Author Topic: No Show, September 26, 2019  (Read 16592 times)

Online brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
Re: No Show, September 26, 2019
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2019, 04:58:00 PM »
I like the new logo, but the biggest improvements are in the grocery item closeups.

- Main prop is now smooth rather than textured and a nicer shade of green
- The item shelves have had several changes: gold trim that hides the screws, new shade of green for the lit backgrounds, price boxes are now dark green all the way around
- the light border for the overall prop seems clearer

Old:

New:

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 05:09:02 PM »
Is there a picture?
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline Trevor Tuominen

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2019, 07:41:28 PM »
Sorry to double post, but I just saw the episode. Grand Game looks better than the previous design. Anyway, I posted this because I can’t edit my previous post for some reason.
"Take your job seriously, but don't take yourself too seriously." - Alex Trebek, 1940-2020

Icon by Siahri!

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2019, 02:05:39 AM »
I enjoyed the changes to the Grand Game set. While I really like the new logo and new shade of green on the main set,  my favorite changes were to the grocery product holders. The boxes look better with the dark green extending around the world and the gold on the ends is a nice classy look. Well done.

Also, during the showcases there was a brief clip from the first ever showcase. The clip showed Paul and Connie standing at the original showcase podiums.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2019, 02:28:16 PM »
New logo (hopefully okay to post, just worried because I haven't seen it posted yet and this thread is a few days old):
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline plinkowin2010

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2019, 08:46:37 AM »
Does the Giant Price hides the new Grand Game Prop better than the old Grand Game prop cause part of the logo shows over the top of the giant price tag? Any before or after pics?

Offline Double_R

• In the Audience
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2019, 03:42:20 PM »
Since this aired on the West coast, does anyone know the showcase results?

Offline ThatDonGuy

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2019, 09:54:31 PM »
Since this aired on the West coast, does anyone know the showcase results?
Er...it did?

Airing a repeat in the west if an episode is pre-empted in the east is CBS's standard operating procedure.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2019, 10:17:48 PM »
I'm somewhat conflicted about this, but I wouldn't be opposed to Adam doing a recap of this episode.  Again, not to step on CBS's toes or anything, but the show has been available to watch, even if not through official channels, since about the time they normally would have uploaded it last week, so it's not like we're spoiling anything, especially given who's likely to be reading a recap here in the first place.

I leave it to Adam, since this isn't my section of the site, but he's got my blessing if he wants to do it.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2019, 10:26:43 PM »
I am kind of leaning toward the 8801 process and waiting for it to rerun. If it doesn't I will, but I've  already watched the whole episode.

I am in no shape to do it right now until at least October 8. I have a 4:46 am train to catch.

Also I have really no idea who my audience is outside of this site, but the average of 2000 views leads me to believe we have outsiders too.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2019, 10:28:50 PM by Roadgeek Adam »
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]