Author Topic: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 1 - Something... interesting?  (Read 22690 times)

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
Re: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 1 - Something... interesting? - IUFB3
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2020, 11:03:14 PM »
Gonna go with the salami...but if I'm wrong at least I got that TP!

*smashes pandemic button #5*
CSS: Exacta, 6/3/2019
Lifetime earnings: $1,896,732
Season 18 cash earnings: $629,243
Season 19 cash earnings: $490,110
FPG: 2019-2020 Finals Champion

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • ghost in the more-than-shell bedroom
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2020, 02:22:22 AM »
The salami. Is that cheap salami?

DING-DING-DING-DING!

It is indeed. For the record, the correct items were the potatoes ($2.45), salami ($3.49), and cocoa ($3.19), and the wrong items were the alarm ($8.99), onions ($4.19), and Cheerios ($4.84).

Well, congratulations on winning the toilet paper and the MacBook. We'll see you back for the Gift Exchange, where you'll be ahead of Prizes and Numbers!

That's assuming you don't want to play to win back the golf cart.

I have two more grocery items, marked item A and item B. Item A is a 20-ounce family pack of Oreos. Item B is a 4-count of 1-oz packages of Jell-O Pudding (NOTE: The image only looks like one box; it's actually four boxes). If you want to go for the clean sweep, you can make one more decision on which of these items is cheaper. If you are right, you win everything. If not, well, at least you have your gun and Second Amendment rights. The choice is yours, and yours alone, 04. Do you want to play on for the full package, or keep the $3,799 in items you have already?
"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

-Drew Carey, interview with Athletic, September 16, 2020

"I honestly thought the doubler was gone, but 9821 going $0 makes sense"

-thatvhstapeguy, Discord message, April 5, 2023

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2020, 08:20:51 AM »
In best Fats Domino voice: "I'm walkin', yes indeed I'm walkin'..."  :P

I dunno, seems like the items are too close together and I can't nail a definite price on either of them. At least I'm guaranteed second place in the Gift Exchange, and even if I wasn't...at least I still got my TP.

Now since this is (or was) a LMAD game, Wayne usually asks the contestants what they would've done if they continued. I would've picked the Jello.

Live for the present.  Embrace the future.  Our favorite game show is still producing excellent, high quality, exciting, hour-long* shows every weekday throughout its traditional season window.  It’s as good as it’s been in a long, long time.  If the 1980s were the ‘good ole days’ for the Barker era, so is RIGHT NOW for the Carey era.  Don’t worry about what the future holds.  It will play out in due time.  Enjoy what we have right in front of us in the meantime!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2020, 05:37:31 PM »
Okay then, enjoy your MacBook and TP.

Now, if you had picked the Jello...

You would have made the wrong choice. The Oreos were $3.52, and the Jell-O was $3.99. Good job bailing out. We'll have one final contestant come on down now. Announcer, who will it be?

How about Plinkoman! FOR THE LAST TIME, STAY AT YOUR SEAT, but you're the next contestant on The Price is Right!

Plinkoman! You've got one shot, do not waste your chance to blow. Announcer, what's the final item up for bids?

We've given away everything but the kitchen sink, so let's change that with this new kitchen sink! This sink gives a real farmhouse vibe and has corrosion resistance and anti-microbial properties. It comes with a fire patina, 16 guage, and a bronze spout!

Announcer, how many prizes are there that have a patina? We just had the gun, and now this.

All of them.

Fair dos. Plinkoman, we'll start with you, and go down the line.

"If any show, forget sports, Price is Right, [the audience is] the star of the show. Somebody... coming on down and losing their minds, and ... crying, that's the show. The show isn't me, the show isn't necessarily [a] can of soup, how much that is, it's watching people go bananas, and there's going to be some of that missing."

Offline tpir04

• Taking a Bonus Spin
  • Why, oh why?
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2020, 06:17:30 PM »
I can't speak for Plinkoman but l would be slightly offended if you called me "Plinkochipstickman".  ;)

Offline Plinkoman

• 5/28/2019
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2020, 08:26:53 PM »
I can't speak for Plinkoman but l would be slightly offended if you called me "Plinkochipstickman".  ;)

I actually quite like it! Oh, to be thin again!

*Stands up and yells from the front, right row near the turntable*

$594! Why? Well, why not!?

*Sits back down and reminds self on how to be thankful for turning down that trip to Hong Kong at the time of this pandemic*
1,700 days until I am re-eligible to be a contestant on The Price Is Right!

No longer a Push Over!

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
Re: 9821's The Price is Right Episode 1 - Something... interesting? - IUFB4
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2020, 10:36:51 PM »
... $594 for Plinkoman *DING!*

...and I count that as 24 hours for gamesurf, so that's a strike. *BUZZ!* You may still bid, but only if PtR doesn't bid first.

Offline gamesurf

• 4/4/2023
  • TPiR Alumnus
  • makin' flippy floppy, tryin' to do my best
« Reply #67 on: April 08, 2020, 01:07:15 AM »
Ah, my bad. Apologies for holding the game up.

$900.
Quote from: Bill Todman
"The sign of a good game, is when you don't have to explain it every day. The key is not simplicity, but apparent simplicity. Password looks like any idiot could have made it up, but we have 14 of our people working on that show. There is a great complexity behind the screen. It requires great work to keep it simple."

Offline Mr. Weatherman

« Reply #68 on: April 08, 2020, 12:06:26 PM »
That’s a nice sink.  A whole heck of a lot nicer than my sink.

That’s gotta be a thousand plus, right?  Maybe?

It’s my last shot, so to heck with it.  ONE THOUSAND ONE HUNDRED!
Pardon my language, but I do believe we all need to calm the f*** down.

“It’s an important stick — it’s my Plinko stick...I use it for A LOT of things!” - Bob Barker

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
    • http://adamb.one-dollar.us
« Reply #69 on: April 08, 2020, 12:09:14 PM »
one thousand, one hundred...and 5

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #70 on: April 08, 2020, 03:45:39 PM »
$900 for gamesurf *ding!*
$1100 for PtR *ding!*
and $1105 for tpiradam *ding!*

...and the Actual Retail Price is... $1,695! tpiradam, that's all you!

Well, tpiradam, you finally made it! Your reward is this:

Two brand new cars!

It's the 2020 Chevy Spark! It's literally the dirt cheap options, so 5-speed MT, 1.4L engine, four wheels, etc. Each car has a base MSRP of $14,065!

Thank you for that exposé. You know what, I'll throw in $1,100 15" silver-painted wheels on the red car. Is that good enough for you, tpiradam? No?

Fine, pick your own darn options on the passion fruit car, since you don't like the wheels.

Just don't go over $1,100 (or technically $1,103, since there is no mathematical way of getting $1,100 with the other options). The wheels might not be the most expensive option on that list, and you have four tries. You can give me all your options at once, or just one at a time.

Oh, and if you need clarification on what any of these options are, feel free to ask.

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #71 on: April 08, 2020, 04:01:06 PM »
Ok. Four chances you say. Let's start with the Orange Burst Paint Package and see where that takes us.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #72 on: April 08, 2020, 04:14:38 PM »
The paint, since you don't like that ugly color of that car. Now, pay attention to my hands.

Our budget for this show might have ran out at this point, so I had to make do with a ruler, a Hot Wheels car, and some red string :P

Paint shouldn't cost that much, right?

Right?

*ding!*

The paint costs $395. You've got $605 to go for a win, and $705 for a loss. What is your second choice?

Offline tpiradam

• 11/13/2018
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #73 on: April 08, 2020, 04:18:52 PM »
I think I know what not to pick but a lot of the others I have no idea. Let's go with the sport pedals.

Offline TPIRfan#9821

• 4/23/2020
  • TPiR Alumnus
« Reply #74 on: April 08, 2020, 04:24:23 PM »
The sport pedals. Let's see how much those cost.

*ding!*

$170. Not a bad pick. You're at $565, and need $435 to $535 to win. What is your third pick?