Author Topic: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (S2, Episode 2) - SHOWCASES  (Read 45547 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (S2, Episode 2) - IUFB2
« Reply #45 on: October 21, 2019, 10:15:12 AM »
"When tempted to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually uses water."

With this in mind, I'll select the hot tub and the fireplace.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #46 on: October 21, 2019, 12:55:21 PM »
1233: This is as good a time as any to remind everyone that we are not responsible for what happens once you get your prizes.  :-)

Now the hot tub is...

{pulls tab}

{oohs from audience}

...$2,995. I'm scared to see, but the fireplace is...

{pulls tab}

...for a total of...

{buzz}
{groans from crowd}

...way too much. Good news for you is that you get a second rack at it. What combo do you want togo with now?

{more pointing from the audience}

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #47 on: October 21, 2019, 02:43:43 PM »
I don't think those are $34 jackets, and neither do I believe they are $720, but rather somewhere in between, with the sauna making up the difference. I'll go with the sauna and the jackets, and hope for the best! *crosses fingers*

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: October 21, 2019, 03:16:12 PM »
{pushes back first two tabs}

1233: Looks like you're gonna pull a complete switcheroo. Wait, that's a different game.

Nonetheless, the price of the sauna is...

{pulls tab}

{more oohs from crowd}

...$1,939. We are going to need some wickedly expensive jackets.

Show us a big number!!!

{pulls tab}

Expensive, but not that expensive. Your total is...

{buzz}

$2,659. As you probably realized, you needed the fireplace and the jackets to win.

Unfortunately, the game isn't call Take Three. I hope you've had fun with us today. We will have the lovely showcases after this line break.

{transition in commercial break}

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (S2, Episode 2) - SHOWCASES
« Reply #49 on: October 21, 2019, 09:42:33 PM »

{after some fast food commercials, fade back in on the showcase podia}

1233: We're back for the fabulous showcases. Our runner up is tpir04, and our big winner is tpiradam!!!

Apparently having the show in your username is the secret weapon.  :-D

Now both of you listen carefully to the first showcase, as it could go to either of you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Announcer: Now this showcase is all about the golden moments in life. So were going to start this showcase with a bit of gold!!!

{turntable turns}

This 1 ounce token of .9999 pure fine gold is wallet sized and is objectively cooler than paper money. Its value has been determined from the start of business on October 14.

{applause}

Now we couldn't have a showcase about gold without having a bit of bling to give you.

So here comes Amber decked in some gold jewelry!!!

For him, we have this 24" 14 karat yellow gold chain. And for her, there's an 18" white gold diamond infinity pendent. We've included 4" tall ceramic gold jewelry box to keep all of your belongings safe.

{crowd cheers}

But we can't stop there, Not a chance. 

That's great news for you because I've decked all your electronics in gold!!!

{door 3 opens}

First, this Series 5 Apple watch comes with a stainless steel gold band. Also, this rose gold 15" HP laptop has 8GB of RAM!

Even more, we're including this Sony Bravia 45" 4K Smart HDTV with a soundbar and this 8 ft gold entertainment center fit for a palace!!! {modeled by Rachel}

{applause}

Man, giving gold stuff away is easy. Call me King Midas, I've got the gold touch.  :-)

However, we have only one more prize for you in this showcase and its not really gold.

Instead, it's a trip to the Gold Coast of Australia!!!!

You and a guest will fly roundtrip coach from Los Angeles to Queensland, Australia, where you will stay 6 nights at The Darling at the Star Gold Coast. You will have your own luxourious penthouse suite with an ocean view and daily breakfast is included!!! {modeled by Manuela behind audience}

{loud cheers}

Now, if you're all about Au, then this is your showcase if the Price is Right!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1233: tpiradam, as the top winner, would you like to bid or pass this showcase?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2019, 09:52:40 PM by 123123123 »

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2019, 11:38:58 AM »
I would like to pass on this one.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #51 on: October 22, 2019, 12:14:35 PM »
Anybody wanna play poker? No? Well, that's okay. I'll deal myself a full house anyway, in the form of a bid of $33,535.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2019, 11:46:16 AM »

1233: Man, that bid has me missing the Poker Game. Not enough to bring it back, but still.  :-)

tpiradam, here is your showcase

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Announcer: So tpiradam, you passed on our first golden showcase? No big deal. That makes you the proud recipient of the second place silver showcase!!

And were going to start this showcase off with...

{turntable turns}

...this silver sculpture!! {modeled by Amber}

This 14 3/4 tall infinity sculpture is crafted of silver,  polished and makes for an interesting conversation starter!!

{cheers}

Now, not all of us can say we were were born with a silver spoon in our mouths. But doesnt' mean you won't enjoy the silverware that goes with your new dining table!!! {modeled by Manuela}

{door 2 opens}

This Riverdale 6 piece dining set was made with solid oak and comes with a storage bench and upholstered chairs. We have also included sterling silver flatware service for 6!!!

{applause}

The next silver we're looking at is the silver screen. Good news is we have you covered whether you buy films or scour the internet for them with...

{door 3 opens}

...a projection screen and a gaming computer!!! {modeled by Rachel}

This 19.5 foot inflatable projection screen has a higher clearance level for better audience view and is made of machine-washable material!!

Also, this Alienware gaming desktop has 16GB of memory, a 2TB hard drive and a 512GB solid state drive. We've included a 25 in monitor, keyboard and mouse because we like ya!!!

{loud cheering}

Finally, how can we have a silver showcase without giving you...

...a Silverado!!! {modeled by Mr. Announcer, rolled out Lucky Seven style}

As the shiniest truck I've ever seen, this 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 4WD has a regular cab, a long bed and comes wquipped with a WT convienence package!!!

{loud applause}

And this showcase, which is nowhere near second best, can be yours if the Price is Right!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1233: Not a bad showcase to me. What is your bid, tpiradam?

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/18
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2019, 12:11:01 PM »
I think I’m going to go a tad conservative and say $38,200

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2019, 09:22:00 PM »

1233: The bids are locked in and we will see who wins after these fancy line breaks

{cheers from crowd leading into the break}

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-

*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-

*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*

{transition from break music}

1233: We're back and it's time to see who is the big winner.

We'll start with tpiradam, who bid $38,200. The actual price of your showcase was...

{pulls tag}

...for a difference of...

{ding}

...$11,588. Could've been better, but could also have been worse.

We move on to tpir04. You bid $33,535 on your showcase and the actual retail price is...

{pulls tag}

Wow, that makes for a difference of...

{ding}

...only $294!! So close to a double showcase winner, but nonetheless tpir04 is the big winner of the day!!!

{loud cheers and roars from the crowd}
{tpir04 runs to grab his jewelry from Rachel}

tpir04 won over $36,000 in wonderful cash and prizes!! Not a bad haul at all

From all of us here at the Numbers Studio, we hope you had a great time!!!

{credits roll}

*********************************************************************************

Expected: 1/3 (Take Two)
Actual: 1/3 (Stack the Deck)

Thank you all who participated. It was fun to host and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves