Author Topic: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (S2, Episode 3)  (Read 16387 times)

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
Re: The Price Is Right: 123123123 style (S2, Episode 3)
« Reply #60 on: March 22, 2020, 01:54:40 PM »
Going with the car guy in the audience now, 8 for the next number!

To save time, if it's not 8 then I will guess $32 for the compass.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #61 on: March 22, 2020, 03:36:03 PM »
{JayC steps backwards}

{ding, ding, ding, ding, ding}
{applause}

1233: Back on track, now you only have two numbers to go. Plus, you only have two possible choices for this one, either the three to your left or the nine to your right.

Where are we heading?

{loud suggestions from audience}

Offline gameshowfandanny

• Outside in Line
« Reply #62 on: March 22, 2020, 04:18:14 PM »
If you mean the compass, the choices are $11 or $32 NOT $22. In fact $22 is not a choice for any of the prices, so that doesn't help him at all.
I thought it was between.
*From the audience*
$32.

Offline gameshowfandanny

• Outside in Line
« Reply #63 on: March 22, 2020, 04:19:39 PM »
For the GPS,
*From the audience*
$259.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #64 on: March 22, 2020, 08:47:41 PM »
Hmm, I think 3 looks better than 9, so 3.

If 3 is wrong, $32 for the compass.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #65 on: March 22, 2020, 09:02:11 PM »
{JayC steps to the left}

{erooooooooooo}
{steps back to right}

1233: You keep wanting to go left, but the right way is, well, the right way.  :-)

Now you know it's a nine, but before you can step, let's see about the compass. Is it really $32?

{flips down tag}

{ding}
{applause}

{pointing to the nine} Now if you may...

{steps to the left}

{cheers}

Now, you in a pretty good spot. A stressful spot, but a good spot nonetheless.

The final number is either the one in front of you or the seven to your right. Now, I know that GPS is over there, but let's not even try it.

Step to it! No pun intended this time, we're in the final stretch here.

{crowd in a frenzy}

To save time, you can give me a guess for the GPS in case you pick incorrectly
« Last Edit: March 22, 2020, 09:04:12 PM by 123123123 »

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #66 on: March 22, 2020, 09:31:41 PM »
I'm going to go with the 7.

If 7 is wrong, $119 for the GPS.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #67 on: March 22, 2020, 09:58:53 PM »
{JayC steps to the right}

{eroooooooooooo}
{steps back to left}

1233: You don't like making things easy, that's for sure. I think I hear a certain fan out there wishing they were a bit louder.  :-)

Now we all know that it's the one right there in front of you, no two ways about it. It all comes down to whether or not that GPS cost $119. I really want you to have this car.

...before I forget, you get to keep the compass and game no matter what, so yeah...

...3!!!

{flips tag}

{crowd erupts in cheers}

Perfect, go see your brand new car!!!

{steps on one, runs over to the car}

I'm not sure we could have survived such a tough loss there, but no worries now. We have some fantastic showcases coming up soon!!!

{freeze frame of JayC with the SUV, leading into commercials}

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #68 on: March 23, 2020, 02:47:11 PM »

{after some great laxative ads, fade into shot of showcase podia}

1233: Here we are at the showcase round. We have our runner-up TPIRfan#9821 and our top winner so far JayC!!!

{applause}

Now let's take a look at the first showcase of the day, Mr. Announcer?

{camera pans to announcer frantically scribbling in red marker on the prize script}

Is everything good over there?

Announcer: And there. It's all good now, just had to make a few changes to the script to make present day sense.

1233: Um, OK. Take it away then.

**********************************************************************************

Announcer: This showcase is all about giving you an abundance of choices.

The beauty of being such complex individuals is that we love having the ability to make our own choices.

One of the biggest choices we make on a daily basis is if we want to go outside and breath in some fresh air from a safe distance from others or spend a cozy day inside. With some of the virus lockdowns in effect right now, that choice might be made a whole lot easier. Either way, we've got you covered with...

{turntable turns}

...a surfboard and a laptop!!! {modeled by Manuela}

First, this 9.5' long surfboard has a traditional longboard shape with modern updates, is constructed of polyurethane and designed for all skill levels in case you haven't tried surfing before!!!

Then, this Surface Pro 12.3" touchscreen 2-in-1 laptop is ultra-light and versatile plus boasts an all-day battery life, as long as your day is 10.5 hours long!!!

{applause}

Next, if you choose to head outside for essential reasons only, you then have to pick out a rocking outfit. Here at Numbers studio, we have a "great" fashion sense and we hooked you up with two of the most trendy practical outfits we could think of...

{door 2 opens}

...a hazmat suit and a suit of armor!!! {modeled by Rachel, in the hazmat suit}

First, this lime yellow front entry encapsulated suit is made of Tychem and chemical resistant butyl. Yes, it might be XXL, but it keeps you in and almost everything else, including certain pandemic causing viruses, out!!!

Also, this 80 inch tall 16th century spanish suit of armor is made of handcrafted steel and iron, has a metallic old patina finish and comes with a reinforced wood base. If you're really worried, put this on under the hazmat suit, double the protection!!!

{applause}

Finally, now that you are dressed to impress be safe, all you need is a mode of transportation to your event of 10 or fewer people. As always, we got you covered whether you're a city slicker or an off-roader, because you could win...

{door 3 opens}

...an ATV or a brand new car!!! {modeled by Amber}

First, this 20 horsepower utility vehicle has a 4-stroke, single cylinder water-cooled engine, as well as a protective windshield and overhead LED lamp. No helmets included because we just forgot considering concussion aren't the biggest focus in the health world at the moment.

Then, this 2020 Mitsubishi Mirage ES comes has a 5-speed manual transmission and comes with all the standard equipment along with an all weather package!!!

{loud applause}

Of course, staying inside is also a safe and viable option.  :-)

So if your all about making smart decisions, then this is your showcase, but only if the Price is Right!!!!

*************************************************************************************

1233: This is why our announcer normally doesn't have any creative powers.

Anyways, JayC, are you going to bid or pass?

{crowd suggestions}
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 02:49:57 PM by 123123123 »

Offline GameShowFan9001

• In Contestant's Row
« Reply #69 on: March 23, 2020, 03:29:56 PM »

***PEANUT GALLERY***

All I can say as far as prices are concerned is that the Mirage is likely in the mid $15xxx range (low $15xxx base plus the all weather package likely equals mid $15xxx).  I would guess the ATV is ~$5,000 considering it only has 20 HP, but that's only a pure guess and could easily be waaaaaay wrong.  I personally think it would help to at least know the make and model of the ATV since even ATVs equipped the way this one is might have wildly different prices depending on the brand and model.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #70 on: March 23, 2020, 04:48:16 PM »
A very fun and timely Showcase!

I will bid, $27,500 please.

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #71 on: March 23, 2020, 06:21:50 PM »

{ding}

1233: 27 and a half grand is lit up and your bid is locked in, JayC.

TPIRfan#9821, here comes your showcase.

********************************************************************************************

{puts on critic glasses}

Announcer: This showcase is a fair and honest critique of some of our most beloved nursery rhymes.

The first rhyme were focusing on is "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star". Everyone know how it goes, right?

"Twinkle, twinkle, little star
How I wonder what you are
Up above the world so high
Like a diamond in the sky..."

Great lyrics and meaning, I've gotta admit. But loses originality points from me for having the same beat as Baa Baa Black Sheep and the Alphabet Song. 3 out of 5 stars from me.

But you're gonna see a lot more than three stars with...

{turntable turns}

...your new telescope!!! {modeled by Amber}

This astronomical refractor telescope is made of a sturdy aluminum alloy, gives a wide and bright field of view, has a 102mm objective diameter and a 7.0 focal point!! Hopefully all that means more to you than it does to me.

{applause}

The next nursery rhyme to take a closer look at is "Hickory Dickory Dock".

"Hickory dickory dock. The mouse went up the clock
The clock struck one. The mouse went down
Hickory dickory dock"

Short and succinct, straight to the point, you've have to credit the brevity. But mice are a BIG no-no for me. 3 climbing mice out of 5 for me.

Now backstage, there was a heated debate on whether we should've offered a mouse or a clock right now. Lucky for you, common sense prevailed, so take a look at...

{giant price tag rises}

...your new floor clock!!! {modeled by Manuela}

This 83 inch tall classical triple-chime grandfather clock has a brushed-nickel grid pendulum and nickel finished weight shells, both of which complement the crisp white clock dial!! The type of clock mice dream of running up!!

{applause}

The final nursery rhyme is a personal favorite of mine, "Humpty Dumpty"

"Humpty Dumpty sat on a wall,
Humpty Dumpty had a great fall.
All the king's horses and all the king's men
Couldn't put Humpty together again"

This story has everything you'd want. Setting, suspense, tragedy. The only thing missing is the answer to why Humpty fell off the wall in the first place. 3 walls out of 5 for me.

Since I wasn't giving an answer, we had to come up with our own. And, boy oh boy, did we come up with an answer.  :oldlol:

The reason our titular character fell is because the wall was hit by one of those!!! {pointing to door 3}

{door 3 opens}

It's your very own bulldozer!!! {modeled by Rachel}

This 8-speed, 35HP personal bulldozer stands 90 inches tall without the lift raised and over 9ft with it raised. It has a 4-cylinder 4-stroke vertical water cooled engine, a life capacity of 1,650 lbs and is perfect for earth moving, road carving and wall demolitions!!! Metallic hard hat included, because we never forget about safety here.  :-)

{loud cheers}

That's how you tie up the loose ends of a story.

So if you like unique takes on old stories, this is your showcase, but only if the Price is Right!!!

1233: That is quite a showcase. Now what do you want to bid, TPIRfan?

{advice from peanut gallery}

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #72 on: March 23, 2020, 07:02:46 PM »
Ring around the rosie,
A pocket full of posies,
Ashes, ashes,
We all fall down!

Oh, sorry, I was just thinking about a current pandemic and saying a nursery rhyme about another one. I guess I price a bulldozer at around the same amount as a more expensive car, and a grandfather clock is going to be like 5 or 6...

Okay, screw it. Let's bid high with $29,420.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #73 on: March 23, 2020, 08:24:38 PM »

{ding}

1233: Ring around the posie is about a pandemic!?!

{searches internet}

Wow, I never would have guessed. Anyways, the suspenseful conclusion of the showcases is coming up after these fancy line breaks.

{cheers from crowd leading into the break}

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-

*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*

_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)(=)

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

[-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-][-

*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*7*8*9*0*1*2*3*4*5*6*

{transition from break music}

1233: We're back to see who our big winner of the day is. Let's start with JayC.

You bid $27,500 on your decision showcase. The actual retail price of your showcase is...

{pulls tab}

...for a difference of...

{ding}

...$4,742. Not a bad bid at all.

Now we move over to TPIRfan#9821. You bid $29,420 for your nursery rhyme showcase.

The actual price of your showcase is...

{pulls tab}

{groans and gasps from crowd}

Ouch, only $42 over. That one really stings. I hope you still had a great time here.

However, onto better news...

In this half hour, JayC was able to win over $68,000 worth of cash and prizes!!!

{cheers as JayC runs over to his prizes}

From all of us here at the Numbers Studio, we hope you had a great time!!!

{credits roll}

*********************************************************************************

Expected: 2/3 (Bullseye, Pathfinder)
Actual: 2/3 (2 for the Price of 1, Pathfinder)

One of these days, we'll get a perfect show. :)

Thank you all who participated. It was fun to host and I hope you all enjoyed yourselves
« Last Edit: March 23, 2020, 08:29:00 PM by 123123123 »

Online TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #74 on: March 23, 2020, 08:31:49 PM »

That's the last time I ever do an ending besides xx252 in one of these HYOs.  :P

Anyways, thanks again for hosting! I always enjoy these, especially having to price random things like a bulldozer.

"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023