Author Topic: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/05/2006  (Read 31929 times)

Offline Forrest20

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FULL RECAP - TPiR 06/05/2006
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2006, 03:31:06 PM »
Budget mode?!?!?!  No way, Jose.  Golden Road was played for almost 75K in prizes, Punchy had 10K won, Make Your Move was played for over 10K in prizes, Bargain Bar was played for two trips, Squeeze Play was played for a prize that was nearly 8K, and there was a 30K showcase!  This episode was anything but budget mode!

Online Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2006, 03:51:54 PM »
Ccook wrote:  Sixth one-bid: What could the rationale possibly be for bidding $1 under the previous high?

It's a present for us, the viewers, who don't have to put up with such a contestant getting up on stage.  For that reason, it doesn't bother me .

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2006, 03:57:30 PM »
Make Your Move was probably the most expensive it's been since that time they had an Jeep Eagle thing.  (They did do that, right?)

Punch-a-Bunch was quite the amusing episode, from the danicing contestant to Bob being as secretive as ever.  She certainly was good enough to win.

I like the team effort to remove the PTB tags off.

Offline Madonna

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2006, 04:15:10 PM »
Golden Road: Ouch! Ouch! I would've gone with the 8, too.. That's never a fun way to kick off a show...

Punchboard: ...but that helps! The drought is over! And I had a sneaky feeling when Bob started his routine that she had punched out $10,000, and not just $5,000...

Make Your Move: And it started so good.. Why did you change, Jennifer?! :-?

Bargain Bar: I would've picked Boston, too... Just one of those days, sans Punchboard...

Pass The Buck: I like this game, but one thing I don't like is the free pick. Sean's guesses were terrible, and still he wins $3,000...

Could've been worse: He could've taken 6 with the free pick.

Squeeze Play: Pull the first 9! First 9! Oh, dear...

Showcases: At least after some poor playings and poor luck, we didn't get a DOB today...

I was thinking $16,000 for Sean's showcase (definitely not "fourteen hundred").. I was also thinking $26,500 on Latoya's showcase (needless to say, it was a bit more than I thought)...
In loving and eternal memory of a truly beautiful goddess.

Offline andrew bennett

• Outside in Line
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2006, 04:15:31 PM »
this was a bonehead show today.
golden road: evil! dob, consider that this is only played monthly, and you make it a 50-50 chance? i don't care WHAT you have at the end of the golden road! :evil:
pab: HAHAHA.......funny reveal. bob asks susan to turn around while he shows the slip to the audience. the reaction was priceless! from the moment he started delaying i knew susan had won 10k.
mym: apparently, jennifer doesn't watch the show. when i saw the dumbo i knew it was $30, and when i saw the snowmobile i knew it was $9188 (remember balance game?). so i would have made my move and celebrated before the camera could pan to the turntable! i am sure that everyone here knew this in half a losing horn. :lol:
scsd1: HAHAHA!!!!!!! SWEET REVENGE ON THE DOB!!!!!! :evil: :lol: (and on jennifer). i have never seen such a less puny spin!
bbb: no reason for a loss. atlanta was screaming to be picked with the bargain price of $1387.
ptb: i can tell sean what to do with his $3k.....buy azo and gold bond until he KNOWS the price. :lol: i recognized both of those.
squeeze play: evil again! who wouldn't have picked $7995?
scsd2: i was hoping for ashenputtel to win after the dob embarrassed her.
showcases: great. another lowballer on a ski boat.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 04:16:27 PM »
PriceHulk wrote:
All in all, a typical Monday show.

As opposed to a typical Tuesday show?

quadrupleplay wrote:mym: apparently, jennifer doesn't watch the show. when i saw the dumbo i knew it was $30

The shows with the Dumbo DVD hadn't even aired by the time this episode was taped, so even if Jennifer is an everyday-watcher, she would have no idea of the price based on watching previous shows!

Online Mallory16

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Icon by Gemma Moody
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 04:29:33 PM »
quadrupleplay wrote:  this was a bonehead show today.

Sigh.  Please stop that, quaddy.

quadrupleplay wrote:  golden road: evil! dob, consider that this is only played monthly, and you make it a 50-50 chance?

For Golden Road, a 50/50 chance is a godsend.  If Roger wanted to be evil, he would've made all four numbers equally likely.

quadrupleplay wrote:  scsd2: i was hoping for ashenputtel to win after the dob embarrassed her.

Huh?!

quadrupleplay wrote:  showcases: great. another lowballer on a ski boat.

She was only a little over $3000 away!  How is that lowballing?!

And thank you, jhc.  You saved me a quote by hitting on the subject of the Dumbo DVD .

Offline I_am_anonymous

• Outside in Line
« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2006, 04:48:00 PM »
been lurking for a while but felt the need to post something

looking through some of the old archives, it looks like quadrupleplay = stydfan

stydfan also insulted contestants because they didn't have every price memorized and didn't know the 'paint sealant trick'

but anyways, todays audience really seemed to be wrong....Jennifer had MYM right before someone in the audience convinced her to change the prices

Sean was 'passing the buck' towards the right product but someone convinced him otherwise

does anyone think that if Triple Play had been won last week, would Golden Road have been shelved?

Offline pathfinder2119

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Me immortalized as a South Park character
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2006, 04:53:15 PM »
Overall, today's show was decent.

The Golden Road loss was painful. It was pretty much a tossup for the motorhome, and Latoya picked the wrong one.

It was nice to finally see a win in Punch a Bunch, and I liked Bob's reveal, too.

When Jennifer changed her mind in Make Your Move, I knew she had lost.

Offline BRB_TheFireball

• Double Showcase Winner
  • A Man Without A Forum
    • The Fireball on Golden-Road.net
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2006, 06:15:18 PM »
One-Bid #1 - Latoya!  :-P  And she gets to walk the Golden Road!  :-D  :-D  :-D

PG #1 - Another one of those exciting 50-50 situations on the final prize.  Sadly, I also thought 8 on that motorhome.  :cry:  But I never would've gotten that far.  I had 6 on the popcorn cart.

PG #2 -  :-o  :-o  :-o  PUNCHY'S [d]CURSE[/d] LOSING STREAK IS FINALLY OVER!  And she did it on the first punch, no less.  Now if we could only get a win out of Temptation, a game that hasn't had a win since 1983...

PG #3 - Damn, Jennifer had this game won, but she let the audience talk her into changing it.  :mad:

PG #4 - With a bargain price that low, ATL was just screaming to be picked.

PG #5 - After Sean went 0-for-2 in the GP portion, I had two thoughts.  One side of me wanted him to pull the car on his lone pick for an exciting win.  The other side of me wanted him to pull "Lose Everything" just so he could go down as the worst Bucky player ever.

PG #6 - *ugly golf cart comes out* "$7,695!"

My showcase bids - Big Banana:  $16,600.  FRBS:  $23,200.

Overall - Man, who ever would've guessed that the lone win of today's show would come from Punchy?!
Well, this week was supposed to be a return to normalcy, but that's clearly not allowed.  Since you feel there is no need for this week's FPG to continue, I feel there is no need to continue as an FPG host or a G-R.net member.  Since most people are so desperate to push me out of here, why delay it?  I would have preferred that everybody publicly admitted it rather than string me along for the last two days, but it is what it is.  I am hereby resigning as FPG host and moderator, effective immediately.  whammy007 is the new permanent host.  No R-rated rant or airing of grievances from me.  Just a polite "goodbye for good".

--Fireball to Chelsea, 1/15/16

Offline pianogeek

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2006, 06:25:34 PM »
Bob doing a different PAB slip reveal, in this case, just shows us naturally how the audience reacted.  Great stuff.  There's nothing that can be sweetened.

And at the end of the show, me seeing Bob and Rich Fields shake hands before the FremantleMedia slate came up was genuinely nice.  I wonder why?

Offline Joe_Mello

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2006, 07:36:21 PM »
does anyone think that if Triple Play had been won last week, would Golden Road have been shelved?

I don't think so.  The Big 3 normally get a sendoff playing in June.  I honestly think that 3 Strikes will make an appearance next week (providing we have shows left) to close out S34.

Offline logikreader

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2006, 07:55:27 PM »

For whatever reason, I find Ashenputtel to be a really pretty name.

I can vouch for Ashenputtel herself being very very pretty!  Maybe that's it.. :-D

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2006, 10:16:31 PM »
Well, this was certainly mind-blowing.  How often is the only game won all day freakin' lost-every-time-it's-been-played-this-season Punch a Bunch?!  That was insane!

Even though Golden Road wasn't won today, it's had a pretty darn good season.  Really, when the heck was the last year it was won three times?

Has anyone ever noticed that the audience gets completely stupid over basic math during Barker's Bargain Bar?  Seriously, the last couple times it's been played, half the audience was applauding the loss!

"Ashenputtel" sorta loses something in the translation.

Where the heck did Pass the Buck come from?!  Based on the last two years' worth of patterns, it should have been played last Monday!

I was sure Katrina had Squeeze Play won.  Couldn't believe it when that 6 showed up in the actual price.

I got a kick of how when Rich couldn't find the Showcase winner during the credits, he shook Bob's hand instead.

BobboChung wrote:

Golden Road: Given the way things have been going this season for this game, something in my mind was hoping it would not be won today, since the big prize was a motorhome.

Um...what?

PriceHulk wrote:

LOL,heels,thanks for mentioning me!

Hulk, are you seriously this badly in the dark about what your reputation around here is?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline OldPrice75

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2006, 10:16:54 PM »
Even though we had lots of losses today, I still really liked it.

Golden Road - I KNEW that would be here this week! :-D

Punch A Bunch - I can't believe it!  The dark age is over! :-D

Make Your Move - This is what happens, folks, when it's perfect and you just don't leave it alone.

Barker's Bargain Bar - I would've picked Atlanta.

Pass the Buck - Sean didn't seem to know much, but those were tougher than usual.  At least he got $3000.

Squeeze Play - That $7995 sure looked tempting, but I knew it was a trap.  

Showcases - Yay!  The Big Banana with a dining room.  :-) The second showcase was neat, too.  Two good bids, too.