Author Topic: Episodes that never aired  (Read 15848 times)

Offline Mr. Weatherman

Re: Episodes that never aired
« Reply #45 on: February 20, 2020, 06:19:22 PM »

Pardon my language, but I call bullshit on this. Source?

Here are my sources:
Lost Media Archive: [snip] In 2001, yet another episode went unaired due to two contestants switching places in order to cheat. It is not known if any more episodes like this exist or what has become of these other ones. None of the ones mentioned in this paragraph have surfaced."

It’s quite coincidental that this very site we’re on here existed back in 2001 with several active members from back then still with us today — yet not only are they not confirming this, but the FAQ has no mention of it (and just to prove I’m not crazy, I looked at the FAQ just now to verify what I already knew). 

This didn’t happen.  Stop trying to convince us that it did.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #46 on: February 20, 2020, 06:19:52 PM »
What do you call this?

I think it'd be the original 3rd.....not the one that replaced it.

Offline gameshowfandanny

• Outside in Line
« Reply #47 on: February 20, 2020, 06:22:00 PM »
Here are my sources:
Lost Media Archive: [snip] In 2001, yet another episode went unaired due to two contestants switching places in order to cheat. It is not known if any more episodes like this exist or what has become of these other ones. None of the ones mentioned in this paragraph have surfaced."

It’s quite coincidental that this very site we’re on here existed back in 2001 with several active members from back then still with us today — yet not only are they not confirming this, but the FAQ has no mention of it (and just to prove I’m not crazy, I looked at the FAQ just now to verify what I already knew). Also, what website was the FAQ you read from.

Sorry. I didn't make up the information, I got it from Lost Media Archive and TV Tropes.

This didn’t happen.  Stop trying to convince us that it did.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 06:25:39 PM by gameshowfandanny »

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #48 on: February 20, 2020, 06:25:49 PM »
No, the actual third episode did get yanked. That is fact, as far as we know. The replacement for that episode aired that Friday.

You can even read the recap for that episode if you want.

Ergo, he’s a troll. I’ve sent a PM to Steve about this

From his presence on the BAV boards, I can vouch for him as more of an eager, newer fan to these boards, wanting to contribute however they can. Anyways, welcome aboard to these boards, since I don't think you got a formal welcome here.

It’s quite coincidental that this very site we’re on here existed back in 2001 with several active members from back then still with us today — yet not only are they not confirming this, but the FAQ has no mention of it (and just to prove I’m not crazy, I looked at the FAQ just now to verify what I already knew). 

That wikia post was just a bad version of a TV tropes page. It looks like it happened on Contestants' Row, which did happen, as I quoted earlier.

The original Wednesday show, taped on June 26 and redesignated at some point as episode #1513X, was never aired, apparently because two contestants ended up in the wrong spots in Contestants' Row at some point during the proceedings; it was replaced with a new episode #1513K, taped on September 11. According to our member MrBill1978, who was at the taping of episode #1513X, the two episodes had identical prizes and pricing game lineups.

Anyways, gameshowfandanny, just be careful for what you post, since that can lead to confusion.

"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline gameshowfandanny

• Outside in Line
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2020, 06:27:21 PM »
No, the actual third episode did get yanked. That is fact, as far as we know. The replacement for that episode aired that Friday.

You can even read the recap for that episode if you want.

Anyways, gameshowfandanny, just be careful for what you post, since that can lead to confusion.
Thanks for the advice! I'm confused. If it didn't air, then how is there a recap?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2020, 06:32:23 PM by gameshowfandanny »

Offline gameshowfandanny

• Outside in Line
« Reply #50 on: February 20, 2020, 06:52:11 PM »
I see there is an FAQ here. I think that's what PayTheRent was talking about.

Offline djsquare

• Taking a Bonus Spin
    • tpirmodels.com
« Reply #51 on: February 20, 2020, 07:12:49 PM »
What do you call this?
The show that replaced the unaired one!

Offline Torgo

• TPiR Alumnus
  • Essential to the Experience
    • Torgo Entertainment
« Reply #52 on: February 20, 2020, 07:44:24 PM »
Ergo, he’s a troll.

It's rude to automatically assume someone's a troll.

Drastically misinformed, sure.
Torgo has left the building. John and I never really cared for the way he presented himself.

Offline GameShowFan1987

• Double Showcase Winner
  • The Bob
    • The New Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #53 on: February 20, 2020, 09:03:00 PM »
Thanks for the advice! I'm confused. If it didn't air, then how is there a recap?

There are people on these boards who have (or at least did have) connections to the show itself and this information was taken from records kept either by the show itself or someone who was on the production staff at the time.  I see that you've come across the site's FAQ.  Definitely a great source to read through when you have the time.  It answers a lot of questions people have about the show.

The actual retail price is...

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: February 20, 2020, 09:08:28 PM »

Yeah I know, I was saying the episode there woulda been the replacement, or I thought anyway, but....that's wrong I realize now so mea culpa on that.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #55 on: February 20, 2020, 10:28:40 PM »
Just to clear up any confusion, the video on the previous page is actually the September 5 episode (#0012D).  The airdate of September 6 is correct, but only because that week was aired out of order.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline gameshowfandanny

• Outside in Line
« Reply #56 on: February 21, 2020, 09:56:53 AM »
Also, when I said it happened in the showcase and it actually happened in contestants' row, I got mixed up because I thought it was two people and the showcase has two people.

Offline goodboy16

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #57 on: February 22, 2020, 01:03:04 AM »
3. An episode taped in 1976 was not aired for unknown reasons.

This is the first I heard about this. Does anyone happen to know when in 1976 it was taped or when it was intended to air?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Loyal Friend and True &
  • Director
« Reply #58 on: February 22, 2020, 02:22:50 AM »
There is no such episode.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline gameshowfandanny

• Outside in Line
« Reply #59 on: February 22, 2020, 09:45:16 AM »
There is no such episode.
I found everything from TV Tropes and Lost Media Archive, as I said. I did not have any knowledge of any of these incidents before I read about them on TV Tropes and Lost Media Archive.