Author Topic: Upcoming Tapings  (Read 7850 times)

Offline pricefan18

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: Upcoming Tapings
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2020, 08:13:38 PM »
One other thought that came to mind in use of older shows - recently NBC has run Saturday Night Live episodes (or parts of them) some weeks between 10-11pm.  They have varied widely, with some being only from last year or so, and others going back all the way to the original cast - and that could be two weeks in a row!

One of the more interesting ones was one of the musicians (can't remember at the moment who) who was in the 1970's era episode as host/guest, then also was host of the new show later - quite the way to review the (or at least most of the) time span of someone's career!

Hmm, I just went back through the hosts the last few years.....didn't find any older era musicians as host. Kinda stumped on this......am curious too who it was......any hints possible if you can narrow it down?

Offline jude_este

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2020, 08:41:12 PM »
Hmm, I just went back through the hosts the last few years.....didn't find any older era musicians as host. Kinda stumped on this......am curious too who it was......any hints possible if you can narrow it down?

Though this topic has gone off-topic from what it was for, I think the person Billy was referring to is David Byrne, who was the musical guest a few weeks ago.

And to get back on topic, I also doubt they would go back decades for reruns of Price and only go back to a few years ago for reruns.

Offline Superballer

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2020, 09:50:30 PM »
Sounds logical, especially with 12 years of Drew archives to use at present. 

Offline EvilChameleon

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2020, 07:20:41 PM »
If we do get to the point of airing reruns from previous Drew seasons, I wouldn't go any further back than whatever season it was where the set started to look like it does now.

Offline rj2345

• In the Audience
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2020, 07:47:33 PM »
If we do get to the point of airing reruns from previous Drew seasons, I wouldn't go any further back than whatever season it was where the set started to look like it does now.

I think the farthest they would go back for Drew-era reruns is mid season 39, when George took over as announcer. Yes, the set has changed over the 8 1/2 years, but those aren't as jarring to an average viewer as going from a Rich announced episode one day to a George announced episode the next.

Offline BillyGr

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2020, 01:37:48 PM »
One other thought that came to mind in use of older shows - recently NBC has run Saturday Night Live episodes (or parts of them) some weeks between 10-11pm.  They have varied widely, with some being only from last year or so, and others going back all the way to the original cast - and that could be two weeks in a row!

One of the more interesting ones was one of the musicians (can't remember at the moment who) who was in the 1970's era episode as host/guest, then also was host of the new show later - quite the way to review the (or at least most of the) time span of someone's career!

Sorry, I was off.  What I was thinking of (at least I believe) was the one (which was in October 2018, didn't seem that long ago) with Paul Simon.  He was the host & musical guest on the old show (which was actually the 2nd Episode ever done), then musical guest (and it appears also popped in to the Weekend Update, but not host) for the new episode.  Still quite an interesting way to bring old & new together.

I think the farthest they would go back for Drew-era reruns is mid season 39, when George took over as announcer. Yes, the set has changed over the 8 1/2 years, but those aren't as jarring to an average viewer as going from a Rich announced episode one day to a George announced episode the next.

Makes sense, unless they wanted to be extra creative and actually advertise it as a week of "historic" shows (or another way to call it, a "Best Of" from the Drew shows, following on their Best Of shows from the end of the year).

Offline jayfranken

• In the Audience
« Reply #66 on: March 23, 2020, 11:57:25 AM »
I found this interesting note at the top of the On Camera Audience website for Price is Right tickets. Intrigued to see what type of format this show will be, celebrity charity type of show similar to how Who Wants to be a Millionaire taped a couple weeks ago.

Out of an abundance of caution, The Price is Right will tape without a studio audience until March 30th. We are sorry for any inconvenience; however, your health is our top priority.

Offline thepriceis_J

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #67 on: March 23, 2020, 12:19:11 PM »
I think that's mistaken wording on their part. First, I don't think TPIR wants to tape without an audience. It's such an integral part of the show, moreso than Millionaire. Second, with an order in place to limit gatherings to 10 people or less, there's no way they can film the show without breaking that rule since they'd need far more than 10 people (unless they get some sort of special permission).
"WHO GOT BIRDS?" - Snoop Dogg
Coming on Down since Season 20!
Season 13 & 14 CSS Champion

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted, besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2020, 12:22:01 PM »
Additionally, the taping list on the same page lists everything this week as having been cancelled.
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Thatgameshowguy

• Walking the Golden Road
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2020, 12:25:42 PM »
Any show that's currently taping has that same disclaimer on it. Most likely something that OCA put in to every show that had tapings regardless of whether or not production was cancelled.
YES! You have them all right! You win $2,500! You will putt from the closest line!

Jhc2010 putts from the closest line and WINS!!!

Congratulations! Those 2 cars are yours! Now we go to the Showcase Showdown! You will spin first. Pick a number between 1 and 20.

Offline Muon Duc Huy

• In the Audience
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2020, 10:01:45 PM »
I think that's mistaken wording on their part. First, I don't think TPIR wants to tape without an audience. It's such an integral part of the show, moreso than Millionaire. Second, with an order in place to limit gatherings to 10 people or less, there's no way they can film the show without breaking that rule since they'd need far more than 10 people (unless they get some sort of special permission).
Vietnamese Price has been taping without audience lately. They are planning for another taping in April, but they will interview the contestants via video call (before the taping contestant have to gather outside of the studio to be interviewed, in order for the staff to choose contestants).

Offline TinoStar11

• Taking a Bonus Spin
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2020, 11:17:38 PM »
OCA has updated, all the rest of the shows that were supposed to taped got cancelled , and now the without a studio audience date has been changed to May 11. Also , the tpir website has updated as well , with the last new episode of the season ( as of tonight ) is June 1.