Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/2/2019  (Read 8572 times)

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/2/2019
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2019, 11:54:39 AM »
Yep, no stopdown. The rats crossed the line and the results were displayed on the monitor, it was just as seamless as it appears on TV.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2019, 02:30:11 PM »
Yes, there are sensors at the finish line that identify the order in which the rats finish.
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Individual results may vary.

Offline MrPlinko

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2019, 02:43:25 PM »
I enjoyed watching Yvette's response to being repeatedly outbid by a dollar.  Quite the character!  And then to let her model in the showcase was perfect.  Today's episode had a fun vibe that hearkened back to the Barker days.  :biggrin:

Have not seen episode,

But why was she allowed to model in the Showcase?  That sounds cool!

Joe

Offline Kev347

• Double Showcase Winner
  • I love it when people get lit up.
« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2019, 06:29:54 PM »
Why was the contestant allowed to bid cents on all three prizes in Rat Race? Was there any stopdown or questions there?

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #19 on: October 03, 2019, 07:03:54 PM »
No stopdown. She made a bid on the garage door keypad that the audience booed, that IIRC also ended in 99 cents, and she changed to $49.99. But to my knowledge she was never told “bid in dollars, cause we rounded the last two prices”.

No idea what would have happened had the ARP been $60 instead of $40. My guess is a stopdown and she would have been told the ARP was rounded since it would be a bad look for the show for her to lose by a penny, but apparently the rules don’t specify bids have to be rounded off to the nearest dollar.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."