Author Topic: tpiradam's Price is Right - Weird Edition (1/2hr) - THE END!  (Read 32266 times)

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
Re: tpiradam's Price is Right - Weird Edition (1/2hr) - PG #3
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2019, 09:56:55 AM »
He’s going with the wine which judging by the audience was a smart move either way you look at it. How much for that DVD?

$10

Only $10. Move that ribbon up ten more spots. Let’s take a look at that last pair of prizes:

Announcer: this adorable ornamental Brite Star Battery Operated Blue LED micro mini Twig Artificial Christmas Tree. For adding a touch of class to any room for the holidays or if you’re in the mood to feel like a shinier Charlie Brown!

Then we have this fashionable 510 Deisgn Donnel Embroidered Shower Curtain. Goes well with any bathroom decor and it’s solid design helps keep peeping toms at bay!

Alright what will it be? The tree or shower curtain?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2019, 12:21:33 PM »
*peanut*
Choose the tree!
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2019, 12:36:28 PM »
Before I choose, just how "micro mini" is the tree? Does the website specify any sort of dimensions/size?

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2019, 12:52:45 PM »
My apologies. The tree is 30” tall. Also the trip package is $10,495 if anyone was curious.

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2019, 08:34:53 AM »
The tree it is then.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2019, 10:15:26 AM »
The tree it is he says. How much for that shower curtain?...

How much I say?

The display is broken? You mean to tell me we’ve had a technical failure on this show? I guess I should mention this is the original finish line set refurbished for this show and it appears they skimped on some of the electronics. That curtain is $21. I’ll grab my starter pistol and *ping* off it goes!

Oh my there’s a little bit of sparks there. The VHS is $27 so far so good.

That doesn’t look good. Or smell good. The wine is $45.

*multiple dings*

The tree is $33! We have a winner! Congratulations and enjoy your trip to Antarctica! We will have our showcases as soon as we extinguish this mess!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: tpiradam's Price is Right - Weird Edition (1/2hr) - Showcases
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2019, 12:34:58 PM »

It is Showcase time on The Price is Right! Our top winner in today’s show is GameShowFan9001! And as our runner up today we have gamesurf! Each of you will have a Showcase filled with beautiful prizes to bid on. The one of you who is closest to the actual retail price of your Showcase without going over will win it. However if you should be so fortunate to be within $250 or less of the actual retail price of your Showcase we will give you both Showcases! Now GameShowFan9001 as the top winner you have the privilege of seeing the first Showcase and deciding if you want to bid on it or pass it to gamesurf and bid on the second Showcase. Let’s have a look at that first Showcase!

Announcer: your Showcase is all about the ultimate party and it starts with a convenient party implement, this urinal!

Go with the flow with this American Standard Washbrook FloWise Top Spud 0.125gpf Urinal. Easy at home installation for a unique bathroom experience!

Next, take your party to new heights with this exciting pole dancing pole!

For an optimal exercising experience that will make those thighs feel the burn this X-Stage Lite Pole Dancing Pole fits sturdily in any room and can be used for commercial or personal use!

Afterwards, take a rest at this new bar!

Introducing the Plant-a-Bar! Enjoy taking the edge off with a refreshing drink while taking in the sights and scents of this bar that doubles as an easily maintainable garden!

And finally why not pick the ultimate place for the ultimate party, such as this houseboat!

The 1973 Stardust 11x54 Houseboat has been completely refurbished and renovated from top to bottom. Be lulled to sleep by the gentle waves of the water or set sail around the world in comfort and shelter!

And this Showcase where we throw the ultimate party can be yours IF The Price is Right!

GameShowFan9001 that’s quite the Showcase! Bid or pass?

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2019, 10:22:30 PM »
All yours, gamesurf.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #53 on: October 11, 2019, 01:38:53 PM »
Alright gamesurf. That is your Showcase what do you bid on it?

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2019, 01:43:59 PM »
Uhhhh...

$21,241.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2019, 07:50:31 PM »

*ding*

$21,241 is his bid. GameShowFan9001, have a look at your Showcase!:

Announcer: Your Showcase is filled with prizes to keep you on the move and we will start with a prize that can take you almost anywhere, this new motorized scooter!

eWheels EW-36 S Elite 3-Wheel Scooter has a 350lbs. Wt. Capacity and features Electromagnetic Brakes, a High Speed of 15mph and brilliant Silver finish!

Next is a prize you can virtually move anywhere, this new travel trailer!

The Silver Bullet Teardrop Trailer features comfortable sleeping for two, a pop up kitchen with gas cooker and is compact enough to be towed by most vehicles!

And finally, how about something that can really take you anywhere. This new car/SUV!

The 2019 Buick Encore FWD Preferred! Comes with standard equipment plus accessory carrier hitch!

And this Showcase filled with prizes to keep you on the move can be yours IF The Price is Right!

GameShowFan9001 that looks like a fun Showcase! What do you bid?

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A recapper on fire!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2019, 09:03:51 PM »
For Showcase 1, I would argue that $21,241 is not his bid.  :P

And that second Showcase feels so normal. Maybe it's just random by randomness standards.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2019, 10:51:23 PM »
Hmmm...if I'm not mistaken, Encores start at something like $23,000 or $24,000, but I believe the Preferred is one of the higher trims, at something more like $25,000 or more.

As for the trailer, that doesn't really look all that expensive, but I don't really know trailer prices, and I certainly don't know motorized scooter prices.  For all I know, though, either one of them could be crazy expensive, but to hopefully avoid the risk of going over, I'm gonna go somewhat conservative and say $28,666.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2019, 11:12:11 PM »

*ding*

*I Love Lucy theme plays*

$28,666 from GameShowFan9001 and $21,241 from gamesurf. Both received positive response from the audience. Who will win their Showcase? We will find out right after this!

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2019, 11:21:38 PM »
gamesurf we will begin with you. Your bid is $21,241 on your Showcase. The actual retail price is...

$23,104! A difference of...

*ding*

$1,863! A very good bid! GameShowFan9001 you must be closer than that without going over in order to win your Showcase. Your bid is $28,666. GameShowFan9001, the actual, retail, price, of your Showcase IS...

$30,233! A difference of?!...

$1,567! You win! That was very close! Thank you gamesurf for being a part of this show.

GameShowFan9001 you have won a total of $41,914 in prizes today! Congratulations! This is tpiradam saying have a good night and hoping all your prices are right!