Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/7/2019  (Read 9449 times)

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/7/2019
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2019, 08:53:06 PM »
Last to air of the four tapings. We were numbers 001-010, and it was a blast to get to meet so many great TPIR fans!

One Right Price was an easy setup blown. OTOH, 625/7187/40 was far too attractive in Make Your Move. I was sure Justin R had lost until they lit up the price. He ended up winning three trips. Not too shabby!

James doing pushups during Bonkers was a great moment. I still can't tell if that was planned or if they legitimately snowballed into it through that conversation.

Antoinette won a $22 item in Spelling Bee and then picked card 22.  I'm not sure I've ever seen someone do that before.

I doubt that was intentional--IIRC she took her time consulting the audience before making her picks, so I doubt the price of the oil diffuser was floating around in her mind.

I'm not sure it's so much that he's seemed more energetic than usual as that he seemed noticeably less energetic last Monday and Wednesday, the first two tapings of the season.  It probably took him a little while to get back in the swing of things after four months off.

Drew did stick around and chat with the audience a bit more on this show than on the first two days.

Did it look to anyone else like they edited something out at the end of the first Showcase Showdown?  They cut to the audience for no apparent reason, and when they went back to Drew, he seemed to be laughing at nothing.

Don't remember anything noteworthy happening in the SCSD. From the aired version it looked like some guy in the audience was yelling something through a plastic megaphone, but I don't remember hearing it (and I doubt Drew could, either, cause it's so loud in there). If something was edited out I don't remember what it was. :-( Sorry.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2019, 09:14:17 PM »
Last to air of the four tapings. We were numbers 001-010, and it was a blast to get to meet so many great TPIR fans!

Actually we were 002-009. Stephen and I got in line at about 5AM hoping to snag first numbers again and aside from someone asleep on the sidewalk we were the first. I left to go have breakfast at the farmers market and came back to join my group and find out that the sidewalk sleeper was waiting in line and had been since 11pm the night before. Anyhoo...

tpiradam's taping report #3 of 4

Not much to mention about this taping. We lost two members of our group and gained gamesurf in the process.

Bonkers was a lot of fun. If you listen closely you can hear me shout 'don't look at us!' during Drew's explanation of the game. The bit with James was a lot of fun too.

Online gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2019, 09:25:09 PM »
Actually we were 002-009. Stephen and I got in line at about 5AM hoping to snag first numbers again and aside from someone asleep on the sidewalk we were the first.

Oh yeah, I forgot about that guy.

Didn't they place him, like, on the right side, by the George Gray section? For being #1, he didn't get the best seats.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."