Author Topic: Daylight saving time starts this weekend  (Read 450 times)

Offline rodroddyfan

• Double Showcase Winner
Daylight saving time starts this weekend
« on: March 05, 2020, 09:17:06 AM »
Just a reminder that if you live in an area that observes Daylight saving time, move your clocks ahead one hour this weekend

Offline PayingTheRent

Re: Daylight saving time starts this weekend
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2020, 09:45:00 AM »
This may be my favorite tradition here, RRF.

God bless DST.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

Offline Ccook

• Double Showcase Winner
  • 63 years of The Price Is Right
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2020, 11:14:48 AM »
Georgia (where I am) is talking about putting eliminating DST on the November ballot. Haven't heard anything beyond that.
"The opposite of 'pro' is 'con,' that fact is clearly seen...if 'progress' means to move ahead, then what does 'Congress' mean?" --Nipsey Russell

Offline moneygamelover

• Double Showcase Winner
  • Expecto Patronum!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2020, 11:46:37 AM »
In Arizona, we don't observe Daylight Saving Time. With the rest of the country doing so, the net upshot of the this is that Arizona is in the Mountain Time Zone when Daylight Saving Time is not in progress but in the Pacific Time Zone when Daylight Saving Time is in progress. Since my CBS affiliate airs The Price is Right at 9 A.M. rather than the more typical 10A.M. usually used by non Eastern Time Zone stations/ this means I get the east coast feed when Daylight Saving Time is not in progress but the mountain feed when Daylight Saving Time is in progress. 
Adjustments that should be made to pricing games to make them fairer: Secret X: Add a 3rd SP so that perfect pricing ensures a win. 1/2 Off: Add a 4th set of SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Master Key: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win. Rat Race: Add 2 more SPs so that perfect pricing ensures a win.

The following pricing games should be retired because there's no way or no easy way to make them fair: Spelling Bee, Plinko, Punch a Bunch, Pass the Buck, Let em Roll.

The following retired pricing games should be revived: $uper $aver, Give or Keep, Buy or Sell, Hurdles, Bump, Penny Ante, Credit Card, On the Spot, Split Decision, Add em Up, Walk of Fame, Barker's Markers.

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/19
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2020, 12:01:49 PM »
Georgia (where I am) is talking about putting eliminating DST on the November ballot. Haven't heard anything beyond that.

Fellow Georgian here. I would love for it to be done away with!
3,176 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline mellongraig

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2020, 12:03:00 PM »
This just in, if you're in Yukon, the clocks will go forward one last time and stay on permanent DST (meaning they will be on Mountain Standard Time year-round should they move them to a new timezone).

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/yukon-end-seasonal-time-change-1.5486358

Offline LiteBulb88

• 4/15/19
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2020, 12:55:20 PM »
Utah just passed a bill to move to DST year-round:

https://www.sltrib.com/news/politics/2020/02/26/daylight-saving-bill/

It can't actually take effect until the federal government allows it to; right now, federal law only allows states to observe DST on the standard calendar or not observe it all.