Author Topic: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 1 - Something... interesting?  (Read 22804 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 1 - Something... interesting? - IUFB3
« Reply #45 on: April 02, 2020, 09:43:17 PM »
Yikes. No clue at all. Let's try a palindrome...$1661
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2020, 12:39:54 PM »
$1700.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2020, 04:35:07 PM »
$1,000 to you're never taking my money alive *ding!*

$1,495 to tpiradam *ding!*

$1661 to tpir04 *ding!* *!ϱnib* μ0ɿiqɈ oɈ ƖმმƖ$

...and $1,700 for gamesurf *ding!*

BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ! BUZZ!

...and you're all over. PTR, you're back up, and don't bid more than last time (I mean, you can bid more if you want to, but then you lose this chance to play a game by default)
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #48 on: April 03, 2020, 09:32:08 PM »
Why is my name tag....never mind.

I don’t think I was far off, but I’m also not well-versed on nineteenth century weaponry prices, either, so this is a total crapshoot.

Let’s go with nine seventy-five.
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #49 on: April 03, 2020, 10:38:37 PM »
$800?

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2020, 08:58:48 AM »
Maybe I can fit right in the middle: $915 (even though it's 8:58 right now)

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2020, 09:29:12 AM »
$1!
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 1 - Something... interesting? - PG3
« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2020, 08:09:49 PM »
Why is my name tag....never mind.
(I tried to use the Pay the Rent font, but then I realized the title is more fancy than just a typeface, so I just left it at the green name).

$975 for PTR... *ding!*
$800 for tpiradam *ding!*
$915 for thank you so much for reminding me I'm a little slow on the draw on updating this game *ding!*
... and the mighty buck from gamesurf! *ding!*

And the actual retail price is...

Ouch, that's rough. $950. 04, please come up on stage!

PayingTheRent, you had the right idea, but just was a tad bit agressive. tpir04, I want to play Russian Roulette for your prizes, but TTTB said no. So, we've got a safer game, where you can win this:

How about $1,000 worth of toilet paper...

A MacBook Pro...

And a new golf cart!

First, our friends at Scott have agreed to give $1,000 worth of toilet paper! In addition, everyone in the audience will be recieving a 12-pack of their 1000 sheet toilet paper!

Second, the Apple MacBook pro comes equipped with a 16" Display with Touch Bar, a one-terabyte SSD, and 16 GB of RAM!

Finally, this golf cart has a 48-volt battery and has a bed capacity of over 450 pounds!

It's a Panic Button package worth... $11,219!

Thank you, Announcer! Now, I'm sure you tuned into Mashup Week a while ago on the real Price is Right. However, I couldn't help but notice that they reused the same five games as last time. Let's change that. I've taken out a game that's been retired from that show for four years, and it's all hooked up and ready to go!

The name of the game is Panic Button, as evidenced by the six shiny buttons. I tried to find a video of it being played online to help you visualize what was going on, but the closest I got was former site member WooWho hosting a mock episode at his local college, and for everyone's sake, I won't post that. What you need to know is that you want to press the three buttons that correlate to the cheapest three items. If you can successfully do that, I will give you all three prizes. However, every mistake you make will make you lose a prize, starting with the $7,000 golf cart, then the $3,000 MacBook, and finally the $1,000 of toilet paper. After you pick a GP, I will tell you if it was one of the more expensive items or least expensive items, and reveal its ARP.

Announcer, could you tell us more about the items?

I can indeed!

First, the Personal Panic Alarm can produce a sound of up to 130 dB if you are in a tight situation.

Second, that's 5 pounds of Yukon Gold Seed Potatoes.

Third, we've got 2 ounces of minced onions.

Fourth, it's a 10.8 ounce box of Honey Nut Cheerios.

Fifth, that's 7 ounces of salami slices.

Finally, that's 8 ounces of unsweetened cacao!

tpir04, feel free to give me your first guess, or all three if you want.
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2020, 12:29:12 AM »
Haha not at all, the 8:58 reference was because of my $915 bid, which if I had waited 17 more minutes I would have been able to bid $915 at 9:15. Sorry bout that, I make really bad jokes.  :D

Yikes, this looks tough. Audience, any help?

Offline 123123123

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2020, 07:53:06 AM »
*from crowd*

I remember this game from LMAD, it was probably one of my favorites from the new era. Too bad it was retired.

Anyways, I'd pick the potatoes and onions for sure. Can't really decide on the last one, but don't pick the sound machine.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2020, 12:34:43 PM »
Hmm...hmmmmmmm...So I might've taken a look at the cereal last week at the store while scavenging for TP and I'm pretty sure it was $3.29, and I see several items that seem to be more expensive than that.

*smashes pandemic button #4*

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2020, 01:17:53 PM »
Alright, Button 4, is that right?

BUZZ!

I guess not. The ARP of those Cheerios was... wait seriously? Announcer, where the heck did you find a box of Cheerios to be worth $4.88?

I just clicked the first link that popped up on "Honey Nut Cheerios price".

...I guess the golf cart is gone then. I'm not too concerned since there's an all-or-nothing endgame, but really?

I guess pick another item. For the sake of you not saying that you found it cheaper at other stores, here are my sources for the rest of the items. I assume you won't cheat.

Alarm - The Home Security Superstore
Potatoes - Rural King
Minced Onions - Vons
Salami - Target
Cacao - Target

All these are based off of prices in Los Angeles.

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2020, 01:45:13 PM »
You told me not to say it but I'll say it anyway: "I found it cheaper elsewhere!"  :P

Now I'm starting to think I should pick what appear to be the three most expensive. Buuuut I'll go with the potatoes. Those can't be much.

*smashes pandemic button #2*

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2020, 07:09:23 PM »
The taters. Are 5 pounds of taters cheap?

*DING-DING!*

They are indeed; only $2.45. Now, out of the four remaining items, give me one of the cheaper ones.

Offline JayC

• Double Showcase Winner
« Reply #59 on: April 05, 2020, 10:50:18 PM »
*shouts from audience* Salami!