Author Topic: Music Week feat. Diplo, Anderson .Paak & Fall Out Boy  (Read 6081 times)

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
Music Week feat. Diplo, Anderson .Paak & Fall Out Boy
« on: November 25, 2019, 10:35:33 PM »
https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/8544768/diplo-anderson-paak-fall-out-boy-price-is-right-music-week-2020

Thoughts? I only recognize FOB, so I don't really feel much. I'm going to precall a trip to Phoenix due to the song of the same name, but that's about it.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
Re: Music Week feat. Diplo, Anderson .Paak & Fall Out Boy
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2019, 11:26:42 AM »
https://www.billboard.com/articles/news/dance/8544768/diplo-anderson-paak-fall-out-boy-price-is-right-music-week-2020

Thoughts? I only recognize FOB, so I don't really feel much.

I recognize none of them.
And I hate ridiculous gimmick shows. Just play the game.
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
Re: Music Week feat. Diplo, Anderson .Paak & Fall Out Boy
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2019, 12:44:12 PM »
I have never heard any of the music from Anderson.Paak, but critics have loved him for quite some time. He always gets a ton of Grammy nominations, so I see him as a safer pick for hip hop. (Who else would they get, DaBaby?)

Fall Out Boy have sold out time and time again, so I could see them appearing on here without any problem. Calling them rock stretches that definition a bit; I label them alternative at best, but Pete and Patrick have hammed it up on camera before. This could work.

Diplo seems the strangest pick of the three as he mostly produces (and makes terrible country music under his real name, but that's neither here nor there) and has the least screen presence of the bunch. This reads more like a "who canceled?" booking.

Color me surprised that they capped this at three. Why not throw in a country and/or Latin artist to round out the week?
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.