Author Topic: Favorite home game adaptation? (Board games, video games, etc)  (Read 446 times)

Offline GasMoney09721007

• Outside in Line
What are your favorite home game adaptations of the show in any medium? Mine has gotta be the first Ludia PC game. There was something so enjoyable about that game, yes it only had 16 pricing games and yeah it's hosted by Rich Fields but I've always had fun with it and it had Party Mode which allowed for multiple people to play. That's why I really didn't like the second edition because it was single player and forced you to play the three strikes format.
Also this may be an unpopular opinion but I kinda liked the Tiger game. Yes the cards made it incredibly difficult to play but I figured out pretty quick if you set it down on a table it wasn't hard at all (which of course defeats the entire purpose of a HAND-HELD game but I digress. I know having only 4 pricing games (Any Number, Lucky 7, Three Strikes, and Squeeze Play) also made it pretty boring but I gotta give credit to them for even attempting to adapt a show as complex as The Price Is Right into a hand held format.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 09:41:15 AM by GasMoney09721007 »

Offline SamJ93

• Taking a Bonus Spin
Re: Favorite home game adaptation? (Board games, video games, etc)
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 12:17:22 PM »
The 1986 box game is probably about as good an adaptation as one could hope for. Some nice art cards that closely re-create the look of the pricing games, and a set of sturdy plastic tiles to play with. Lots of folks like the 2nd edition Endless game, which is OK, but the only art card in that game was Cliff Hangers, which honestly made it kind of dull.

Any home adaptation of TPiR is always going to be a challenge due to inflation, the huge number of pricing games to adapt, issues with using brand names, etc. Generally, they're not really built to stand the test of time.

Offline RatRace10

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 01:25:13 PM »
I like the Jakks Pacific Plug n Play game. Despite the low quality graphics, MIDI music, and generic products, I still find it more enjoyable than the Ludia games because it has a better variety of pricing games and it follows the true 9-player format of the show, so it could have up to 9 human players instead of Ludia's max 4.

Offline GasMoney09721007

• Outside in Line
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 01:31:22 PM »
I like the Jakks Pacific Plug n Play game. Despite the low quality graphics, MIDI music, and generic products, I still find it more enjoyable than the Ludia games because it has a better variety of pricing games and it follows the true 9-player format of the show, so it could have up to 9 human players instead of Ludia's max 4.

I always wanted to play that but could never find it in stock anywhere near me. Won it on eBay a few years ago but the video cable was damaged