Author Topic: "Guest Card"?  (Read 5339 times)

Offline Stripey

• Outside in Line
"Guest Card"?
« on: May 10, 2007, 04:12:10 PM »
Hi all, longtime lurker, first-time poster. My mother was digging through some old stuff and came across an envelope from TPIR that dates from the late 1980s. Inside was parking information and a card that said "GUEST CARD" on the top. The guest card says that it is good for 4 tickets (this number was circled -- apparently the number of people she requested) to any taping of the show. I went to the newbielink:http://www.cbs.com/daytime/price/community/qa/ [nonactive] on the CBS website, and it said that these guest cards are no longer distributed but are still honored as tickets to the show because they did not have an expiration date. Can anyone on the board confirm this? If it's true, I'm headed to Television City ASAP!

Offline tpirfan28

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: "Guest Card"?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 04:44:32 PM »
Call the CBS ticket office first...323-575-2458.  Tell them what you have, and what was said word for word off the cbs.com FAQ page.  They're the only ones who know for sure.

If they are tickets, plan carefully.  Since you can (apparently) visit anytime...I'd take those and treat 'em like gold.

Congrats on your find!
They can be close at the top, too.
#42SP

Offline Stripey

• Outside in Line
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 05:52:41 PM »
Thanks, tpirfan! The CBS ticket office confirmed that the guest card is equivalent to tickets for 4 people. Awesome! I'm not sure I'll be able to find three other people who can get out of work for the taping, so once I decide which taping I'm going to (pretty sure it will be the 4:30 taping on 5/21), I'll let the board know if I have any extra slots. I'd hate to have any part of this "golden ticket" go to waste.

Offline sharilyn77

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 05:57:46 PM »
Congrats on your find! That's very cool :)
If you do happen to have an extra spot and you do go to the later taping on the 21st, I'd be more than happy to fill a spot! I have tickets for the early taping, but nothing for the second taping.

Thanks! :)

Offline alumniseason35

• 9/19/06
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 06:55:46 PM »
Hmmm, if I was in your position I would hold off to see Bob's last taping in June but that's just me.

Offline Stripey

• Outside in Line
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 08:34:19 PM »
@alumniseason35: It's a good thought, but I probably wouldn't be able to make it. My schedule's pretty flexible in May but not so much after that. Plus, I'd hate to wait until the very end and then get shut out for some reason. It doesn't matter to me as long as I get to see Bob one last time in person.

@sharilyn: We do still wait in line like everyone else, so I think you'd have to choose whether you wanted to attend the early or late taping that day. Just like if you had tickets to both tapings, you'd only receive a priority number for one or the other.

Offline sharilyn77

• Outside in Line
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2007, 10:35:50 PM »
Ah! Thank you for clarifying that for me - I wasn't exactly sure how that worked :)