Author Topic: Upcoming Tapings  (Read 6865 times)

Online RatRace10

• In Contestant's Row
Re: Upcoming Tapings
« Reply #30 on: March 12, 2020, 06:21:31 PM »
Wheel and Jeopardy! especially aren't going to feel any different. What incentive would they have to focus on COVID-19 during episodes that won't air for months?

That pic!  :lol:

Fun fact: Wheel of Fortune has never been known to use the word TOILET in a puzzle

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #31 on: March 12, 2020, 06:49:46 PM »
Cancelling tapings is the right move. I'm confident we have enough episodes in the can to support an even longer hiatus than two weeks.

Except for the shows scheduled for April 24 and May 8, they've already taped every episode through June 1.  They're fine for a good while.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline TinoStar11

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #32 on: March 12, 2020, 08:02:24 PM »
Speak of cancelling tapings , from OCA , they cancelled all the episodes they was gonna to tape , from March 15 to March 25. The next available tape that has a ticket request is March 30. So that’s 14 cancelled shows total.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #33 on: March 12, 2020, 08:35:47 PM »
By the way, did anyone see that they've cancelled the next two weeks of tapings?

Seriously, folks, WE GET IT.  Please read the damn thread before you post the latest breaking news that's already been broken.

Offline bringbackrob

• Outside in Line
« Reply #34 on: March 12, 2020, 09:13:51 PM »
 I think someone owes the OP from the locked thread an apology after stating his fears over the coronavirus. This group is too aggressive sometimes. Be kind y’all

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #35 on: March 12, 2020, 10:39:15 PM »
I think someone owes the OP from the locked thread an apology after stating his fears over the coronavirus. This group is too aggressive sometimes. Be kind y’all

I'm of two minds about this.

On the one hand, I glanced through the member in question's posting history, and to put it bluntly, he's a goof.  If he didn't get banned over that thread, he'd have probably done something else to get banned 10 minutes later.  No one owes him an apology for anything.

On the other hand, this does put into perspective how much this has snowballed in just two weeks.  Things that seemed far-fetched literally two days ago are now happening and feel reasonable.  None of us really know where this is going.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2020, 12:25:21 AM »

The original poster got banned because he sent me a personal message telling me to leave this site and tried to start a petition to get me kicked off of here. I've been on this board for almost 20 years and that's the first time I've ever been reported for anything.

He was also banned because his I.P. showed that he was previously banned before he made his new account, thus he was a troll who was trying to stir trouble by pretending to be a newbie. These are things moderators can tell from profile views. Sometimes there's more to the story than meets the eye.
"Audience, if you're scared buy a dog!"

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQ_RRwCfhY )

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2020, 12:25:59 AM »
The original poster got banned because he sent me a personal message telling me to leave this site and tried to start a petition to get me kicked off of here. I've been on this board for almost 20 years and that's the first time I've ever been reported for anything.

He was also banned because his I.P. showed that he was previously banned before he made his new account, thus he was a troll who was trying to stir trouble by pretending to be a newbie. These are things moderators can tell from profile views. Sometimes there's more to the story than meets the eye.

I think the one who made it was UltraPrice, so he's not been banned.
Season 41 - Season 43, Season 46 - Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.

CSS Season 14 Cash: $729,601
CSS Season 15 Cash: $888,251 - All time CSS high for myself in 8 years.
CSS Season 16 Cash: $225,140

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2020, 12:31:19 AM »
I think the one who made it was UltraPrice, so he's not been banned.

I believe the thread by Priceisrightsuperfan93 isthe on in question. I deleted the original thread he posted tiltle "Alfonso (sic) need to leave" after I locked his thread because 1) he said "Mrrfph him", and 2) it was starting to devolve into naming other members who should be banned.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 12:37:21 AM by Alfonzo »

Bryan, the Punchboard player who gave up $5,000 for a chance at $10,000 and won ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQ_RRwCfhY )

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #39 on: March 13, 2020, 12:35:43 AM »
I believe the thread by Priceisrightsuperfan93 isthe on in question.

I think he meant this thread - http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,30988.0.html

I locked that down superquick.

Offline Alfonzo

• Director
« Reply #40 on: March 13, 2020, 12:41:12 AM »
I think he meant this thread - http://www.golden-road.net/index.php/topic,30988.0.html

I locked that down superquick.

Oh yeah, that post. I was confused a sec because Steve was talking about the individual I mentioned. 🙂

No apologies needed. The situation at the time was certainly different than now.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #41 on: March 13, 2020, 12:56:13 AM »
My bad.  I rarely look at Out in Left Field -- I didn't even know that thread existed.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

« Reply #42 on: March 13, 2020, 01:19:50 AM »
My bad.  I rarely look at Out in Left Field -- I didn't even know that thread existed.

Yeah, obviously in retrospect, it was a bad decision to do that. Alas, I apologize to UltraPrice for that.

Offline UltraPrice

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #43 on: March 13, 2020, 05:41:02 AM »
Yeah, obviously in retrospect, it was a bad decision to do that. Alas, I apologize to UltraPrice for that.

It's all good. 

Let's hope Bob doesn't contract coronavirus.  Being 96 years old, he certainly is in the most at risk category.

Offline Muon Duc Huy

• Outside in Line
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2020, 10:47:00 AM »
The difference between The Price is Right and Wheel/Jeopardy is that TPiR literally can't exist without an audience. Pre-selecting contestants would ruin a key aspect of the show, which is of course the excitement of unsuspecting people in the audience being called to come on down. So really the only option TPiR would have would be to cancel tapings entirely and either make them up later or shorten the season. Of course, a bunch of episodes were preempted due to the impeachment hearings, so if they shortened the season, they could fill in the gaps with episodes that were preempted. It wouldn't surprise me if they went that route.

The Vietnamese version of Price even continue taping without audience, and only 7 contestant who were called appeared. When they air on TV they just simply add audience scene from earlier taping before the outbreak.