 26, 2019, 08:36:55 AM by MrZone »

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: Possible Pre-emption alert 9/26
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 09:25:36 AM »
For heaven's sakes, can't they just drop it already? Trump won, fair and square. Get over it, people.

That is the last you will hear from me on the matter.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline MrZone

• 10/24/01
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 09:27:42 AM »
For heaven's sakes, can't they just drop it already? Trump won, fair and square. Get over it, people.

And this is why I really didn’t want to post this. If you want to talk politics, take it elsewhere...not here.

Offline ssetta

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 10:59:28 AM »
Do you think it will be made up? Or posted on CBS.com?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 11:14:21 AM »
^If it's wiped out on the West Coast also, then I'd expect that it would need to be made up, and we wouldn't see it on CBS.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline bagels

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 11:26:59 AM »
Screw this political BS. Honestly, outside of these morons politicians, does ANYONE actually care about this crap? I was really looking forward to this episode, but now I won't be able to watch it. My computer sucks and isn't able to watch the episode on CBS's website, so that option is out of the picture.

Seriously, this sucks. Buzz off, stupid politicians. Quit interrupting this awesome show.

Offline MrZone

• 10/24/01
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 11:42:54 AM »
Screw this political BS. Honestly, outside of these morons politicians, does ANYONE actually care about this crap? I was really looking forward to this episode, but now I won't be able to watch it. My computer sucks and isn't able to watch the episode on CBS's website, so that option is out of the picture.

Seriously, this sucks. Buzz off, stupid politicians. Quit interrupting this awesome show.

I suspect more than half the country would have some interest.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 12:21:26 PM »
A great deal of the country has interest and should have interest because, regardless of one’s leanings, it is of great consequence.

Offline Gameshowgenius26

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 12:24:14 PM »
Well, at least it's finally over. Whether or not the episode will be available online later I do not know.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 12:29:56 PM »

A lot of people do, and should. I guarantee you more care about it than "this awesome show"... especially when "awesome" is subjective.

Since you care too much, take 60 days to get your priorities in order. I beg you.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2019, 02:44:03 PM »

This has nothing to do with the 2016 election.  It has to do with Trump asking a foreign government to help him smear one of his opponents in the 2020 campaign.

Oh, good.  I hate having to explain to people why they're wrong twice.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline SuperMatch93

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2019, 02:44:50 PM »
Since you care too much, take 60 days to get your priorities in order. I beg you.

Doing God's work.

I use to not be able to stand preemptions that were of international significance, but then I turned 16.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2019, 02:57:51 PM »
Well, at least it's finally over. Whether or not the episode will be available online later I do not know.
It will not be. After the preemption ended an episode from February of 2018 was rerun in its place on the West Coast. What they will do to make up for it, I don't know.

This could be the beginning of a very long and arduous process that could cause many preemptions. While I don't think it'll be on the level of Watergate because of the advent of streaming things online now. This could certainly be as bad as some Bush era swaths of preemptions. Hunker down.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2019, 03:11:47 PM »
Absolutely. If  the process reaches impeachment hearings stage, you’re looking at multiple weeks of large chunks of the day being news coverage. It’s just the nature of the business.

Ditto if the Senate takes up a trial. Some reports say the majority leader has said he won’t conduct a trial if it comes to that, but I’ve seen conflicting analysis of whether his agenda setting power extends that far.

Regardless, this is just the reality of where things stand at the moment.

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2019, 03:24:23 PM »
I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t care (or know) about politics and I hate preemptions to The Price is Right, but this seems pretty important and could have long-lasting ramifications.