Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 27/Big Money Special  (Read 36796 times)

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 27/Big Money Special
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2019, 09:56:54 PM »
So we have $20,375 from tpir04...

DING!

...$22,000 from PatrickRox80...

DING!

...$22,785 from Cool Steve...

DING!

...and $23,123 from GameShowFan9001.

DING!

All the bids have been locked in, and the actual retail price of that car is: $25,110. GameShowFan9001, you are the winner!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(Walking 2007)

(cheers and applause)

And now that you're up on stage with me, George Gray has something that he'd like to say to you. What is it, George?

GEORGE: Well, I'd like to say that GameShowFan9001, you now have a chance to win $50,000 in cash!

(2003 Plinko harp stinger)

You're going to play Hole in One, and all you have to do is putt this ball into that hole over there. Once again, if this were a normal show, you would've tried to win the car, but you already have it, so it doesn't matter now. Right where Rachel and James are, we have these six grocery products, and here's George to tell you about them.

(Cue 86)

GEORGE: OK GameShowFan9001, here we go. First up, that's a 6.5-oz. tub of honey-flavored butter spread, then we have an 8-oz. bag of pitted dates, a 3.5-oz. box of chocolate-covered Goobers peanuts, a 4-oz. jar of organic baby food. Zantac 150, eat your way, treat your way. Use as directed. And we'll round it out with a 10-count box of spiced apple cider pouches.

Those products will determine how close you will be to the hole, and your objective is to put them in order from least expensive to most expensive. To speed the game up, give me all six guesses.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #91 on: November 21, 2019, 01:24:04 AM »
*Peanut Gallery*

If I was playing this setup in-studio, I'd pick baby food, butter, dates (because who the heck knows how much dates cost, but it sounds expensive), and Zantac (assuming it's a standard size, not like 2 tablets, since the photo didn't load) and forget about the other two items. I don't know if there is a bonus for getting to the sixth line, but if there is, I'd probably guess that the chocolate bar is between the baby food and butter, and the cider between the butter and dates, but I really have no clue on those items.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #92 on: November 21, 2019, 05:30:55 AM »
*Peanut Gallery*

If I was playing this setup in-studio, I'd pick baby food, butter, dates (because who the heck knows how much dates cost, but it sounds expensive), and Zantac (assuming it's a standard size, not like 2 tablets, since the photo didn't load) and forget about the other two items. I don't know if there is a bonus for getting to the sixth line, but if there is, I'd probably guess that the chocolate bar is between the baby food and butter, and the cider between the butter and dates, but I really have no clue on those items.
Two things:

1. The Zantac is a standard-size box, and
2. Yes, there is still a $500 bonus for ordering everything right.

Online GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #93 on: November 21, 2019, 10:09:52 AM »
Hmm......

Let's go with baby food, Goobers, butter, dates, cider, Zantac.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #94 on: November 21, 2019, 10:41:27 AM »

Now let's see where you will putt. The baby food is...

DING!

...63¢, so I know you made a great choice. The Goobers are...

DING!

...$1.29, and on we go. The butter is...

DING!

...$2.69. So far, so good. The dates are...

DING!

...$3.99, and you're just getting closer and closer. How much is that cider?

BUZZ!

Oh, $3.19, but you will putt from the fourth line, which is just as good as any other. First off, I will attempt my inspiration putt from way back, just to give you an idea of what you want to do. I'm going to pick a number from 1 to 6, and today, it's going to be 2. Now stand over there and watch how it's done.

(putts ball towards hole, and ball falls in)

(cheers and applause)

And that, my friends, is how you play the game! You will pick two numbers from 1 to 6, so that if you miss the first putt, you'll already have a second putt lined up.

Online GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #95 on: November 21, 2019, 11:25:36 AM »
I will do 6 and 6.

And also, just out of curiosity, how much was the Zantac?

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #96 on: November 21, 2019, 12:09:53 PM »
And also, just out of curiosity, how much was the Zantac?

It was $8.99.

Now that your numbers have been picked, you can take your place on the putting green. Good luck, and I hope you get that $50,000! Quiet, everybody, and here we go.

(GameShowFan9001 putts ball towards hole, but misses)

BUZZ!

(audience groans)

How on Earth did that happen??? Well, lucky for you, the name of the game is Hole in One... (hits button to flip sign around)

...or Two! (applause) Now focus on making it this time.

(GameShowFan9001 putts ball towards hole again, and this time, ball falls in)

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(TPIR Theme 2007)

(cheers and applause)

There you go! You're now $50,000 richer, and you're not through just yet, because you will have a chance to win even more money at the Wheel. We'll have our final pricing game ready to go after this announcement.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 27/Big Money Special (IUFB6)
« Reply #97 on: November 21, 2019, 12:27:30 PM »
Well my friends, we're coming down the homestretch on this Big Money Special, and there's time for just one more contestant. George, who is it?

GEORGE: It's going to be 123123123, come on down! You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

Nice to have you here, 123123123. This is going to be your one chance to bid, and to everyone else, it'll be your last chance to get up on stage. This is the prize.

GEORGE: It's an outdoor barbecue island! (James models it behind Door #3) (Cue 214) (applause) Cal Flame presents this two-piece outdoor barbecue island, which includes a side bar and a 32-inch propane gas grill.

Thank you, James!

BIDDING ORDER: 123123123, tpir04, PatrickRox80, Cool Steve

123123123, what is your bid on the BBQ island?

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #98 on: November 21, 2019, 02:03:27 PM »
$5,123 please

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #99 on: November 21, 2019, 02:12:17 PM »
$4,536, I say!
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2019, 07:47:33 PM »
$3,500.

Offline Cool Steve

• In the Audience
« Reply #101 on: November 22, 2019, 06:35:50 PM »
$5,124

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 27/Big Money Special (PG6)
« Reply #102 on: November 22, 2019, 07:32:51 PM »
So it's $5,123 from 123123123...

DING!

...$4,536 from tpir04...

DING!

...$3,500 from PatrickRox80...

DING!

...and $5,124 from Cool Steve.

DING!

Now, this is the moment of truth for the one remaining contestant from when I first came through the Big Doors. Good luck, Cool Steve, and I hope you win. Here we go, actual retail price is: $5,620. Cool Steve wins!

(Walking 2007)

(cheers and applause)

I am so glad you won your way up on stage at the right time, because we've saved the very best for last. George, tell Cool Steve what it is!

(Grand Game Cue)

GEORGE: Cool Steve, you now have a chance to win up to $260,000 in cash!

(cheers and applause)

That's right, you can win all that cash playing Cliff Hangers. Your objective is to keep the Yodely Guy from falling off the mountain, and you have a $25 margin of error with those three small prizes, where Rachel is. Today, since this is a Big Money special, we've had a double-whammy built into the game: For every dollar you're off, the Yodely Guy will move one step up the mountain, and also, you will lose $10,000 for each step he takes up the mountain. So it's extra important that you pay very close attention to the small prizes and get some good prices in mind as George describes them. Go.

(lite-rock version of Fortune Hunter Cue)

GEORGE: You're going to get this, Cool Steve. First, help keep the air clean and your home smelling fresh with this oil diffuser. Then, this Igloo Playmate cooler is perfect for long car trips, football tailgates and camping nights. And finally, the next time your car breaks down, be sure to have this roadside flare kit handy.

OK Cool Steve, let's star with the oil diffuser. How much do you think it is?

Offline Cool Steve

• In the Audience
« Reply #103 on: November 22, 2019, 07:35:30 PM »
$20

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #104 on: November 22, 2019, 07:42:39 PM »
$20, is that right?

BUZZ!

No, but let's see how far the Yodely Guy goes.

(yodeling)

DING!

He only moved four steps, and what's the real price?

$24. Now moving on to the cooler; what's the price of that?