Author Topic: The Search for Canada's Game Shows  (Read 6293 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Search for Canada's Game Shows
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2020, 02:55:03 PM »
.....and in the case of "The Last Word", Jennifer Lyall handled announcing/co-hosting/CanCon compliance.

I do wonder, however, how "Beat the Clock" was able to somehow get around CanCon back in the day. Gene Wood wasn't Canadian, Nick Hollinrake never got camera time, and a lot of the celebrities they booked were not Canadian....perhaps the models/assistants were enough to meet the guidelines???

The regulations were really only just starting back then. It went into effect in 1972, just when Gene started. So that might have something to do with it, but hard to say for sure.

Offline Chief-O

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2020, 05:46:55 PM »
The regulations were really only just starting back then. It went into effect in 1972, just when Gene started. So that might have something to do with it, but hard to say for sure.

....and the show moved to Montreal in (IIRC) 1970, back when Narz was still hosting and Gene was announcing. I had speculated to myself that, perhaps, BTC was grandfathered in once the regulations were passed.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2020, 06:05:16 PM »
....and the show moved to Montreal in (IIRC) 1970, back when Narz was still hosting and Gene was announcing. I had speculated to myself that, perhaps, BTC was grandfathered in once the regulations were passed.

Yeah the video I linked referenced that as a possible reason when talking about CanCon's history in regards to game shows. It coulda been.

Offline davehodgson

• Outside in Line
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2020, 03:02:07 PM »
Hi all,

I'm the director of this series. I was alerted to this thread and thought I would pop in to mention that the first two episodes of our series are now available to stream worldwide at igametv.com and canadasgameshows.com!

Also happy to answer any questions you guys have about the show.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #19 on: January 09, 2020, 03:28:01 PM »
Hi all,

I'm the director of this series. I was alerted to this thread and thought I would pop in to mention that the first two episodes of our series are now available to stream worldwide at igametv.com and canadasgameshows.com!

Also happy to answer any questions you guys have about the show.

I would like to just link this to you, since I had an interview in November 2018 with your narrator Wayne Cox.
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline davehodgson

• Outside in Line
« Reply #20 on: January 09, 2020, 03:43:22 PM »
I would like to just link this to you, since I had an interview in November 2018 with your narrator Wayne Cox.

Very cool! Wayne has been a treat to work with, and that "hair and teeth" line is episode 2, ha ha.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2020, 03:47:04 PM »
Very cool! Wayne has been a treat to work with, and that "hair and teeth" line is episode 2, ha ha.

He was wonderful to work with. He and I did this on twitter for interview purposes. I'm autistic and a bit telephone shy. He was completely gracious. :)
Season 41–Season 43, Season 46–Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.
[No, modren is not a typo.]

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2020, 11:32:29 PM »
Episodes 3 and 4 are available for viewing at http://canadasgameshows.com or http://igametv.com

The Canada's Game Shows YouTube channel has started uploading full episodes of a couple of shows plus some individual clips from the documentary series.  Absolutely worth checking out
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoEoTdtFfUSv9GSjQUESN6w
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline FieldsFan336

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Pika!
    • Behind the Microphone: The Rich Fields Fan Site
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2020, 12:48:30 PM »
Episodes 5 and 6 are now up!
Rich Fields' #1 Fan for Life / 2011 CSS playoffs bronze medalist / Blitz Club (sole survivor of the Survivor special) / First QSW 5/9/23

Offline GRWHAMMY the 2nd

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2020, 04:21:00 PM »
going back to the YT channel's uploads, it has a Premiere set for the pilot to "The Mad Dash" for tomorrow (the 10th)