Author Topic: tpiradam's Price is Right - Weird Edition (1/2hr) - THE END!  (Read 32083 times)

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
Re: tpiradam's Price is Right - Weird Edition (1/2hr) - THE END!
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2019, 11:28:28 PM »
I have to say I had a lot of fun doing this: hosting as well as coming up with the script. It was challenging! For a half hour show I had pricing game scripts redone multiple times. Mystery Price and Professor Price nearly made the cut. Finding the prizes was difficult. I made about four Showcases with the leftover items from Mystery Price and not to mention how challenging it was to look for weird prizes. Thanks to the following for their prizes:

Midwest Tropical
Ali Baba
Home Depot
Jeep
Costco
Jellio
Trader Joe's
Safeway (had no idea it was an expensive grocery store I literally typed in American grocery store in Google)
Etsy
Intrepid Travel
eBay
Walmart
LCBO
Amazon
Bed Bath & Beyond
X-Pole
Gardeners Supply Co.
POP Yachts Sarasota, FL
Life Supply
The Teardrop Trailer
Buick

Looking back there were some things I'd make sure for next time. I've only seen one playing of Telephone Game and looked up two in total so I was foggy on how to go about the grocery products. I'd probably make sure there was a second combination that would work.

This was a lot of fun and I may do it again down the line but I think instead of going back to hour shows for now I'll keep it 1/2hr until participation picks up. My next plan is to do a 1972 show with prizes from that actual time. Stay tuned!

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Joker's Wild ...and deadly.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: tpiradam's Price is Right - Weird Edition (1/2hr) - Showcases
« Reply #61 on: October 12, 2019, 12:23:34 AM »
You know, I'm curious now, as it looks like the suppliers are sorted in order (when their first product appears). If that's the order, I've been to Bed Bath & Beyond a few times, but I didn't think they would sell urinals in store. I thought most places that need one would search somewhere more industrial, and I don't know anyone who has a urinal in their house.

But enough of that. This was definitely a weird show. I can't wait to see more.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #62 on: October 12, 2019, 12:30:37 AM »
Wait, the dice roll actually caused a decent bid & an exciting finish? No way!

Great show Adam, there were surprises around every corner and I never knew what to expect. Well done! Looking forward to the next one!
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #63 on: October 12, 2019, 12:50:22 AM »
You know, I'm curious now, as it looks like the suppliers are sorted in order (when their first product appears). If that's the order, I've been to Bed Bath & Beyond a few times, but I didn't think they would sell urinals in store. I thought most places that need one would search somewhere more industrial, and I don't know anyone who has a urinal in their house.

But enough of that. This was definitely a weird show. I can't wait to see more.

Thanks! The shower curtain was from Bed Bath and Beyond, the staircase, tree and urinal were from Home Depot I just didn't want to list it three times. All prices with the exception of the wine (liquor control board of Ontario) were American. Also here's the breakdown of each Showcase:

SC1: Ultimate Party ($23,104)
1) American Standard Washbrook FloWise Top Spud 0.125gpf Urinal ($235 per Home Depot)
2) X-Stage Lite Pole Dancing Pole ($920 per X-Pole)
3) Plant-a-Bar ($699 per Gardeners Supply Co.)
4) 1973 Stardust 11x54 Houseboat ($21,250 per POP Yachts Sarasota FL)

SC2: On the Move ($30,233)
1) eWheels EW-36 S Elite 3-Wheel 350lbs. Wt. Capacity Scooter with Electromagnetic Brakes High Speed of 15mph- Silver ($3,148 per Life Supply)
2) The Silver Bullet Teardrop Trailer ($5,750 per The Teardrop Trailer)
3) 2019 Buick Encore FWD Preferred (std, Accessory Carrier Hitch) ($21,335 per Buick)