Author Topic: Family Feud Canada  (Read 8152 times)

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Family Feud Canada
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2020, 01:17:21 PM »
Stupidity gets rewarded: Popeyes Fried Chicken is giving the family $10,000 in free food for that blunder.

Yikes.

Offline lejusteprix

• 12/14/2015
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2020, 07:10:39 AM »
Who got left out: Newfoundland and Labrador or Nunavut? I'm sure we'll get a family from P.E.I. soon enough.

Nunavut did although there entirely a possibility that they arranged for a few families to try out in Yellowknife or Ottawa.

Offline Briguy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2020, 12:00:03 PM »
That's a little bit of hyperbole there. EVERY version of Family Feud has had contestants give real dum-dum answers, so this is nothing new.

I'm a HUGH fan of every version of Popeye cartoons (I watch them all on Amazon Prime Video), but even I'll admit that aside from Cartoon Network/Boomerang Popeye hasn't been widely shown on television since the 1990s.

I understand there was a movie, at least in development but possibly also finished but never released (depending on whose story you believe), that was set to be released to theaters in 2016, but never got to that point. I'm guessing there were several reasons as to why the movie never was issued.

Brian

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2020, 12:55:14 PM »
I'm guessing there were several reasons as to why the movie never was issued.

One right off the bat, The Emoji Movie.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #34 on: January 13, 2020, 03:00:57 PM »
Genndy Tartakovsky was to helm the Popeye movie. A test reel was made available and is probably on YouTube.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline jlgarfield

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Rider Pride!

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: January 13, 2020, 09:12:15 PM »
^ already mentioned.

Offline ThomHuge

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2020, 06:24:38 AM »
I finally had a chance to watch one of the episodes on YouTube, this version definitely benefits from an enthusiastic host. His personality is obviously different from Steve's, but the change is actually kind of refreshing--more or less every Harvey episode I've seen has been formulaic to the point of boredom (same types of questions, same type of response from Steve, and so forth).