Author Topic: Season 48 Preemptions will be finalized today.  (Read 51555 times)

Offline danderson400

• In the Audience
Re: Season 48 Preemptions will be finalized today.
« Reply #135 on: January 19, 2020, 10:04:38 AM »
remember, also parts of the trial will be in "closed session" so the soaps might not be impacted too much....

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #136 on: January 21, 2020, 09:34:59 PM »
Someone in another thread brought up that Price's air time in the Mountain Time Zone varies, unlike the other time zones where it's almost-always 11 Eastern and 10 Central and Pacific. When impeachment coverage begins at 1:00 PM Eastern, Price is not affected on most CBS affiliates here, but it is affected in Albuquerque and Salt Lake City.

Not counting satellites, there are 19 native CBS affiliates in the Mountain Time Zone. Nine of them air Price at 9 AM local time in sync with the Eastern Time Zone, eight of them air it at 10 AM, and two air it at 11 AM in sync with the Pacific Time Zone.

9:00 AM
KPHO - Phoenix, AZ
KBOI - Boise, ID
KIDK - Idaho Falls, ID
KMVT - Twin Falls, ID
KXGN - Glendive, MT
KTVQ, KXLF, KRTV, KPAX - The rest of Montana (all are under same ownership and have identical programming schedules)

10:00 AM
KOLD - Tucson, AZ
KSWT - Yuma, AZ
KKTV - Colorado Springs, CO
KCNC - Denver, CO
KREX - Grand Junction, CO
KDBC - El Paso, TX
KGWC - Casper, WY
KGWN - Cheyenne, WY

11:00 AM
KRQE - Albuquerque, NM
KUTV - Salt Lake City, UT

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #137 on: January 21, 2020, 11:14:50 PM »
Thanks for that excellent chart! The morning lineup on KUTV (Salt Lake City) is a little weird--LMaD is on at 9 AM, The Young and The Restless is on at 10 AM, and TPiR is on at 11 AM. Is a soap opera sandwiched between LMaD and TPiR anywhere else?

Online htmlcc92

• Double Showcase Winner
  • "Mrs. Peacock was a man?!"
« Reply #138 on: January 21, 2020, 11:19:54 PM »
Not directly sandwiched, but my CBS station has The Price is Right at 10:00 a.m. followed by The Young and the Restless. I think Let’s Make a Deal is at 2:00 p.m. The Bold and the Beautiful I think is at 12:00 p.m.
There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #139 on: January 22, 2020, 12:34:54 PM »
Not directly sandwiched, but my CBS station has The Price is Right at 10:00 a.m. followed by The Young and the Restless. I think Let’s Make a Deal is at 2:00 p.m. The Bold and the Beautiful I think is at 12:00 p.m.

That's pretty much just the regular schedule.  The only interesting thing is B&B -- I'd have thought it would be on at 12:30.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2020, 01:59:05 PM »
Oy, vey, KIRO-TV preempted The Price is Right again today. I won't mention it on the episode posts, just here from now on. UGH.

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2020, 02:51:44 PM »
Is that even necessary?

Offline ThomHuge

« Reply #142 on: January 22, 2020, 05:15:06 PM »
Oy, vey, KIRO-TV preempted The Price is Right again today. I won't mention it on the episode posts, just here from now on. UGH.

I tried to be polite the other day, but...please STOP. You're basically posting the same thing. Every. Single. Time. It's repetitive and unnecessary. The 99.99% of us who don't get KIRO-TV don't really care what they do or don't do.

/So...there's not need to keep posting this, anywhere.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 05:18:33 PM by ThomHuge »

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #143 on: January 22, 2020, 06:14:38 PM »
I tried to be polite the other day, but...please STOP. You're basically posting the same thing. Every. Single. Time. It's repetitive and unnecessary. The 99.99% of us who don't get KIRO-TV don't really care what they do or don't do.

/So...there's not need to keep posting this, anywhere.

Ummm... backseat moderating much? I've noticed you've been doing this a LOT lately.

Anyways, I am thankful that with the advances of modern technology we can watch Price online now if the show is preempted in a certain area of the country. I actually have CBS All Access just so I can watch TPIR if I miss an episode. Plus, YouTube has a plethora of the older shows.
1,698 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline bringbackrob

• Outside in Line
« Reply #144 on: January 22, 2020, 06:22:12 PM »
I wonder if March Madness on the horizon will pre empt more shows?

Offline ThomHuge

« Reply #145 on: January 22, 2020, 06:42:00 PM »
Ummm... backseat moderating much? I've noticed you've been doing this a LOT lately.

Ummm...hypocrisy much? I'm commenting on the posts of others, just like you're commenting on mine.

Offline jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #146 on: January 22, 2020, 06:45:33 PM »
OK, moving on.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2020, 06:49:10 PM by jlgarfield »

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #147 on: January 22, 2020, 06:52:13 PM »
I wonder if March Madness on the horizon will pre empt more shows?

They usually plan ahead and have repeats scheduled for those days. In fact, looking at the schedule, it looks like after March 16th, the rest of the week doesn't have any episodes for it.
1,698 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #148 on: January 22, 2020, 06:59:53 PM »
Today's impeachment coverage ran to 4:00 on ABC, and seemingly 5:00 on CBS and NBC. I get two CBS's and two NBC's where I live. One of the CBS's switched to local news at 4:30 at the latest, but the other didn't start the news until 5:00. One of my NBC's cut off the proceedings at 4:00 for local news, but the other waited until 5:00. No Price in Hawaii today.

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #149 on: January 31, 2020, 02:11:21 PM »
CBS and ABC are not airing impeachment coverage today, only NBC is. Price finally aired in all of the West Coast today.