Author Topic: Pat Sajak Has Emergency Surgery; Vanna To Step In  (Read 27348 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Pat Sajak Has Emergency Surgery; Vanna To Step In
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2019, 10:17:19 PM »
Did you have your episodes up on a website several years ago before YouTube existed? I remember watching episodes from around that time online, I think either Christmas or a Disney week.

I remember it too. Had em saved even, might still somewhere.

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2019, 11:56:37 AM »
Did you have your episodes up on a website several years ago before YouTube existed? I remember watching episodes from around that time online, I think either Christmas or a Disney week.

I think I remember that too. Those were from a contestant named Shane O'Donnell, who appeared on three episodes from Disney World in May 1992 (late Season 9).

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2019, 03:49:00 PM »
Pat attended a hockey game yesterday, so he'll hopefully be back to taping Wheel soon: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7742771/Wheel-Fortunes-Pat-Sajak-attends-hockey-game-public-outing-emergency-surgery.html

Because of the taping cancellations last month, Wheel is running behind schedule on episodes, so they will be airing reruns for Christmas Week after the two weeks with Vanna finish.

This will be the first time since the late 90's that Wheel airs reruns in the middle season (unless you count 2009 where they delayed the season finale week to mid-July, or Election Day 2016 when they aired a rerun for that day only). I always thought Wheel and Jeopardy! should do reruns for Christmas week anyway like most other syndicated shows. For the most part on ABC stations, Wheel doesn't even air on Christmas because of the annual NBA games.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2019, 04:51:12 PM »
Pat attended a hockey game yesterday, so he'll hopefully be back to taping Wheel soon: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7742771/Wheel-Fortunes-Pat-Sajak-attends-hockey-game-public-outing-emergency-surgery.html

Because of the taping cancellations last month, Wheel is running behind schedule on episodes, so they will be airing reruns for Christmas Week after the two weeks with Vanna finish.

This will be the first time since the late 90's that Wheel airs reruns in the middle season (unless you count 2009 where they delayed the season finale week to mid-July, or Election Day 2016 when they aired a rerun for that day only). I always thought Wheel and Jeopardy! should do reruns for Christmas week anyway like most other syndicated shows. For the most part on ABC stations, Wheel doesn't even air on Christmas because of the annual NBA games.

Are they gonna push the season finale out accordingly then? Or just have one less week of new shows this year. Glad to see he's out and about and better though. Hope he can return soon as well as I am sure he will.

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2019, 09:47:06 PM »
Sort of surprising that since they already taped the shows with Vanna that they wouldn't just do another week like that, just to fill that one missing week (they already have shows for the following week, using the "extra" 6th shows they normally do in when taping a week).

Most likely they don't skip the actual holiday (normally) since unlike Price is Right they aren't on the same network's stations in all areas, though simply plugging in one rerun for that day would probably work for those who do get to see it.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2019, 10:34:36 PM »
Most likely they don't skip the actual holiday (normally) since unlike Price is Right they aren't on the same network's stations in all areas, though simply plugging in one rerun for that day would probably work for those who do get to see it.

Plus for Jeopardy.....what would they plug in? Most all their tournaments are 2 weeks long at least, and they do returning champs so.....the continuity would be off otherwise. I know other shows with them have done them but.....it just seems like it'd be strange. So doing a single week of reruns would really not be practical for them IMO.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2019, 11:24:41 PM »
So doing a single week of reruns would really not be practical for them IMO.

Unless it's a single-week tournament or week-long special which they don't really do a lot of anymore. Those that come to mind which they used to do are Kids' Weeks, and Celebrity/Power Players weeks but they stopped doing that earlier this decade.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2019, 12:55:36 AM »
Unless it's a single-week tournament or week-long special which they don't really do a lot of anymore. Those that come to mind which they used to do are Kids' Weeks, and Celebrity/Power Players weeks but they stopped doing that earlier this decade.

Don't they still do the kids shows? I thought they had.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2019, 12:56:52 AM »
Don't they still do the kids shows? I thought they had.

They stopped Kids Week in 2015 and have no plans to revive it as long as Alex is still hosting.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2019, 12:58:16 AM »
Still fully believe Kids Week was axed because of the Emancipitation incident. I liked Kids Week too. No tournament, just kids showing off.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline ThomHuge

« Reply #25 on: December 02, 2019, 06:34:09 AM »
Still fully believe Kids Week was axed because of the Emancipitation incident.

What incident was that?

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2019, 09:09:42 AM »
Still fully believe Kids Week was axed because of the Emancipitation incident.

Except...
1. They did one more Kids Week a year after that incident.
2. The game was already a runaway for his opponent, so spelling it correctly wouldn't have affected the outcome.
3. The next (and last) Kids Week had Alex threatening to quit the show over a kid crying because she couldn't play Final. THAT'S probably the real reason why they haven't done one since...it just left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.

Mike Richards does love his children's specials, though, so who knows...maybe he'll revive the concept when he becomes EP next season.

Offline imhomerjay

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #28 on: December 02, 2019, 11:26:56 AM »
I hope that he does. It can be inspirational to the kids to see age-appropriate knowledge on display and show they can play the game if the material is written for them. Hell, let them play final for kids week, if only with a hundred bucks or something. It’s not a big deal.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: December 02, 2019, 04:03:08 PM »
3. The next (and last) Kids Week had Alex threatening to quit the show over a kid crying because she couldn't play Final. THAT'S probably the real reason why they haven't done one since...it just left a bad taste in everyone's mouth.
I thought I remembered something like that, and I believe Alex threatening to quit got out because of the Sony email hack.