Author Topic: Drew Carey on The Masked Singer  (Read 3122 times)

Offline ooboh

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Drew Carey on The Masked Singer
« on: February 05, 2020, 09:02:06 PM »
I’m not sure how many of you watch The Masked Singer, but on tonight’s episode, the Llama was unmasked, and the person behind it was none other than our very own Drew Carey.

Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone on the West Coast.

Online Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: Drew Carey on The Masked Singer
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2020, 10:03:36 PM »
Yes! While watching it this evening I heard a clue about "spinning my wheels." I started looking up what other people thought about the identity of the Llama. I thought about Drew during the season premiere's episode, since they mentioned Seattle and being a comedian, but the voice didn't sound like Drew. A lot of people thought it was Danny Bonaduce. But after hearing the clues about the wheels, well, I can't say it wasn't obvious for a true Drew fan- he was playing the accordion (Drew did than on an episode of the Drew Carey Show), we is a Sirius XM DJ (he mentioned this during Music Week), and his outfit had a camera- and Drew has done some photography work.

Pretty neat to see our host on one of the biggest TV shows out there... well, besides Price, that is!
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2020, 10:54:33 PM »
Wayne Brady was the (absolutely deserving) winner of Season 2--probably had something to do with Drew signing on. Expect another Whose Line cast member for season 4?

I really like the show and I think it's a genius idea. I just can't stand the panel... Maybe invite the eliminated celebrities to join the panel?
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2020, 11:14:46 PM »
I'll give the creators credit for thinking something original but the show is just too cheesy for me.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Online Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2020, 11:42:57 PM »
Here's an interesting article about Drew being on The Masked Singer. Looks like he had to dodge his coworkers during episode tapings for costume fitting!

https://ew.com/tv/2020/02/05/the-masked-singer-llama-drew-carey-interview/
1,718 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline Flerbert419

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2020, 11:47:11 PM »
Sorry if I spoiled it for anyone on the West Coast.

Yeah, this was pretty obnoxious for those of us who hadn't seen the episode yet.

I would have added a spoiler warning to the subject line with just the date of the show.
"The most famous game on The Price is Right is Plinko..." "Which I don't get, honestly."
~ Drew Carey to Chris Wallace, aired January 26, 2024

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2020, 11:09:55 PM »
Wayne Brady was the (absolutely deserving) winner of Season 2--probably had something to do with Drew signing on. Expect another Whose Line cast member for season 4?
He said in the Entertainment Weekly interview that Wayne had nothing to do with him signing on since he was already finished with Drew was asked.

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2020, 11:07:12 AM »
I'll give the creators credit for thinking something original but the show is just too cheesy for me.

It's a copy of a Korean show.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2020, 07:51:47 PM »
I don't know why White Tiger outlasted Drew, he doesn't even sing - all he does is rap!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline brosa0

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The answer is meat
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2020, 08:10:16 PM »
I picked both Drew and Wayne as soon as they started singing.   The kind of thing where when you've heard lots and lots of singing from them before, their voices become ingrained in your memory.

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2020, 01:53:27 PM »
There's another familiar voice in group B, and it's in the guise of the Taco.  The clues left behind are a stack of video tapes, an anchor, a Rubik's cube and a toy trolley.  He sang "Fly Me to the Moon" as his first performance last week

See if you can piece the puzzle together, I pretty much have it nailed down
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2020, 10:09:51 PM »
Taco was eliminated tonight.  The panel was stumped by his identity, but I'm sure you all know who it was!