Author Topic: what did you consider a Money Cards win in Card Sharks?  (Read 501 times)

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
what did you consider a Money Cards win in Card Sharks?
« on: November 26, 2019, 11:58:17 AM »
In essence, how much money would the contestant have to have in their account by the end of each Money Cards playing in both classic incarnations of the show for you to consider them to have won?  Technically of course you could argue any time they didn't bust or end up with less than the starting $200 to be a win.  For me, roughly $3,000 seemed the dividing point between simply coming out ahead and having significantly won money.  What was your viewpoint on it? 

Offline ooboh

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: what did you consider a Money Cards win in Card Sharks?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2019, 12:19:17 PM »
I didnít have a numerical threshold for determining a win in the Money Cards; rather, if the eggcrate display flashed on and off after calling the last card correctly (think the Plinko scoreboard if someone wins more than $10,000) then it was a win in my book.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2019, 12:52:45 PM »
Ideally, it would be betting the maximum amount on each card and being right on all of them (doubling the cash, a la It's in the Bag). But since almost no one ever achieved that goal, I'd take any amount that was gained on the Big Bet where you had to bet at least half your bank.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Double Prices is the BEST game.
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2019, 03:23:18 PM »
I didn't have a real dividing line between big and small, but winning on the Big Bet (and winding up with more than the initial $200) I considered to be a job well done.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Season 15 cash earnings: $151,769
Season 16 cash earnings: $62,367

Why is it that the best threads come and go in the middle of the night while I'm asleep?

Online pannoni1

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2019, 07:52:48 AM »
Perry (first couple months with only one change with the base card): $1500
Perry (most of the run): $2000
Perry (push rule): $3000
Eubanks/Rafferty: $4000
2001: $10000
2019: $40000

For the '70s/'80s versions, I believe as long as you got into at least four figures, the scoreboard flashed at the end of Money Cards (unless if you missed the last card).
Now open for tape trading! Please PM me for an offer with a list included.

The list: http://pannoni1.angelfire.com/

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2019, 08:49:03 AM »
Ideally, it would be betting the maximum amount on each card and being right on all of them (doubling the cash, a la It's in the Bag). But since almost no one ever achieved that goal, I'd take any amount that was gained on the Big Bet where you had to bet at least half your bank.
This makes absolutely no sense.

1. Only 1 person did what you initially suggested, in all the times Card Sharks has been on.
2. After you changed your criteria, *every* person did that, because you have to bet half your bank on the Big Bet.

So, using your criteria, if I get to Big Bank with $100, and I bet $50 and get it right, you would call that a win, just as if I had won $14,400?