Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 10/10/2019 (TPiR Celebratory 9000th Episode Special)  (Read 11672 times)

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
Re: TPiR Recap - 10/10/2019 (TPiR Celebratory 9000th Episode Special)
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2019, 09:13:31 PM »
Congrats on the 9000th show! Only 1,000 more to go until the show hits five digits...

The 10,000th show already aired...  :lol:
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2019, 10:14:04 PM »
The 10,000th show already aired...  :lol:

I was 10 years old when that April Fool’s Day episode aired. That ending was the lamest cop-out of all time.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2019, 10:46:55 PM »
I wonder what made them start this show with Double Prices (and a hard setup for a special, at that).  Pretty much everything they did today was on point, and that stuck out like a sore thumb.

Anyone else catch the rogue Poker Game cameo after Any Number? :)

I'm so glad they fixed the prices in Grand Game.  They looked ridiculous last week.

How many episides are we really at now?  I know this was just the celebratory 9000th show, not the actual one .

"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #18 on: October 10, 2019, 11:02:41 PM »
Oh yeah, forgot about Grand. seems they're fiddling it every playing right now. The colors today on the prices were good, let's leave the darker yellow behind.

As far as hard setups when they don't make sense, I'm convinced they think it's easy when it's not a bunch of the time.
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2019, 12:41:14 AM »
The old clips of Barker was a nice touch. :)

I enjoyed Any Number. It was nice that Drew mentioned that it was the 1st game ever played on Price and then we saw an outstanding playing lead to a win. 4 car numbers in a row to start the game was awesome.

Not a fan of Double Prices as a lead off hitter, especially on a big show. That's the 2nd time this season that a major episode started with Double Prices. Remember that Double Prices was the very 1st game played in season 48.

Seeing not 1 but 2 non car games played for cars was super cool and that Cliffy playing was totally awesome baby!
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2019, 01:11:54 AM »
The old clips of Barker was a nice touch. :)

I enjoyed Any Number. It was nice that Drew mentioned that it was the 1st game ever played on Price and then we saw an outstanding playing lead to a win. 4 car numbers in a row to start the game was awesome.

Not a fan of Double Prices as a lead off hitter, especially on a big show. That's the 2nd time this season that a major episode started with Double Prices. Remember that Double Prices was the very 1st game played in season 48.

Seeing not 1 but 2 non car games played for cars was super cool and that Cliffy playing was totally awesome baby!

Technically Vend-O-Price, was the first since they aired out of order, and going beyond that the first TAPED had Pay the Rent. It is weird opening shows with Double Prices though.

Offline Richie

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2019, 01:13:06 AM »
Grand Game was a heartbreaker.  I too said the sweetener along with Michael.  The Vicks was obvious to avoid.  The face wash was very VERY deceptive.

Offline bonkers77

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2019, 02:13:54 AM »
Courtney Hope who?! It's 9,000th Show! Where are Rachel, Amber and Manuela?!

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2019, 02:15:31 AM »
Courtney Hope who?! It's 9,000th Show! Where are Rachel, Amber and Manuela?!

Amber and Manuela are on maternity leave after both giving birth to children. Courtney is one of the substitutes. We're not in an era where Rachel is going to work 180 shows anymore.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2019, 03:32:24 PM »
Still, it was kind of surprising that she wasn't on this, of all episodes.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.