Author Topic: tpiradam's Price is Right - Weird Edition (1/2hr) - THE END!  (Read 32402 times)

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Re: tpiradam's Price is Right - Weird Edition (1/2hr) - SIGNUPS
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2019, 01:39:58 PM »
Are all our bids going to end in 3 repeating digits? If so, then instead of $1, I'll bid $0,111 Adam!
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
Re: tpiradam's Price is Right - Weird Edition (1/2hr) - PG#1
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2019, 08:16:11 PM »
Plinkoman: $2,222
GameShowFan9001: $1,555
gamesurf: $1,888
TPIRfan#9821: $0,111

The actual retail price is...$1,125! TPIRfan that's you! Come up here on stage! Let me tell you we are surrounded by prizes! Have a look!

*MGHS cue*

Announcer: In door #1 a new chandelier!

In door #2 a new vending machine!

And in door #3 a new truck jeep!

First we have from artist Kevin Champeny this playful Jellio 'Candelier' hanging lamp! Designed with the use of thousands of gummi bears with a simple lightbulb placed in the middle for ultra illumination and flavour!

Second a vending machine! The Crane Merchant Media 6 Combo Refrigerated Vending Machine has the capacity to store all of you favourite snacks refrigerated or not!

And finally a new Jeep! Presenting the Jeep Gladiator! Part Jeep, part pickup truck! Comes with standard equipment, smoker's package and automatic transmission!

This wouldn't be called a weird Price is Right without one of the weirdest games: Telephone Game!

I see the art department went all out on that. Anyhoo involved in this game we also have some grocery products. Please tell us about them if you will:

Announcer: First up it's a package of Trader Joe's Black Bean & Cheese Taquitos

Next is a Large Hass Avocado

Then we have a box of Lipton Recipe Secrets Onion Soup Mix

And finally a 2L Bottle of Diet Pepsi!

Here is $5. I want you to purchase two of these items and if you have at least a quarter in change remaining we will move on to the next portion of the game. Which two will you purchase?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2019, 03:06:04 PM »
I’m torn between the soup mix and the one avocado. I think I’ll go the Pepsi and avocado.

"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2019, 04:55:18 PM »
Ok. The Pepsi price is:

$2.29

*ding*

$2.29. So far so good. How much for the avocado?

$2.90

*bzzzzzzzzzz* *losing horns*

$2.90! That totals $5.19! And sadly that's the end of the game. Not only do you not have enough change to make a call but you owe us 19 cents. But hey, have an avocado.

We're going to try to get ourselves a winner after these messages!

Taquitos: $3.99
Soup Mix: $2.29
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 04:57:25 PM by tpiradam »

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: tpiradam's Price is Right - Weird Edition (1/2hr) - IUFB#2
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2019, 05:03:19 PM »
Let's find ourselves our next contestant!

Announcer: And it will be...JayC! Come on down! You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

Ohh JayC you have no idea what you've gotten yourself into. Let's look at that next item up for bids!

Announcer: It's a children's arcade cabinet!

From Guangzhou Technology Co. Ltd. and Ruize Technology this exciting Japan Arcade Cabinet 2-Player Swing Car for Kids lights up and creates a vibrating motion in tune with the arcade game providing for hours of fun and stimulation! Electrical plug adapter not included.

JayC what do you say?

JayC
Plinkoman
GameShowFan9001
gamesurf

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2019, 06:09:45 PM »
I honestly thought the avocado was a trap, but then I thought, "Eh, it can't be." So quite frankly I would've done the exact same thing.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2019, 07:45:34 PM »
You know, I just made the mistake of realizing that these prices could be in Canadian and not USD. I figured that a 2-Liter bottle of soda was less than $2 in America, and there was no way an avocado was more than $3, but some soup mixes can be really expensive. But sure, I'll flip you a 25-cent piece for that avocado.  8-)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2019, 07:55:14 PM »
I will bid $755 on this nightmare inducing thing.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: tpiradam's Price is Right - Weird Edition (1/2hr) - IUFB #2
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2019, 09:40:03 PM »
You know, $2.90 for a single avocado seemed awfully excessive to me... but I just checked Adam's source and, yeah, it's legit. Of course, he had to get his groceries from probably the most expensive store ever. :lol:
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2019, 10:14:53 PM »
I better be able to make a week's worth of guacamole for that price.  :D

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2019, 11:13:32 PM »
$1,111
1,672 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2019, 02:20:08 AM »
I'm gonna say $1,666...

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2019, 02:53:10 AM »
1691$

Oops, wrote it upside-down. My mistake.

$1691
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: tpiradam's Price is Right - Weird Edition (1/2hr) - PG#2
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2019, 08:37:45 AM »
JayC: $755
Plinkoman: $1,111
GameShowFan9001: $1,666
gamesurf: $$1,691

The actual retail price is: $2,950! gamesurf that’s you! Come on up here on stage!

We’re going to be playing Gallery Game. One of my personal favourites. And this is the prize you’ll be playing for!:...

Announcer: some unique artwork!

Presenting this classic one of a kind original artwork entitled ‘Magical Mystery Wizard’ by artist Ari Roussimoff. This surrealist fantasy original oil painting is sure to be the focal point of any room whether it’s the dining hall or above your bed!

That painting is so...unique...that we’ve issued a painting of that painting here. It’s so complete it even includes the price. But one number is partially missing. Take this bic ballpoint pen and fill in that missing digit with what you think it is.

*night on bald mountain begins playing*

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2019, 09:21:37 AM »
The only real possibilities are 0, 3, 8 and 9, and based on the proportions of the other numbers, I'd rule out the 0 and 3. Personally, I'd scribble an 8.