Author Topic: Family Feud: Season 22 (and the show in general)  (Read 8948 times)

Offline AussieEvil

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Not Hurt By Pain™
Re: Family Feud: Season 22 (and the show in general)
« Reply #30 on: October 19, 2020, 12:10:54 PM »
Family Fortunes is so alien to me.
"Fans are clingy complaining dipshits who will never ever be grateful for any concession you make. The moment you shut out their shrill, tremulous voices the happier you will be for it."

Offline Reloaden

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #31 on: October 23, 2020, 09:56:39 PM »
Here's a clip of the new season Social Distance feud its similar to how Canada is setup. Steve stands near the podium

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2020, 12:29:11 PM »
I caught a couple episodes, from my viewpoint, I thought everything was pretty good.  I can't say that Steve felt very comfortable but based on what I hope is closer to short term than long term, I wasn't too bad at all.  I figure in time Harvey will get used to it but so far he and everyone else is managing the limitations to the best of their abilities and better than the best of their abilities.  Just my opinion
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2020, 08:09:18 PM »
I've honestly never seen any of the Canadian Feud other than a few clips here and there. The host does give off a Combs vibe; I need to watch it to see how much he is like Combs was. I hate what Johnathan Gibson did to Combs. It was really unfair to him, even though Feud's ratings were tanking in the final years of that run. We'll never know for sure, but I feel that had a large part to play in his downward spiral that ended so tragically. I always had this feeling that Dawson was bit difficult to work with, especially after he left Match Game after the Star Wheel was introduced. Dawson was a great host, don't get me wrong, but had a very fragile ego, it seems. But even the great Richard could bring Feud back to life his last go around.

Did you notice that:

1.  Family Feud US (Harney) airs at 1 and 1:30 on City TV, competing with Family Feud (Combs) at 1 and Family Feud (Dawson) at 1:30 on Game TV.
2.  Family Feud Canada airs at 7:30 on CBC, competing with Family Feud (Harvey) on GSN.

So we're essentially getting Family Feud competing against itself.

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2020, 11:06:24 AM »
Did you notice that:

1.  Family Feud US (Harney) airs at 1 and 1:30 on City TV, competing with Family Feud (Combs) at 1 and Family Feud (Dawson) at 1:30 on Game TV.

This is interesting.....I'd be highly curious which block rates higher.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #35 on: October 31, 2020, 04:45:12 PM »
This is interesting.....I'd be highly curious which block rates higher.

Without looking, I would guess Dawson/Combs given the time of day it airs.  If it were later on, I think Harvey would produce better numbers
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline rn

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #36 on: October 31, 2020, 05:02:13 PM »

Without looking, I would guess Dawson/Combs given the time of day it airs.  If it were later on, I think Harvey would produce better numbers

Harvey's numbers are going strong no matter what time of day it is for sure.  Game TV also airs Celebrity Family Feud repeats of past seasons, And competes with some GSN airings of Harvey's version.  (Basically, 3 hours a week of Steve Harvey competing against himself)