Author Topic: PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1974)  (Read 18339 times)

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
Re: PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1974 - IUFB #2)
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2019, 08:53:15 PM »
$400

Online PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2019, 09:10:36 PM »
Your bid is $400. I will flip this card and show you the actual retail price...

*ding*

It's $589. You did a bit better there and you've added a good bid to your bank. We add that $400, and it now has...

$898 in it. This is your last chance to add money to the bank. The closer you bid to this final prize, the better.

Take a look at this umbrella stand as George describes it.

George: This hand-painted porcelain umbrella stand measures 9¼ inches in diameter and it's 19½ inches high. It will add a class of ancient China with its birds and branches.

Me: And tpiradam, what's your bid on that?

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2019, 06:23:11 PM »
I had no idea such a thing existed. It could be any price. I’m going to take a shot in the dark and say $102

Online PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2019, 07:59:24 PM »
Well, then. Let's see if it can help you win that prize package. Your bid was $102. Actual retail price...

*ding*

Three and a quarter. Another conservative bid but it puts money in the bank. You have a grand total of...

$1,000 even. Now, if the fireplace is no greater than $1,000 in price, you win the that, the arcade game and the bar set. However, no matter what happens, you get to keep the vacuum, the picture frames, the rug and the umbrella stand. I'll lift this card and tell you the price of that fireplace is...

*mrrrrrrrrrrp, losing horns*

$1,319, and you don't win. Here's another reason why games like these didn't last long. I'm sorry, tpiradam.

We'll play one more pricing game after this message for you!

Online PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1974 - IUFB #3)
« Reply #49 on: December 10, 2019, 08:51:56 PM »
Who are we about to meet next?

George: Someone by the name of TPIRfan#9821! Come on down! You are the next contestant on The Price is Right!

One chance for TPIRfan#9821 as he makes he way down to Contestant's Row. The beauties will now present the final item up for bids.

George: A game table and chairs!

The Hathaway three-in-one poker table from Kingston will make game night a pleasure for you the host and all your friends. Handcrafted with a walnut finish, it measures 48 inches in diameter and it comes with four chairs constructed from birch hardwood. The top detaches for bumper pool; included are bumpers, two cues, chalk and a table brush.

Me: The bidding will start with you, 9821.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2019, 09:04:19 PM »
...Uhhh...

Sure, why not. $1,823. Seems a little too high, but I have to respect the random dice roll.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2019, 09:18:31 PM »
$1,060
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Online PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2019, 09:24:39 PM »
Sure, why not. $1,823. Seems a little too high, but I have to respect the random dice roll.

Is there such thing as a die with 1,601 sides? That's what I'd like to know.

*laughter*

Regardless, $1,823 is your bid.

*ding*

Onto gamesurf who bids $1,060...

*ding*

With that, it's JayC's turn to bid.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2019, 10:40:54 PM »
$777 please Patrick.

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2019, 07:36:26 AM »
I always wanted to do this as well. $1,061.

Online PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2019, 07:30:50 PM »
$777 for JayC...

*ding*

And geniusinmath says $1,061!

*ding*

We'll see what kind of strategy works for the four of you, and I'll be sure to point it out. Actual retail price: $2,146!

TPIRfan#9821, you have won! Employing the random.org strategy sure worked out for you! Follow me back here. This is where we'll play the third pricing game of the show. Let's open those doors and show all the loot!

George: An outdoor theater, a pendant light and a power scooter!

First, EZ Inflatables, this outdoor movie screen measures 27 feet across and 22 feet high with a 11 foot by 20 foot screen. Invite the neighborhood for a movie night or the big game on your front lawn. It also comes with a 1.5-horsepower blower, anchoring spikes, vinyl patches and cement glue.

Second, from Tiffany Lamps, this trillum and violet inverted pendant lamp. Its shade adds a touch of elegance with its brilliantly hand-crafted gems forming a bouquet of ornate flowers. Its curved support features a Mahogany Bronze finish and it takes three 60-watt bulbs so the colors can stand out.

And finally, enjoy advanced mobility with the Drive Medical Ventura 4 scooter! This long-range scooter can reach speeds up to 6 miles an hour and can travel up to 22 miles on a single charge. It also comes equipped with red and blue interchangeable panels and a basket in the trunk for easy, convenient storage.

Me: All those prizes can be yours, TPIRfan#9821. All you have to do is tell me which of the three is the Most Expensive.

Is it #1, the outdoor theater...

#2, the pendant lamp...

or #3, the power scooter?

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2019, 09:44:02 PM »
Sweet, more prizes that I have absolutely no sense of direction for! :P

I want to say that the inflatable screen is nothing, despite being very large. I think I'll go with the lamp, since I think a scooter can be really cheap also.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Online PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2019, 11:03:26 PM »
You have chosen the lamp...

Symbolically, that podium is now lit. Janice, show us the price of #3, the scooter...

*ding*

$1,929. Anitra, flip the price tag on #1, the theater.

*ding*

That costs $2,565. If #2, the lamp is worth more than $2,565, you win all three prizes. Anitra and Janice, would you each grab one end of that card and flip it?

*bell sequence, main theme*

You're a winner! It's $3,597! Enjoy all three of those prizes! I have a feeling we're going to see you in the Showcases real soon. It's coming up after these words!

Online PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1974 - Showcases)
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2019, 01:29:51 PM »
This year's top winner is Plinkoman!

And the runner-up is TPIRfan#9821.

You both know the rules. Plinkoman, pay attention to this first showcase. When George is finished talking, tell me whether you want to bid or pass. Here it is!

George: This showcase contained prizes revealed as we go Wet and Wild.

First, Janice is all about getting wet. But since winter's almost here, she's not going to the pool or the beach. She's instead getting into her steam shower!

The Ariel Platinum DZ972F8 Steam Shower is designed to retrofit in the space of any bathtub and will let you take freshening up into the 21st century. Reap in the health benefits as its 6kW Steam Generator produces steam in just under one minutes. Also comes with an FM radio and digital control panel.

But Anitra feels the need to take a trip on the wild side. She's feeling adventurous as she boards her plane bound for Italy!

You and a guest will fly round trip to Naples, Italy where you'll enjoy a six-night stay at the Hotel Palazzo Caracciolo.

Enjoy the look and feel of this ancient, yet vibrant city as you take in the fabulous cuisine. We've also included tours of Mount Vesuvius and Aragonese Castle. Airfare provided by British Airways.

Finally, Janice and Anitra have settled on doing both. They've reached an agreement on how. What better way to get wet and wild on their new party boat?!

The Suntracker Bass Buggy 16 DLX is easy to tow so you're ready to go. Measuring 16 feet in height, it's the ultimate fishing boat for people who look for space, safety and comfort while having fun on the water. It also comes with a bow fishing deck and two chairs, a pull-out boarding ladder and an L-lounge with underseat storage.

And this showcase filled with ways to get wet and wild can be yours if The Price is Right!

Me: With that, Plinkoman, will you bid on this showcase or pass it to TPIRfan#9821?
« Last Edit: December 12, 2019, 01:37:03 PM by PatrickRox80 »

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2019, 01:52:12 PM »
I will pass this Showcase, Patrick!
1,699 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!