Author Topic: Drew Carey on The Masked Singer  (Read 1022 times)

Offline ooboh

• Walking the Golden Road
Drew Carey on The Masked Singer
« on: February 05, 2020, 09:02:06 PM »
Iím not sure how many of you watch The Masked Singer, but on tonightís episode, the Llama was unmasked, and the person behind it was none other than our very own Drew Carey.

Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone on the West Coast.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/19
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Drew Carey on The Masked Singer
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 10:03:36 PM »
Yes! While watching it this evening I heard a clue about "spinning my wheels." I started looking up what other people thought about the identity of the Llama. I thought about Drew during the season premiere's episode, since they mentioned Seattle and being a comedian, but the voice didn't sound like Drew. A lot of people thought it was Danny Bonaduce. But after hearing the clues about the wheels, well, I can't say it wasn't obvious for a true Drew fan- he was playing the accordion (Drew did than on an episode of the Drew Carey Show), we is a Sirius XM DJ (he mentioned this during Music Week), and his outfit had a camera- and Drew has done some photography work.

Pretty neat to see our host on one of the biggest TV shows out there... well, besides Price, that is!
3,176 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline gamesurf

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 10:54:33 PM »
Wayne Brady was the (absolutely deserving) winner of Season 2--probably had something to do with Drew signing on. Expect another Whose Line cast member for season 4?

I really like the show and I think it's a genius idea. I just can't stand the panel... Maybe invite the eliminated celebrities to join the panel?
Quote from: Mark Goodson
"It's the greatest challenge in the world to invent a new game. For every one you see, every concept that is ultimately refined and developed, a dozen are worked on and not worked on, or almost worked on, or dropped because they don't read any more. We test and hammer and test and hammer...

When you finally get it down so that it looks very very simple, that one has had the most complicated amount of work."

Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Health Insurance In A Nutshell
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 11:14:46 PM »
I'll give the creators credit for thinking something original but the show is just too cheesy for me.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/19
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 11:42:57 PM »
Here's an interesting article about Drew being on The Masked Singer. Looks like he had to dodge his coworkers during episode tapings for costume fitting!

https://ew.com/tv/2020/02/05/the-masked-singer-llama-drew-carey-interview/
3,176 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 11:47:11 PM »
Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone on the West Coast.

Yeah, this was pretty obnoxious for those of us who hadn't seen the episode yet.

I would have added a spoiler warning to the subject line with just the date of the show.
"Drew is the greatest at the show that Drew does...how do we make Bob's show Drew's show?"
~ Mike Richards, Cover Story: The Price is Right, aired June 17, 2018

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 11:09:55 PM »
Wayne Brady was the (absolutely deserving) winner of Season 2--probably had something to do with Drew signing on. Expect another Whose Line cast member for season 4?
He said in the Entertainment Weekly interview that Wayne had nothing to do with him signing on since he was already finished with Drew was asked.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • 01/26/15
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 11:07:12 AM »
I'll give the creators credit for thinking something original but the show is just too cheesy for me.

It's a copy of a Korean show.
CSS Champion - Season IX (Part II); G-R Recapper - Season 44 (Part I)

And if you win that trip, you travel to the end of the Golden Road, where we have the most expensive prize ever offered on Golden Road.net!!!! IT IS MORE THAN $481,000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Wild cheering and applause) LOOK WHAT WE HAVE AT THE END OF THE GOLDEN ROAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOUR OWN PRIVATE ISLAND OFF THE COAST OF TAHITI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You and your whole family will fly round trip coach from Los Angeles to Tahiti where you'll sign a deed to a 2-mile across, 2-mile wide island 25 miles off the coast of Tahiti. This island includes a beachouse and more! And if you win this island, you'll recieve A NEW CADILLAC XLR CONVERTIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.
Quote from: bobbingforapples
Why was he unbanned? He hasn't changed.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Vive Froomey!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 07:51:47 PM »
I don't know why White Tiger outlasted Drew, he doesn't even sing - all he does is rap!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life /2011 CSS bronze medalist/Blitz Club

Online brosa0

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Fan of Aussie TPiR!!
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 08:10:16 PM »
I picked both Drew and Wayne as soon as they started singing.   The kind of thing where when you've heard lots and lots of singing from them before, their voices become ingrained in your memory.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Vive Froomey!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2020, 01:53:27 PM »
There's another familiar voice in group B, and it's in the guise of the Taco.  The clues left behind are a stack of video tapes, an anchor, a Rubik's cube and a toy trolley.  He sang "Fly Me to the Moon" as his first performance last week

See if you can piece the puzzle together, I pretty much have it nailed down

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Vive Froomey!
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 10:09:51 PM »
Taco was eliminated tonight.  The panel was stumped by his identity, but I'm sure you all know who it was!