Author Topic: PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1975) - END  (Read 23438 times)

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1975)
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2020, 07:55:53 AM »
Not sure how I ended up in the first spot when I was the first contestant called on down and should be in the last position... Guess I got a bit too excited when the generic polka music was piped in. 🥴😝

All my first four calldowns are left to right. In this case, the music will reach you last. That's a good thing, right?  :P

PayingTheRent bids $800...

*ding*

GameShowFan9001?

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
Re: PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1975) - IUFB1
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2020, 04:09:52 PM »
ERROR $404: KNOWLEDGE OF ACCORDION PRICES NOT FOUND

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #17 on: February 25, 2020, 06:10:06 PM »
Looks like we broke GameShowFan9001 but still we got a bid.

*ding*

geniusinmath?

Offline geniusinmath

• Walking the Golden Road
  • Hi I didn't see you there. I'm Michael.
« Reply #18 on: February 25, 2020, 06:19:22 PM »
$801.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #19 on: February 25, 2020, 06:20:29 PM »
Hey! That's rude, you shouldn't bid $1 more than somebody!

$803.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2020, 10:21:21 PM »
geniusinmath bids $801...

*ding*

But gamesurf responds with $803!

*ding*

How would it be if the actual retail price was right in the middle? Neither of you have to worry because the price of that accordion is $1,499. gamesurf wins it!

Wasting no time coming out of Contestant's Row. gamesurf, I want you to stand right here. See this sign?

It can only mean one thing. You, my friend, are going to walk the Golden Road! There are four stops on this road. I'll go through each of them one by one. The first one's actually right here. We start small with this can of Goya tomato sauce.

That can could help you win this prize over yonder...

George: A set of cookware!

From Calphalon, this eleven-piece set of contemporary nonstick cookware is made of heavy-gauge aluminum, ensuring an even-heat system for durability. Cook healthier and smarter with less fat for a gourmet dish each time, and each pan and cover are dishwasher-safe.

Me: Should you win that, we get to walk further down the Golden Road. The next spot has this prize that could be all yours...

George: A display cabinet!

Handcrafted with a walnut finish and pecan veneers, the Rhapsody Bunching from the Hooker furniture company will add a touch of class to any room in the house. Proudly display all your favorite possessions or heirlooms with its five storage shelves, plus its touch-activated light will draw all the attention you need to strike up a conversation.

Me: And I've been waiting for this part. You can see why. I want you to win that so you can continue on down to the end of the Golden Road. Of course, the prize at the end of the Golden Road is wonderful. It is incredible. And boy is it expensive. gamesurf, the prize at the end of this show's Golden Road is worth more than...

SEVENTY-SIX THOUSAND DOLLARS!

George, don't keep us waiting any longer!

George: You got it, Patrick. Behind those doors and underneath that rainbow... a Range Rover!

A brand new 2020 Land Rover Range Rover Sport HSE! Be in control of the most dynamic Range Rover, designed to command attention no matter where you take it. It comes with a 3.0-Liter Diesel 254-horsepower engine, Sirius XM Satellite Radio, a 10-inch touch screen with navigation system, a Wi-Fi hotspot, parking assist and a blind-spot monitor.

Let's get you to that Range Rover, gamesurf. This tomato sauce right here costs 59¢.

Follow me if you please. Right this way. I'm going to have you stop on this mark right here. Wait, wrong show. We're here at the end of the first leg. There are three numbers in the price of the cookware...

Those are the last two digits. What you have to do is find the first number in its price. We've narrowed it down to the numbers from the tomato sauce. Do you believe the price of the cookware starts with 5 or 9?

Online pathfinder20

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2020, 10:50:27 PM »
*From the audience* 9!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #22 on: February 25, 2020, 11:15:56 PM »
Oh, me, oh, my. My favorite game!

Those pots and pans sure look nice but I don't know if they're $930 nice. That's like $90 a pot.

I'll cross my fingers and say 5.
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2020, 12:20:48 AM »
You say it's five. I'm going to rest my hand on this tab, and we all hope to see that the five is the first number. Ready, and...

*bell sequence*

You got it! And someone in the peanut gallery doubted you. Just know that you have a set of cookware and that audience member doesn't. It also means I get to lead you further down the Golden Road. We'll come to a stop at the cabinet. This prize has four digits in its price.

You need to find the second number. It comes from the price of the cookware you figured out earlier. Is that cabinet $4,502, $4,302 or $4,002, gamesurf?

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2020, 01:35:53 AM »
Huh, it's not 0. This setup was nice enough to leave two options.

5 was the number that was just picked, and there's that myth/psychological thing about not using the same number twice in a row, so if this is a nice setup, I should not pick 5.

But that would leave choices of 4/3/0/2 for the car, which would be an extremely tricky setup, which might not be characteristic of a setup that would be nice enough to leave a 0. So if this is a nice setup, I should not pick the number which would lead to more difficulty with the car, which would be 3.

But maybe this is intended to be a tricky setup; after all, a $930 prize would have made the second setup much easier because a $9/3 spread is easier than a $5/3 spread. So if this is a tricky setup, I should assume the second prize would be tricky as well, and therefore I should not pick 5.

But if this was intended to be a tricky setup, you would expect a player to know that the setup was intended to be tricky, so clearly I should not do the expected and pick the 3.

I guess I'll take the 3.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2020, 12:33:28 PM »
Going with 3. If we see a 3 here, you get to walk on over to the Range Rover. One, two three...

*buzzer*

Oof! So sorry about that, it was the 5 again. Guess that choice seemed too obvious. We'll get to see you in the Showcase Showdown later on with the accordion and the cookware in tow.

We'll be back after this message for you!

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: PatrickRox80's The Price is Right: Seasons (1975) - IUFB2
« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2020, 12:43:22 PM »
For those of you who are curious, here is the price of the Range Rover:

And now back to the show...

George, you've already called four contestants but I see three here ready to see the next item up for bids. How can you solve this paradox?

George: I'll do that by telling 123123123 to come on down! You're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

Me: And boy did he ever! Our next segment continues with item being wheeled onto the set.

George: A new mountain bike!

The Mason Trail mountain bike from Diamondback has fat tires and wide rims, perfect for navigating through any kind of trail. It gives you more power to climb with unmatched traction, giving you good vibes as you traverse at your own speed.

Let's start the bidding with 123123123.

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2020, 07:50:16 AM »
Less than five hours left for 123123123 to bid.

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2020, 08:41:29 AM »
If I have to be the one to start the bidding round a second time, I may chuck a Plinko chip at the camera. 😝
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline PatrickRox80

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #29 on: February 27, 2020, 12:57:47 PM »
*buzzer*

Time's up, and no bid from our most recent call-down means I have to move on. PayingTheRent, go ahead.