Author Topic: Upcoming Tapings  (Read 6864 times)

Offline CBSpromoman

• Double Showcase Winner
    • Patrick’s Place
Re: Upcoming Tapings
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2020, 07:35:43 PM »
The way all the media has been hyping up the fear and hysteria around this...

:roll:
Visit my blog: Patrick's Place

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2020, 10:58:59 PM »
:roll:

I was expecting that from someone......but it's not as if they aren't in part feeding all this. But will leave it at that.

Offline gamesurf

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2020, 10:59:40 PM »
In the 26 hours that comment has been up

• Rudy Gobert and Tom Hanks confirmed to test positive
  • NCAA March Madness to be played in empty stadiums
  • Jazz game cancelled moments before tipoff
  • NBA season suspended until further notice
  • Travel from Eruope to the US suspended for 30 days
  • WHO declares pandemic
  • Italy confirms 200 deaths within 24 hours
  • Dow Jones drops 1500 points

If it was overblown 26 hours ago, it sure is "adequately blown" now.
Quote from: Mark Goodson
"It's the greatest challenge in the world to invent a new game. For every one you see, every concept that is ultimately refined and developed, a dozen are worked on and not worked on, or almost worked on, or dropped because they don't read any more. We test and hammer and test and hammer...

When you finally get it down so that it looks very very simple, that one has had the most complicated amount of work."

Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline RatRace10

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2020, 11:18:29 PM »
The E3 video game expo held annually in June as also been cancelled.

Offline Mark

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 08:52:53 AM »
Maine Red Claws (farm team of Boston Celtics), season suspended.
CNS This Morning broadcasting from Washington, 2 employees at the 57th St. facility tested positive.
Late night shows (Fallon, Colbert), and daytime talkers (View, Live with Kelly & Ryan, Wendy Williams, Tameron Hall), taping without audiences.

Offline MSTieScott

• TPIR Alumnus!
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2020, 01:41:35 PM »
I take issue with "all the media has been hyping up the fear and hysteria" -- let's not paint everybody with the same brush. Shows that rely on the energy of the audience can't ignore it, of course -- The Late Show is going to have a different tone next week, but acknowledging the headline-grabbing pandemic is different than "keep[ing] all that panic and tense energy right at the forefront of things."

Wheel and Jeopardy! especially aren't going to feel any different. What incentive would they have to focus on COVID-19 during episodes that won't air for months?
The statements and opinions expressed above are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the author's employer or any company the author has worked with, past or present. Limit 2 per household.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2020, 01:45:41 PM »
But will leave it at that.

Good, because anyone I catch complaining about how the media is "overhyping" this disease that's 10x deadlier than the flu is getting banned until the NBA season resumes.

I'm not kidding.

(Also, please consider that getting unbanned will require me remembering that I banned you.)
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline bringbackrob

• Outside in Line
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2020, 02:31:28 PM »
It is interesting to see CBS halt production on Survivor and The Amazing Race, as well as tape their daily talk shows without an audience. I'm sure there are meetings taking place at TPIR that we don't know about regarding the future of the current season.

This is all just so insane.

Offline Mark

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2020, 02:42:07 PM »
Considering that there is now a travel ban to Europe for 30 days, will they reshuffle shows that offer trips to European countries other than the UK?

Offline GobGlom

• In the Audience
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2020, 03:46:49 PM »
Good, because anyone I catch complaining about how the media is "overhyping" this disease that's 10x deadlier than the flu is getting banned until the NBA season resumes.

I'm not kidding.

(Also, please consider that getting unbanned will require me remembering that I banned you.)

And as one who works in the media, it's quite annoying to hear people blame us for only doing our jobs.

Offline Gerald78

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #25 on: March 12, 2020, 04:59:54 PM »
March Madness and all other NCAA spring tournaments were just cancelled.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #26 on: March 12, 2020, 05:06:41 PM »
It is interesting to see CBS halt production on Survivor and The Amazing Race, as well as tape their daily talk shows without an audience. I'm sure there are meetings taking place at TPIR that we don't know about regarding the future of the current season.

This is all just so insane.
I mean, it actually makes the *most* sense to halt production on those two shows. They're both filmed internationally and in the case of The Amazing Race, it requires the teams and crews to usually visit densely populated towns and city squares internationally where the virus has spread faster than it has here.

According to a friend who was getting tickets for Sunday and Monday's tapings, as it stands, Price will be instituting a thermal scan before you're granted entry into Television City. Anyone with a temperature of over 100.4 won't be permitted in. In addition, anyone who has been to a Level 3 area of the world as defined by the CDC within the last three weeks is asked to stay home, as well as anyone who has symptoms or lives in a household with someone who has symptoms. Oddly, the thermal scanning appears to start on Monday as it is not present on the Sunday ticket.

Of course, things are so fluid right now that everything is possible to change. The NBA and March Madness had planned to play games without crowds before ultimately cancelling everything. Price could be trying to take these precautions before ultimately deciding to hang it up.
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SuperSweeper

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #27 on: March 12, 2020, 05:35:08 PM »
Per Amber on Instagram, tapings have been cancelled for the next two weeks.

Offline Teddy

• Double Showcase Winner
  • One of the great multitaskers on G-R.net!
« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2020, 05:55:30 PM »
More fallout from the world of sports:

NBA and NHL suspend their seasons
NCAA cancels all winter and spring tournaments, including March Madness and College World Series
MLB cancels spring training and delays Opening Day by at least two weeks
NFL cancels annual meetings, but will resume business as normal, though there may be some modifications to some events, like the Draft and preseason
PGA Tour is not cancelling any events yet, but that could change
NASCAR, Formula 1 and IndyCar will race with no fans in the stands
Summer Olympics may need to reduce its events, but will still be played in Tokyo

As for the game show side of things...

Per Amber on Instagram, tapings have been cancelled for the next two weeks.

Expect LMAD and Family Feud to follow suit, especially since the former is full audience participation like TPIR.

Offline EvilChameleon

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #29 on: March 12, 2020, 06:00:45 PM »
Cancelling tapings is the right move. I'm confident we have enough episodes in the can to support an even longer hiatus than two weeks.