Author Topic: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 28/Flashback to 1998  (Read 24689 times)

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 28/Flashback to 1998
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2020, 06:27:44 PM »
Why not? $999!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 28/Flashback to 1998 (PG6)
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2020, 08:05:36 PM »
Our bids are $666 from GameShowFan9001...

DING!

...$777 from wpghi5...

DING!

...$888 from 123123123...

DING!

...and $999 from PatrickRox80.

DING!

Of course, you've heard of one-upping in Contestant's Row, but this takes it to a whole new level! Now before I read the actual retail price, let me say good luck to everyone, especially wpghi5, who was here when I came through the Big Doors, and is down to his last bid today. Here we go, actual retail price is: $793. wpghi5, you did it!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(Walking 1976)

(wild cheers and applause)

I am so glad you got up here at the very last moment possible, and as a reward, you will get to play for a great prize. Hey George, what is it?

GEORGE: Get ready to pack your bags, because we're sending you on a vacation to Orlando! (Rachel models it on plasma screen behind audience) (1983 Trip/Vacation Cue #1) (cheers and applause) You and a guest will fly round-trip coach from Los Angeles to Orlando, Florida, for a six-night stay at the Radisson Hotel Orlando at Lake Buena Vista. Daily breakfast and two passes to Universal Studios Orlando are included. It's a prize worth $5,070!

And your game is called Check-Out. We have five grocery products on this table; one at a time, you must tell me the prices of them. Then we'll show you how much they cost, and if your total is within $2 of the actual total, you are going to Orlando! Now listen to George as he describes the products.

(Cue 86)

GEORGE: All right, here we go. First, we have a four-pack of chocolate pudding, a 26-oz. jar of pasta sauce with mushrooms, an 8-oz. packet of mini chocolate chip cookies, a 64-oz. bottle of liquid non-chlorine bleach, and finally, it's a 30-count bottle of ZzzQuil Gummies.

To speed the game up, give me all five of your guesses.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #92 on: February 06, 2020, 08:56:38 PM »
*peanut gallery* $1.29/$3.49/$3.99/$5.99/$8.99
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #93 on: February 06, 2020, 10:12:25 PM »
I thought I was never going to make it out! Anyways I'll take my chances here:

Pudding: $2.49.
Pasta Sauce: $2.99.
Cookies: $2.69.
Bleach: $6.49.
Sleep Aid: $9.49.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #94 on: February 06, 2020, 11:01:14 PM »
When we add it all up, what is your total?

DING!

$24.15. So this means that the real total has to be between $22.15 and $26.15 for you to win. Let's start with the Snack Pack pudding. What is the real price of that?

(first bag pops up)

$1.50.

DING!

Next up is the pasta sauce; how much is it?

(second bag pops up)

It's $2.19.

DING!

We're up to $3.69, as we go to the cookies. They are...

(third bag pops up)

...$3.19, and that makes the total...

DING!

...$6.88, and we still have two more products to go. Next up is the bleach. The real price is...

(fourth bag pops up)

...$6.49, and what's the total?

DING!

$13.37. Now all we need is for that sleep aid to be around $11. For the win, what is the real price?

(fifth bag pops up)

$14.57, and that gives us a grand total of...

DING!

...$27.94, for a difference of...

MRRRRRRRRP!/Losing Horns

...$3.79. Oh, I hate when this happens. You played the game as well as you could, but you just didn't get the desired result. However, the Wheel is next, and you could make up for that loss.

(applause)

(TPIR Theme 1972)

And there you have it. We just played the same six games that they did on June 3, 1998. We still have the Showcase round to get to, but first, the Showcase Showdown is around the corner, so keep it right there!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 28/Flashback to 1998 (SCSD2)
« Reply #95 on: February 06, 2020, 11:08:15 PM »

The second Showcase Showdown is finally here on our Flashback to 1998! I have SilverFirePrime, wpghi5 and geniusinmath ready to spin the Wheel. The one of you who is nearest to a dollar without going over will be in the Showcase, and we have some great prizes awaiting there. If you get a dollar in one spin or a combination of two spins, you get $1,000 and a Bonus Spin, which will award $10,000 for a green section, and $25,000 for a dollar!

SPINNING ORDER:
SilverFirePrime ($645)
wpghi5 ($793)
geniusinmath ($25,609)

For each of you, I need three numbers from 1 to 20, plus the minimum score you would stop on.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2020, 12:10:50 AM »
My spins are 19, 10, and 19. I'll stop at 60.

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2020, 07:35:06 AM »
My Spins are 6, 12, and 19. My stopping score is 65.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2020, 07:52:20 PM »
SilverFirePrime just got his third and final strike, so he's out of the game. In this situation, I'll just get another name from the audience, and the lucky spinner will be tpiradam. Welcome to the show, tpiradam, and you're spinning in SilverFirePrime's place. All I need is three numbers from you and your minimum stopping score, per the instructions in my last post.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2020, 10:17:42 PM »
2, 5 and 8 and I'll stop at 65 or higher.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2020, 11:23:05 PM »
And the spinning starts with tpiradam.

(wheel beeps)

The first spin of the second Showcase Showdown is on the way. And it's looking real good, it's looking real good, my friend...

...you got a dollar!

DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING-DING!

(Dig We Must 1976)

(cheers and applause)

You will get your Bonus Spin in a moment, but first, let's see if wpghi5 can tie you.

(wheel beeps)

Only a dollar will do. Now it's too fast for a dollar, but that's why you'll get a second spin to do that. Your first spin is worth...

...20 cents, so you'll need 80 to tie it.

(wheel beeps)

Think 80 right now. It's going to go right on by, but sadly, it is not coming back. It's the end of the road for you...

MRRRRRRRRP!

(audience groans)

...and man, that hurts, being over by a nickel. But at least you made it on stage on the last One-Bid, and I'm glad you did. See you next time. Now geniusinmath is next.

(wheel beeps)

Let's see if you can achieve a tie. No, you won't get it on the first spin, but let's see what you do get. It is going to be worth...

...55 cents, so you need 45 to stay in the game.

(wheel beeps)

All you need is 45 cents, and here it comes, but sadly it's too fast for it.

You only got 25, and that's not going to be enough; thanks for playing.

(resets wheel to 5-cent space)

So tpiradam, you will be in the Showcase at the end of the show, as a substitute spinner for SilverFirePrime. Now you're going to take this one spin, and let me remind you that if you get one of the two green sections, you win $10,000, and if you get the dollar, you win $25,000! But you have to get it all the way around at least once, or it won't count, and you can't spin again.

(wheel beeps)

It's funny that back in 1998, if you got a dollar in your Bonus Spin, you would win $10,000, and a green section was worth $5,000. Speaking of a green section, here comes one, and that's more money for you!

CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-CLANG-CLANG!

(Dig We Must 1976)

(wild cheers and applause)

Congratulations, you got $11,000 total! And you're not done yet, because you will be in the Showcase! It's coming up on the other end of this break, so don't go away.

Offline wpghi5

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2020, 12:08:16 AM »
Glad I made it on stage in the last possible moment! Until the next hour show Teddy!

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Teddy's TPIR: Episode 28/Flashback to 1998 (SHOWCASES)
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2020, 12:41:33 AM »
(TPIR Theme 2007)

It's Showcase time here on The Price is Right, with tpiradam, who pinch-hit for SilverFirePrime, as the Top Winner, and Hag as the Runner-Up. Each of you will have a Showcase of lovely prizes to bid on, and the one of you who is closer to the actual retail price of your Showcase without going over will win it. But if you are the winner, and you are $250 or less away from the retail price of your own Showcase, we will give you both Showcases! It wasn't too long after the original episode aired that they decided to raise the Double Showcase range from less than $100 to $250 or less, by the way. tpiradam, as the Top Winner, you can either bid on the first Showcase or pass it to Hag and wait for the second one. So let's take a look at Showcase #1!

(1972 Showcase Cue #1)

GEORGE: Well, since we played the same six games on June 3, 1998, let's take a look at the prizes that were won in that day's Showcase. And it all started off with a queen bed! (Rachel models it in Door #1) (applause)

This Wesley Allen Brookshire Brass Queen Bed features a sturdy frame and fine polished finish, which makes a great centerpiece for your bedroom. And take a comfortable night's sleep on this Serta Special Edition II Plush Mattress, featuring durable box spring construction and a soft memory foam outer covering. Then the second prize in the Showcase was an exerciser! (James models it between Doors #1 and #2) (applause)

Get your workouts in with this Bowflex Max Trainer M8 exerciser, with an MP3 jack, cooling fan and full electronic display. Then the next two prizes after that were a washer/dryer and settee! (Rachel models them in Door #2) (applause)

First, this Maytag washer/dryer combo features a 5.3 cubic foot top load washer with deep clean option and an 8.8 cubic foot dryer with advance clean option. And this Grayson tufted settee from crateandbarrel.com makes a great addition to your home. But that's where the similarities end, because this time around, we're giving you a chance to bid on a prize that was not included in this Showcase back in 1998: this new truck! (James models it in Door #3) (Truck/Van Cue) (cheers and applause)

It's the 2020 Chevrolet Colorado 4x2 Extended Cab Long Box LT, featuring a 2.8-liter engine, six-speed automatic transmission, easy fold tailgate and tonneau cover. So it's a queen bed, exerciser, washer/dryer and settee, plus a new truck to haul your loot in. You will experience the same feeling the Showcase winner had on June 3, 1998, but only if the price is right!

So the question to you, tpiradam, is this: Do you want to bid on this Showcase, or pass it to Hag?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2020, 12:45:21 AM by Teddy »

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2020, 12:59:05 AM »
I think I would like to pass on this one please Teddy.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2020, 01:10:15 AM »
And this means, Hag, that you will bid on this Showcase. What do you say?