Author Topic: 2020 MLB Season  (Read 21309 times)

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
Re: 2020 MLB Season
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2020, 11:33:39 PM »
And Will Smith just homered off of Will Smith!
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2020, 11:57:52 PM »
And now the Braves don't feel like clinching either.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #92 on: October 17, 2020, 12:17:22 AM »
I think Tampa is done.  I actually concluded that before Game 6.  I was actually surprised that they were fortunate enough to win Game 3, while unlucky in Game 4; losing Game 5 was very painful since the line up & starters were ones in which the Rays probably wouldn't be able to score while starting pitching was unable to last long.  Houston's bullpen is not bad, but I cannot say the same for Tampa.

In my opinion, this pales in comparison to the 2004 Yankees.  Unlike New York, the Rays are a small market team where a postseason run is a nice bonus.  Furthermore, they're playing 7 games in 7 days.  That being said, there's no excuse to blow a series lead.  The Astros are playing 7 games in 7 days as well.  The 2004 collapse was a lot more painful based on the participants; at the same time it might have been a nice treat for the other half!

"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #93 on: October 17, 2020, 01:06:39 AM »
I legit have ZERO gut feeling about Astros-Rays game 7. It legit won't surprise me whichever way it goes.

The aforementioned 2004 ALCS is a major reason I consider Mariano Rivera to be overrated as he blew back to back saves in games 4 and 5 of that series and played a key role in the 2004 Yankees becoming the 1st team to blow a 3-0 lead.

I predict the Braves win the NL pennant tomorrow. I think Fried gets the job done.  You can't write off the Dodgers off because of their strong lineup but Fried pitched really well in game 1 and I see no reason he can't do it again.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #94 on: October 17, 2020, 06:53:15 AM »
I started to get  a good feeling about Houston after game 5. Momentum is clearly on their side now.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #95 on: October 17, 2020, 09:19:22 AM »
If Atlanta doesn't win today, they will not win the decider tomorrow. It's a long standing stigma with Atlanta teams. The team favored against them kicks it up a notch when the chips are down. I hope I'm wrong, but while my heart says Braves,  my wallet says Dodgers.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #96 on: October 17, 2020, 11:51:29 AM »
In my opinion, this pales in comparison to the 2004 Yankees.  Unlike New York, the Rays are a small market team where a postseason run is a nice bonus.  Furthermore, they're playing 7 games in 7 days.  That being said, there's no excuse to blow a series lead.  The Astros are playing 7 games in 7 days as well.  The 2004 collapse was a lot more painful based on the participants; at the same time it might have been a nice treat for the other half!
Not to mention being played at a neutral site this year, with only a small amount of fans allowed. The Rays still have no excuse if they lose tonight, they didn't get the overall #1 seed just out of luck. That said, the Astros have a lot of fight and are embracing the role of being the enemy.

The aforementioned 2004 ALCS is a major reason I consider Mariano Rivera to be overrated as he blew back to back saves in games 4 and 5 of that series and played a key role in the 2004 Yankees becoming the 1st team to blow a 3-0 lead.
That's pretty unfair. The Red Sox in 2004 were really the only team besides the Diamondbacks in game 7 of the 2001 World Series to get to him, otherwise Mariano was spectacular in the playoffs.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #97 on: October 17, 2020, 05:50:11 PM »
Max Fried surrenders back-to-back jacks in L.A.'s three-run first.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #98 on: October 17, 2020, 07:52:29 PM »
If Atlanta doesn't win today, they will not win the decider tomorrow. It's a long standing stigma with Atlanta teams. The team favored against them kicks it up a notch when the chips are down. I hope I'm wrong, but while my heart says Braves,  my wallet says Dodgers.

The 1992 Pirates might disagree with that statement.  Atlanta might blow a 3-1 lead, but they still have to play Game 7 to decide whom from the NL will face Houston or whomever emerges from the AL

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #99 on: October 17, 2020, 08:12:37 PM »
Dodgers take game six. Winner-take-all tomorrow night.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #100 on: October 17, 2020, 08:37:12 PM »
Fried actually pitched really well after that disastrous 1st inning. The Braves shot themselves in the foot by not being able to score. The Braves actually loaded the bases with no outs in the 2nd inning and didn't score in that inning. Meanwhile, Jansen has his business together as he recorded a 6 pitch save. With Fried off the board for the Braves, you gotta favor the Dodgers in game 7.

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #101 on: October 17, 2020, 08:41:47 PM »
This is the first time since 2004 that both LCS's have gone to a game 7. (Baseball writer Jayson Stark has called the 2004 NLCS the best postseason series no one saw--while the Red Sox were coming back from their 3-0 deficit to the Yankees, the Astros and Cardinals were having a crazy back and forth series that got overshadowed.)
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 08:51:14 PM by LiteBulb88 »

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #102 on: October 17, 2020, 10:15:56 PM »
Ian Anderson makes his third postseason start for Atlanta and is undefeated; Tony Gonsolin makes his postseason debut for the Dodgers.

Elsewhere, Tampa Bay has a 3-0 lead on Houston.
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #103 on: October 17, 2020, 11:52:49 PM »
Coming all the way back to force a Game 7, but the Astros lose it. The Rays are World Series bound.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #104 on: October 18, 2020, 12:09:13 AM »
Thank goodness!  That was close; Cash nearly blew it for Tampa, but the Rays survive.

Several are still hoping for Atlanta (man, has to suck right now for sports radio in that area at the current moment).  Either NL team I'd be okay with, but I'd love to see the Dodgers get another shot at a real team