Author Topic: More info on the original 1976 Family Feud gameboard  (Read 7864 times)

Offline jlgarfield

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Rider Pride!
Re: More info on the original 1976 Family Feud gameboard
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2020, 07:54:09 PM »
Actually.....yes they did. Except for Bullseye. You are thinking of Dawson's one year return the following season. THAT is when they brought the CGI graphics in for the TV audience.

Oh, silly me. Sometimes my mind tends to conflate things. XD Watching a vid of one of the episodes, and you were right.

Offline ThomHuge

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2020, 08:05:56 PM »
Are you really that arrogant? Cu has the power to ban you, and if he feels he should use it, he would be within his right to do so. I suggest you take a chill pill before you get sent to Banville, along with all the other trolls.

And I should care about what you say because...? You defend people who seem to post a lot of the random crap around here. And when you were new, you posted a lot of random crap too.

SteveGavazzi threatened me once before and I let it go. Hardly standout conduct for a moderator. Maybe I'm just extra cranky tonight but, Director or not, CU's post came across like a threat, and I'm in a mood to call it what it is. As for tpir04, if you think I'm a troll, that's your opinion--but I'm not in a mood to pretend I really care what you think.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2020, 08:12:37 PM »
Oh, silly me. Sometimes my mind tends to conflate things. XD Watching a vid of one of the episodes, and you were right.

It happens lol. Our memories can play tricks on us from time to time. Doesn't help that the two sets were almost identical, sans the outdoor decor of the Nashville shows. I feel like either those were a test run for what they wanted Dawson's set to look like, or they just chose to adopt it after the fact, could be one or the other.

Offline therealcu2010

• Director
  • Acknowledge Me!
    • Buy a Vowel Boards, A Wheel of Fortune Community
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2020, 08:14:40 PM »
And I should care about what you say because...? You defend people who seem to post a lot of the random crap around here. And when you were new, you posted a lot of random crap too.

SteveGavazzi threatened me once before and I let it go. Hardly standout conduct for a moderator. Maybe I'm just extra cranky tonight but, Director or not, CU's post came across like a threat, and I'm in a mood to call it what it is. As for tpir04, if you think I'm a troll, that's your opinion--but I'm not in a mood to pretend I really care what you think.

Threat? Nah. Doing my job? Absolutely. I'm good at it, thank you very much. Best in the world.

Either way, I told you so, so this is where we part ways. Hope it was worth it. For a parting gift, please enjoy this one-way ticket to Banville. Let's hope the train doesn't derail en route... I hear it's pretty unreliable.

Carry on folks.
"Nobody cares about the guest stars." - Roger Dobkowitz

"Change isn't always good. Sometimes changing things is a terrible mistake." - Bob Barker

People are tired of the f**kery and drama, but if we'd actually talk to each other sometimes instead of a whole bunch of private conversations with other people, it'd go a long way to perhaps fixing the problems most seem to see in the site.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2020, 08:15:56 PM »
Threat? Nah. Doing my job? Absolutely. I'm good at it, thank you very much. Best in the world.

Either way, I told you so, so this is where we part ways. Hope it was worth it. For a parting gift, please enjoy this one-way ticket to Banville. Let's hope the train doesn't derail en route... I hear it's pretty unreliable.

Carry on folks.

Honestly, I always felt he had a bit of an attitude to put it nicely for a while. So can't say I'm all that sad to see him go. Be a bit less snark around here now, which is not a bad thing.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2020, 08:27:14 PM »
In the middle of typing a response I saw that cu gave you the banhammer. I won't say half of what I was going to say, but lemme just say this: Chill pills do have wonderful effects.

See ya later. Maybe I'll catch a later train.
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Casey

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2020, 08:36:47 PM »
To try and drag this back on topic, Chris Clementson stated that the performance change to the Family Feud board was because the Jacquard computer that controlled it was replaced with an IBM PC, but that was the only change made.  That makes a lot more sense than buying a whole new flip-dot board at $100 per character cell.

Offline blozier2006

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2020, 08:47:27 PM »
To try and drag this back on topic, Chris Clementson stated that the performance change to the Family Feud board was because the Jacquard computer that controlled it was replaced with an IBM PC, but that was the only change made.  That makes a lot more sense than buying a whole new flip-dot board at $100 per character cell.
Thank you for giving the low-sodium version of Clementson's contributions. He really could stand to do without the rude insinuations sometimes.

Offline jlgarfield

• Rider Pride!
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2020, 09:29:26 PM »
^
He said this about one of my posts: "More fiction from the fertile imagination of Randy West."

Eh, as you said, that was quite unneeded, that bit of rudeness and condescendingness.

I wonder what model IBM PC was used, to further my curiosity....
« Last Edit: February 10, 2020, 09:32:33 PM by jlgarfield »

Offline Mark

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2020, 02:04:16 PM »
^
I wonder what model IBM PC was used, to further my curiosity....
Probably a PC-AT 286, or maybe an early 386.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2020, 03:47:31 AM »
Wow.

You know, Thom was reminding me of how I used to react in the old days to people who drove me up a wall, and I wasn't liking the comparison.  I was hoping there was something that distinguished the two of us from one another, but I wasn't sure it existed until I saw this tonight.

The difference is that when people above me told me I was going overboard, I listened to them.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.