Author Topic: All New LMAD question  (Read 4640 times)

Offline plinko2000

• Taking a Bonus Spin
All New LMAD question
« on: October 16, 2019, 07:47:39 PM »
Has Door #4 ever chosen a contestant Monty had already made a deal with?

Offline ThomHuge

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: All New LMAD question
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2019, 08:32:51 PM »

Door #4 chose contestants? I must not have a complete understanding of how LMaD works...

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2019, 08:48:31 PM »
Door #4 chose contestants? I must not have a complete understanding of how LMaD works...

It did, it randomly picked a number and whoever was sitting in the seat corresponding with it, got $1,000 free and clear with which to risk on a spin of the dealer wheel or not.

Example:

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2019, 01:18:56 AM »

I definitely recall an episode when I was younger with a lady who was contestant #2 (Her sticker number) being chosen to play for Door #4 immediately after she had just made a deal with Monty. When her number came up Monty said "TWO?!?!?!" with genuine shock.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2019, 01:27:27 AM »
I definitely recall an episode when I was younger with a lady who was contestant #2 (Her sticker number) being chosen to play for Door #4 immediately after she had just made a deal with Monty. When her number came up Monty said "TWO?!?!?!" with genuine shock.

That's funny....and it was sticker number not seat then? How did she end up doing, assuming they didn't do another since she played already.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2019, 10:16:44 AM »
Yes, it was her sticker number. You'll note that the contestants all had numbers next to their name tags.

Keep in mind, this is coming from a 10 year old's memory from the 1980s. I don't recall how she did on her first deal but I believe she turned down going for Door #4. Don't remember if it was a good or bad choice. I just remember her playing back-to-back deals and how surprising it was.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 10:19:13 AM by Alfonzo »

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2019, 01:28:18 AM »
Let me piggyback onto this thread with a related question of my own.

As Monty explained how the People Picker worked, they'd zoom in on a contestant's name-and-number tag to show the audience what he was referring to (for example, at 3:36 in this video).  My question is: did the People Picker ever select a number that they had just zoomed in on?
Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline jmorgan

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2019, 07:57:13 PM »
The episode with that lady who was #2 just aired on Buzzr. In the first deal, she turned down $2,400 cash and got a LMAD Flyer big wagon. During the Door #4, she risked her $1,000 and got a measly $200.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2019, 05:09:39 PM »
The episode with that lady who was #2 just aired on Buzzr. In the first deal, she turned down $2,400 cash and got a LMAD Flyer big wagon. During the Door #4, she risked her $1,000 and got a measly $200.

Whew! Thanks for confirming I wasn't crazy! At least I got most of the info right.  ;-)