Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 12/17/2019 (TPiR Season 48 Pet Adoption Week - Day II)  (Read 9589 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: TPiR Recap - 12/17/2019 (TPiR Season 48 Pet Adoption Week - Day II)
« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2019, 10:04:17 AM »
*mouth hangs open*

Wow. Just wow. Amazing what has happened here in the last twelve hours. Anyway...

-I was quite shocked that the utensils in Bag were $3.99. Better be some high quality plastic for that price!
-Whatever prompted Niesha to guess $38K on a Kia Rio is beyond me. Maybe she was trying the use the Cover Up strategy(?) But regardless of that, you'd think she would be lucky enough to have at least one of the other numbers right.
-And what a spinoff! A tie, then a double dollar, then 25K to boot!  :dig:
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline mechamind

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Recaps can feel like a behemoth task.
    • Buy a Vowel Boards
Re: TPiR Recap - 12/17/2019 (TPiR Season 48 Pet Adoption Week - Day II)
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2019, 12:45:55 PM »
I know it's not entirely within the control of show staff, but still, skunked first halves are not fun. As long as the first game is won, you already know one of the bigger prizes is being taken home.

But hey, the first half did have the showcase showdown which brought things back up quickly. My mom even texted about how fun it was to watch that.
Telephone Game was retired because it was lame. (And no, we’re not making that up – that really is the official reason.)
________

Fan of The Price is Right since the 1990's, my early childhood...and really happy that summer break was a thing.

Retro recapper for The Price is Right and Wheel of Fortune episodes. (Taking a breather as of April 25, 2024.)

Sticky Keys champion as of October 22, 2023.