Author Topic: FPG 1/31/20 - RESULTS  (Read 252 times)

Online OneBidTris

• Hosting FPG for Season 47
FPG 1/31/20 - RESULTS
« on: January 31, 2020, 12:28:46 PM »
It may not have started out strong and the Puppy Bowl element was far more minimal than expected, but this was a very fun FPG to follow. No rundown this week, I'll just go through the highlights since there's so many things.

8 people nailed L7, 6 of whom maxed it out. 985/Wayo/123 were key picks on Pocket Change, so they'll each receive 15K. 123 managed to max out that game and only score points from it, that's rare. 7 people took advantage of the biggest PA of the day, Switch, including JJ who walks away with over $150K in bonus cash, netting him almost the same amount of cash from 4th as our 2nd place winner.

Our biggest story goes to 985. Not only did he nail the entire first half, but he also successfully went runner-runner and nets those 25 bonus points with 15/64. That being said, I don't know if I've ever seen such a high scoring game determined by the final game. 985 got lucky, if Grocery Game was not won, Wayo would've caused an upset and won. He'll have to settle for only second with a still impressive 14/56. Let's not count out Flerbert in 3rd with 12/54. It wasn't impossible for the last game to have been Pick-a-Pair and he could've won that if it played out correctly.

That was an exciting match sure to rival the big events, the kind of game I love in FPG where mostly everyone scores and scores well. I decided to add in the 2 extra shows here for completion's sake and it's a much bigger pot than expected. 5 out of 7 shows had over 80K won and that includes today's show. Congrats to everyone who played, may next week be as exciting as this one.

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FPG 1/31/20 - RESULTS
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2020, 05:35:38 PM »
Would have done better too if I didn't swap out Pocket Change for conflicting with Lucky $even - in both games you are buying the car for a small amount of money.
"Drew is the greatest at the show that Drew does...how do we make Bob's show Drew's show?"
~ Mike Richards, Cover Story: The Price is Right, aired June 17, 2018

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: FPG 1/31/20 - RESULTS
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2020, 08:12:19 PM »
Would have done better too if I didn't swap out Pocket Change for conflicting with Lucky $even - in both games you are buying the car for a small amount of money.
That was a reason it didn't even occur to me to pick it. It's not a surprise to find out that those two games haven't been played together in at least the last five seasons and I wouldn't be surprised if it goes further than that. Dirty trick there.

Weirdly, it looks as though Lucky Seven had never been first this entire season, something that now changed with this show today.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.