Author Topic: official-branded Plinko board game possibly coming  (Read 10429 times)

Offline COINBOYNYC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: official-branded Plinko board game possibly coming
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2020, 01:51:41 PM »
Link, please?

I checked the Target website and nothing came up under a search for "Plinko."  The closest they had was "Plink Garbage Disposal Freshener and Cleaner," not exactly the same thing.

Fun fact: Evelyn Wong, the 5th person to be called on the first show (9/4/72), was actually the very first contestant to directly be called to come on down!  The original first four (Sandy Flornor, Paul Levine, Connie Donnel, Myra Carter) were individually told to stand up, and then, as a group, were invited to come on down.

Offline RatRace10

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2020, 02:04:46 PM »
^^ They should offer those things in Grocery Game one day!  :oldlol:

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2020, 02:37:55 PM »
New S49 pricing game confirmed: Plink! Drop the scented ball in the garbage disposal, choose one of 5 switches (earn more by pricing grocery items, all of which are packets of Plink) and if you turn on the garbage disposal you win $10,000!
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2020, 06:02:14 PM »
Link, please?

I checked the Target website and nothing came up under a search for "Plinko."  The closest they had was "Plink Garbage Disposal Freshener and Cleaner," not exactly the same thing.

https://buffalogames.com/plinko/?fbclid=IwAR3H63aKV6pjqpIGADyJVjXgGzcbZaVnn-6Tlpbjwo6zi0vLaM_g3fKAjVY

Per the manufacturer, it’s “coming soon.”

Finally tracked down where I first found it.  Wink Martindale posted about it on Facebook a few days ago.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2020, 01:08:44 PM »
Link, please?

That's because it's not "officially" out. Most Targets have told folks to check back Sunday (when they'd start a new floor set) for the game. So, it doesn't show up online or on their in-store kiosks (when searching for it by name), though it is in their system should you find it and purchase it as it's been put out early by some Targets.

"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2020, 03:10:40 PM »
I found it at my Target! It was hidden behind two bigger games on clearance. It's awesome!  :-D

Offline sayingsorry

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2020, 07:40:53 AM »
It's available online!

https://www.target.com/p/plinko-play-the-price-is-right-8217-s-most-popular-game-at-home/-/A-79396282

If you have a Red Card it is $38 + tax and free shipping!

Offline EvilChameleon

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2020, 10:45:28 AM »
Awesome, thanks for the heads up! Bought one.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2020, 10:11:48 AM »
Adam Nedeff over at GSF just posted this a little while ago...buyer beware?

CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline TPIRighteous

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2020, 11:56:34 AM »
Thanks for posting that video. I thought about going over to my local Target to pick it up today, but... yikes!

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2020, 12:45:28 PM »
Eh, to each their own. If the Plinko board is that bad, I'm more inclined to buy it  :-)

It looks like the pucks falling out can be remedied by decreasing the angle of the board and the table, which might require a bit of cutting into the plywood holders, but shouldn't be that hard of a fix. The fact that it costs 40 bucks in that condition is still pretty bad.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline RatRace10

« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2020, 01:50:24 PM »
You can put rubber bands around the pegs like the grid they use on the show. You can't do anything about the gaps by the yellow borders, though. But they definitely reduce the amount of times the chips bounce off the board. Now they only bounce out sometimes if they reach the far left or right.

Offline EvilChameleon

« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2020, 02:04:59 PM »
The poster of that video also edited their post to say a friend has the game and it works perfectly for that person.

Offline 03F5man

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2020, 10:00:13 PM »
did not see it at my local target. ill give it a few days and maybe try friday to snag one

Offline MCJ04

• In the Audience
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2020, 03:16:17 PM »
Picked up the game this afternoon. Holy cow! This is great! Does a chip fly off the board every now and then? Yeah. But compared to the successful drops, it’s not often. This was a great buy!