Author Topic: November 1, 2000 (w/Ten Chances blooper)  (Read 5633 times)

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
November 1, 2000 (w/Ten Chances blooper)
« on: October 10, 2019, 08:28:08 AM »
At last, the full episode in its entirety (with commercials), and a major blooper during the show that will live in infamy.

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Joker's Wild ...and deadly.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: November 1, 2000 (w/Ten Chances blooper)
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2019, 11:01:40 AM »
I can imagine if this Ten Chances moment had happened in the YouTube era, it might have actually done better than Manuela's 5 Price Tags goof.

Maybe it was re-aired on Entertainment Tonight or something...but I was just short of my 10th birthday at the time, so I cared even less about entertainment news than I do now. :P
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes.

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2019, 12:09:21 PM »
The Game Show Forum is also discussing this incident, and the question came up:

Why did Bob not order a stopdown after discovering the first one or two reveals had already been triggered? Surely they would stop tape if this had happened today.

It was a memorable moment, but was it really worth taking a $20,000 bath to look behind the third number?

Yeah, it makes for a decent clip, it creates good PR for the show, he likely would have won anyways with 8 chances for the car—but at some point, the EP instinct has to take over to try to save the game without throwing your fellow staff members the bus unnecessarily. (Especially when, ultimately, they learned the prop triggered itself and the three “prop checkers” ended up being blameless.)
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline CJBojangles

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 08:47:58 PM »
Hoo boy... Blocked by Fremantle. That's not good.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2019, 09:59:16 PM »
Hoo boy... Blocked by Fremantle. That's not good.

I noticed this come up with LMAD recently too (same company subsidiary as well BBTV)....new episodes though. I wonder what this means for even older stuff.....could mean they're cracking down on past content or they're prepping for a launch of the show on Buzzr.....not sure which. Could also be isolated, but it's strange to single out one show seemingly of the many online.

Offline mellongraig

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2019, 05:59:16 PM »
Back up now this time via KFDA-TV, hopefully this time it will stay up: