Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 11/11/2019 (TPiR Season 48 Veterans' Day Special)  (Read 7560 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: TPiR Recap - 11/11/2019 (TPiR Season 48 Veterans' Day Special)
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2019, 10:04:34 PM »
Also, didn't Bob allow the contestant to cut the deck on stage as well?
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline BillyGr

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2019, 08:08:31 PM »
Also, didn't Bob allow the contestant to cut the deck on stage as well?

Was that Card Game or was that in Hit Me (for the cards for the house)?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2019, 10:23:01 PM »
I about died when the person who won It's in the Bag spun before the person who won Switch?.

That said, It's in the Bag was won!  Yay!

I am very disappointed that the fourth Item up for Bids wasn't $1,202.

The Showcase winner's total was gold instead of silver.  I wonder if that'll be a permanent change.

And guys, with the current special deck, there is no way for a Card Game contestant to overshoot the price of the car with a single draw unless they add too much money with an ace of their own accord.  Calm the hell down.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #18 on: November 17, 2019, 11:38:15 AM »
I'm not sure what all the hubbub is over Card Game all of a sudden.

In addition to a couple of the other arguments debunking the idea that the game is intentionally made ... well, more difficult ... in this episode, the contestant chose to stop at a price that ultimately lost (being more than $1,000 below the $2,000 range he needed to be in to win). That's happened countless times throughout the history of the game – contestants stopping too early – and this instance was no different.

If you've got a problem, write the producers.

Brian

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2019, 08:19:26 PM »
The only reason I mentioned Card Game in the first place was because Drew really should fan the cards out so that the contestant is able to reach all of them.

With the new table, someone on the staff should notice this and let Drew know to use a different part of the table to spread the cards.  The new table is absolutely massive.  Is that the largest table in TPIR history?  What table is/was larger?  In this episode's playing, the contestant would have had to ask Drew to move or ask Drew to grab the card for him if he decided to go for the far end of the special deck.

Offline ThomHuge

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2019, 09:08:45 PM »
The only reason I mentioned Card Game in the first place was because Drew really should fan the cards out so that the contestant is able to reach all of them.

Why? We've already established that there's nothing preventing the contestant from doing whatever they need to do to get the cards that are out of immediate reach.

With the new table, someone on the staff should notice this and let Drew know to use a different part of the table to spread the cards.

Why? There's nothing wrong with what he's doing.

The new table is absolutely massive.  Is that the largest table in TPIR history?  What table is/was larger?

I think it actually is the largest playing surface table they've got (not counted are the It's in the Bag and Check-Out counters).

In this episode's playing, the contestant would have had to ask Drew to move or ask Drew to grab the card for him if he decided to go for the far end of the special deck.

And...? There's nothing preventing the contestant from doing either one if that's what they want. Drew's relative inexperience as a Blackjack dealer shouldn't be held against him since Card Game is about 1/70th of his job. We've already established that the contestant can have whatever card they want; at some point there's only so much the show can do, and it becomes the contestant's responsibility to ask for what they want.

Offline jhc2010

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2019, 10:37:30 AM »
Why? We've already established that there's nothing preventing the contestant from doing whatever they need to do to get the cards that are out of immediate reach.

Why? There's nothing wrong with what he's doing.

I think it actually is the largest playing surface table they've got (not counted are the It's in the Bag and Check-Out counters).

And...? There's nothing preventing the contestant from doing either one if that's what they want. Drew's relative inexperience as a Blackjack dealer shouldn't be held against him since Card Game is about 1/70th of his job. We've already established that the contestant can have whatever card they want; at some point there's only so much the show can do, and it becomes the contestant's responsibility to ask for what they want.
What is one reason why Drew should not fan the cards out where the contestant can reach them. I’m failing to come up with a single one but it sounds like you have a list prepared of reasons why this makes sense.