Author Topic: 2020 MLB Season  (Read 21334 times)

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
Re: 2020 MLB Season
« Reply #105 on: October 18, 2020, 12:19:24 AM »
Thank goodness!  That was close; Cash nearly blew it for Tampa, but the Rays survive.

Several are still hoping for Atlanta (man, has to suck right now for sports radio in that area at the current moment).  Either NL team I'd be okay with, but I'd love to see the Dodgers get another shot at a real team
By Cash nearly blowing it, are you saying he should have stuck with Morton longer?

Either way, Morton has clearly established himself as elite big game pitcher. The funny thing for me is, before the game I had NO gut feel for it but now that it's over it feels as though I should have known all along that the Rays would win tonight.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Everyone knows the damn thing's not there!
« Reply #106 on: October 18, 2020, 07:21:29 PM »
By Cash nearly blowing it, are you saying he should have stuck with Morton longer?

Yep.  I get wanting to save him for the World Series, but they hadn't won it yet.  I get thinking he might blow it, but I'd trust a guy that's undefeated in winner-take-all games over a bullpen that is more likely to blow it.  The nerves from blowing a series-lead might've factored in.

Fortunately it turns out it was okay.  I still would have disagreed if the series was back and forth as opposed to a couple 3-game winning streaks within the series.  66 pitches in the postseason isn't much, IMO
« Last Edit: October 18, 2020, 07:25:13 PM by SeaBreeze341 »
"Times change; people change" -- Casey Affleck

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #107 on: October 18, 2020, 11:53:07 PM »
It'll be Dodgers and Rays in the World Series.

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #108 on: October 18, 2020, 11:58:11 PM »
Both number 1 seeds are in the World Series as Hernandez and Bellinger hit key home runs for the Dodgers. I was surprised that the Dodgers didn't go to Jansen in the 9th after how well he'd closed out games 5 and 6 but all the credit in the world to Urias for a GREAT outing tonight.
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll, 3 Strikes.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers, Magic Number.

Offline bigblue999

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • No Flags
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2020, 12:08:06 AM »
Another year, another Atlanta blown big lead.
CSS XIII Silver Medalist

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2020, 12:11:38 AM »
Another year, another Atlanta blown big lead.

Another sport, another Atlanta blown lead.

I don't expect Atlanta to have 20 consecutive losing seasons, but I didn't expect chalk either, given how Tampa blew it but survived, while I didn't think there was enough momentum for L.A. to overcome their deficit

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2020, 01:15:30 AM »
Just shows how Atlanta teams can't handle prosperity.

Just as well, seeing how whoever wins the World Series will have the mother of all asterisks next to their name.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 01:23:00 AM by Ccook »
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2020, 01:34:48 AM »
One other note of interest is that we will now have some kind of a double. Either Tampa Bay gets a Stanley Cup champions/World Series champions double or Los Angeles gets an NBA Champions/World Series Champions double.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #113 on: October 20, 2020, 05:21:23 PM »
I predict Dodgers in 6.

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #114 on: October 20, 2020, 05:28:24 PM »
I predict the Rays in 6.

Offline wink87

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #115 on: October 20, 2020, 05:54:26 PM »
I'll take a wild guess and say Rays in 5.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #116 on: October 20, 2020, 06:07:54 PM »
Dodgers in 5, just because the Rays really looked out of steam when they nearly blew a 3-0.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline SeaBreeze341

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #117 on: October 20, 2020, 06:52:39 PM »
Dodgers in 5, just because the Rays really looked out of steam when they nearly blew a 3-0.

I probably should predict Rays in 4 just off of that fact.  I'll go with L.A. in 5; want to see both the Dodgers and Tampa win (meaning I'll be okay with either team winning), but I'm rooting for Tampa more than Los Angeles

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #118 on: October 20, 2020, 11:36:30 PM »
Kershaw pitches a rare gem, and the Dodgers take Game 1.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 67 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #119 on: October 21, 2020, 12:46:38 AM »
As a SoCal native, I must go with the Dodgers by default. They're off to a good start.
"No man is exempt from saying silly things; the mischief is to say them deliberately."
--Michel de Montaigne