Author Topic: 2019-2020 FPG Spoilers  (Read 15526 times)

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: 2019-2020 FPG Spoilers
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2020, 11:53:35 AM »
Neither 5PT or Time showed up on a 2/3 taping. Take the model spoilers as gospel at your own risk!
The models aren't hanging around unused game props for kicks. Their dressing/make up mirror is not in the game/prize warehouse. It's not exact that some stuff will show up because it's hard to tell what some of the props are from the back, but sometimes there are clear instances where the models have a game sitting in the background and that's because the game has been pulled out to be played that day. Sorry, if you haven't seen it, but there's been *multiple* instances of a game being shown in an IG story and it showing up on the corresponding airdate. They're not sitting behind More or Less or Bullseye because the show pulled them out of the warehouse for fun.

Derek made it clear that 5PT was a maybe and I saw the pic and it was a tough one to discern, but had similar colors.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2020, 12:01:24 PM »
Also note that we have two games spoiled for the next FPG in two weeks - and both games are SP games. Proceed at your own risk.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
  • The production values Evelyn SHOULD strive for.
    • My Youtube
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2020, 12:09:56 PM »
My bad attitude is that I hate I have to weigh these murky spoilers because someone is willing to stalk Instagram pages. We'd be better off if these were never posted.

What happens when game(s) show up and people were unaware of these? Tris puts 1 CP on the pick afterwards, how fair is that?
S5x... the show's stabilized into something decent now, I guess...

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2020, 12:21:47 PM »
I apologize for the previous post, that was way too rash & rude of me. I'm just really frustrated by this situation.

How about this. Why aren't there links to these Instagram posts? Thupa has tried his best to compile the info, but that shouldn't really be on him, and he's been wrong twice now. Why not just have an ongoing list of model Instagram posts and let people interpret them how they will?

How these are a FPG spoiler or not I guess is up to Tris, but they're murky enough I wouldn't say they're an auto 1 CP.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 12:26:19 PM by Wayoshi »

Offline TPIRFan2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2020, 12:35:34 PM »
As the only person to have picked 5 Price Tags for today, I'll sheepishly admit that yes, Thupa's spoiler is why I picked it (it wasn't really due, otherwise I just would have gone the Path route like a bunch of others). I probably should have reminded everyone last night about it, but when it was marked as merely "possible" I wasn't exactly sure whether I should go ahead. I still marked it down as a 1 CP anyways just to play somewhat fair.

Regarding the Time spoiler though...didn't Thupa initially mark down both the Tags and Time spoilers as being a 2/4 taping (9112 and 9113)? He then realized that only the possible Tags spoiler was actually a 2/3 taping (which was either this Tuesday, Thursday, or Friday) and edited that in the original post, but he probably forgot to separate the Tags and Time spoilers.

I think Wayo is definitely going overboard here, just seems to be a simple mistake re: Time (and again, the Tags spoiler wasn't definite). The others that have been listed have all appeared on their respective shows. And I don't think Thupa is intentionally stalking the model pages, he probably just saw a post that featured a game spoiler and decided to check if there were more.
I hadn't really thought about this before, but the reality of death means that every day there are less people in the world than the day before.  In reality there are many more people in the world than this but for illustration: If one day there are 1000 people in the world and the next day 55 people die, now there are 945 people in the world. if 30 more die the next day now there are 915 people in the world. So we'll eventually become extinct as will all creatures as the same reality applies to dogs, cats, horses etc.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2020, 12:46:58 PM »
Some of these pics are featured in the model's IG stories which are not possible to post a link to and disappear after 24 hours. He takes screenshots on his phone, but it's hard to post the screenshots on this forum software/BBcode from a phone. If need be, I'll have him send them to me and I'll use an imgur to post them.

I FAIL to understand how looking at social media is "stalking." They're posting them for the public, we're fans of the amen show, of course some of us will be following their accounts and are going to see what they're posting. That's like saying we're stalking The Price is Right PressXpress page for spoilers which is honestly *more* stalkerish than going to someone's public social media.

We've also used freaking angles and corners of props in PressXpress as spoilers that have sometimes not panned out. Hell, the actual show has posted incorrect spoilers in the past themselves by mistake.

This spoiler business is tricky and the whole reason he's offering them is because you'd probably be the first lambast him if the spoilers worked out to more Fridays and he started medaling more and you found it was because of the models' postings that he didn't share.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 12:58:04 PM by thepriceis_J »

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline Wayoshi

• CSS Host
    • My Youtube
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2020, 01:02:35 PM »
I didn't realize some of these are temporary.

I think the best course of action is to only post those that can be successfully Imgur'ed, and none of Derek's opinions on them

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2020, 01:08:27 PM »
I’ve sent them all to JJ, so hopefully they will be uploaded to an imgur soon.

I understand your frustration, Wayo, and I do realize that I’ve screwed up twice now (thanks, 2K, for noticing my edit fail). If I were more tech-savvy, these all would have been posted awhile ago.

I shared them because I felt that it would be against the spirit of the game for me not to share them, especially because they were all publicly available AND I believe that all of them have come from IG stories, NOT permanent posts.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2020, 01:35:56 PM »

Disregard the Plinko slot in the background of the SBS pics, that's an old one from a special playing that they have put in their dressing area.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2020, 07:33:31 AM »
I shared them because I felt that it would be against the spirit of the game for me not to not to share them...

I appreciate that as someone who enjoys the game but doesn't have the time to hunt down spoilers, and continue to hope that anyone else who has an advantage does the same.

It's remarkable we have found a way to keep this going in an era where media attention is never ending.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #40 on: May 13, 2020, 04:19:22 PM »
As we prepare for the playoff game Friday, Tris and I re-looked at the photo for that tape date (posted earlier in the thread). In addition to Switcheroo and NoT, Cover Up is also visible. Because Friday’s episode is the first of two from that taping day, all three are viable spoilers.

Offline SuperSweeper

• 1/11/2024
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #41 on: May 14, 2020, 10:39:24 AM »
As we prepare for the playoff game Friday, Tris and I re-looked at the photo for that tape date (posted earlier in the thread). In addition to Switcheroo and NoT, Cover Up is also visible. Because Friday’s episode is the first of two from that taping day, all three are viable spoilers.

I’ve heard from a few people that do NOT think that it’s Cover. Tris has the final call on this.

Offline OneBidTris

• Hosting FPG for Season 50
« Reply #42 on: May 14, 2020, 11:11:59 AM »
I'm going off the better safe than sorry route and saying that Cover is a spoiler just to cover my bases. But of course, use your best judgement when considering these spoilers.