Author Topic: TPiR Recap - 3/23/2020 (TPiR Season 48 LMAD Mashup Week - Day I)  (Read 1699 times)

Offline BillyGr

• Walking the Golden Road
Re: TPiR Recap - 3/23/2020 (TPiR Season 48 LMAD Mashup Week - Day I)
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2020, 02:59:11 PM »
FWIW, Monday's crossover game on Let's Make A Deal was Plinko. The contestant was given three chips for nothing in an attempt to win as much as she could. They also had LMAD envelopes on the $1000 slots (they were never revealed). After the first two chips, the contestant had only won $600 and Wayne offered her a flat $2000 to quit the game. She refused and wound up hitting the $10000 on the last chip, for a total win of $10,600.

Video clip of the event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7g1WitVDik

Just to be precise, she was given two chips, then had to choose from 3 envelopes held by Tiffany, Jonathan and Drew (after Wayne made a point that he couldn't find one he thought he had and asked someone to bring it out from backstage, that someone being Drew). 

The envelopes gave a chance to get an additional 1 2 or 3 chips - the contestant picked Tiffany and got only one extra (making a total of 3) - Jonathan had the two and of course Drew had the three in his envelope.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2020, 03:42:30 PM »
Flak from whom - from us? That could have been because, in at least one earlier episode when that happened, Bob did allow a re-spin for a spinoff number, but without a chance to win additional money.
Yes, it was considered to be the wrong way of handling it because of the earlier incident where the contestant did get to spin again but could not win any bonus money.

Wheel of Fortune still doesn't have anything like that, and they give away at least one trip every episode.
I wondered about that too, maybe it's because the contestants are all deciding not to take the trips and we'll only see a disclaimer if they do accept it?

Offline SteveGavazzi

• Director
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2020, 05:30:28 AM »
This isn't exactly about the show, and it would really only mean anything to people familiar with the Pittsburgh market...but how in hell has the sixth IUFB's logo not caused a lawsuit from WTAE?
"Every game is somebody's favorite." -- Wise words from Roger Dobkowitz.

Offline Roadgeek Adam

• I am the modren recapper. Domo arigato.
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2020, 12:08:43 PM »
This isn't exactly about the show, and it would really only mean anything to people familiar with the Pittsburgh market...but how in hell has the sixth IUFB's logo not caused a lawsuit from WTAE?

Thankfully, I'm not in the Pittsburgh market, but I know what you meant by that.

There are limitations in copyrights and trademarks of number and circle logos. There are laws that note "basic designs" cannot be copyrighted. That's why the MTA NYC Subway ones are trademarked, not copyrighted. also, this 4 is much thinner than the WTAE 4.
Season 41 - Season 43, Season 46 - Present Recap Guide.
Headmaster of Golden-Road.net After Hours on Skype.
Masters of Arts in History, Western Illinois University, 2017.

CSS Season 14 Cash: $729,601
CSS Season 15 Cash: $888,251 - All time CSS high for myself in 8 years.
CSS Season 16 Cash: $225,140